Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Pep Today

aliveon2legs

He called his number. Pass was overthrown, another I thought was PI but it was dubiously deemed incidental. TY waswas well covered. I actually thought Pep called a decent game, but was a bit disappointed that we didn't see some no-huddle.

Yeah, ok. Stanley Havili and that tight formation with only 1 wr was very productive today. Gonna be fun watch his 3yrds and a cloud of dust offense against real teams.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TY Hilton got 5 whole targets, no problem. I'd be interested to know how many times they were in that 1 wr formation.

I saw a lot of Stanford gms, Shaw is real OC there.

Honest serious question....

How can you tell who the Stanford OC is by watching their games?

What does Shaw do that you think Pep doesn't?

I know Stanford was successful, but do people even remember the SF O before the qb change? It was not exciting until they started running read options. The Pep is getting credit for others work. David Shaw ran the offense.

I just wish they would've got an OC with NFL experience caling plays.

I know Stanford was successful, but do people even remember the SF O before the qb change? It was not exciting until they started running read options. The Pep is getting credit for others work. David Shaw ran the offense.

who cares about exciting? The offense was efficient and one of the highet scoring in the league with Alex Smith as QB,

I agree, the thread is a joke.  But Pep called a pretty bad game, especially in the second half.

He has to make a team pay if they're rushing two and three DBs on blitzes.

I think the problem was more Luck and the line not picking up the blitz than it was Pep's playcalling. I mean, that's the quarterback's responsibility to alter routes/protection responsibilties when they're sending DB's on blitzes. There should've been a hot read right behind that blitzing DB but Luck didn't appear to recognize the pressure 

who cares about exciting? The offense was efficient and one of the highet scoring in the league with Alex Smith as QB,

SF is also loaded with 1st rnd picks on the OL and a HofF caliber RB. Smith was basically marginalized.

And lets get this straight, Pep Hamilton is not anywhere near the coaching talents of Harbaugh and Roman

Once the line gets things solidified, the sky is the limit for this offense.  I thought the Luck to Wayne completion early in the second quarter was a sign of things to come when the line holds up for that extra second or two.  Bullet pass. tight spiral and right in stride.  Pretty to watch.  So was the 19 yard keeper for 6.  Hang in their people, it's a tough league.  They won.   

Gotta admit, it is a very sucky offense....

All the offense is generated by Andrew improvising and making plays.

Pep needs to make better play selections or improve the execution (if physically possible with the O-line personnel we have).

No, he needs more possessions

Colts had 7 possessions and scored 21

Seahawks had 8 possessions ans scored 12

49ers had 13 and scored 34

Broncos had 15 and scored 49

Pep has 7 years of NFL coaching experience.

I don't really hate the new offense. I don't love it though.  I probably liked Arian's better but i know many didn't.  I think i could like this offense a lot more though if we take more shots like we did later in the game to Hilton.  I felt like the Raiders were simply crowding the line and daring us to throw deep.  We didn't really do it that much until late in the game.

Well Pep accomplished what he wanted Luck had a higher passing % but I guess that would be the case if you're throwing 5yd passes from the power I. (did Luck even have 200 yds passing?) Was very nervous about this hiring anyway. Saw this in training camp and thought Pep would adapt to his talent on offense by now but waiting to get DOWN to the Raiders before spreading the ball out is a sign of trouble. What a waste of speed from TY and DHB in this offense. The only thing I can tell Pep is to call David Shaw the "real" oc/hc at Stanford and ask to borrow the o-line as well as the playbook and hope it works in the nfl. Chuck you're on the clock.....

Well Pep accomplished what he wanted Luck had a higher passing % but I guess that would be the case if you're throwing 5yd passes from the power I. (did Luck even have 200 yds passing?) Was very nervous about this hiring anyway. Saw this in training camp and thought Pep would adapt to his talent on offense by now but waiting to get DOWN to the Raiders before spreading the ball out is a sign of trouble. What a waste of speed from TY and DHB in this offense. The only thing I can tell Pep is to call David Shaw the "real" oc/hc at Stanford and ask to borrow the o-line as well as the playbook and hope it works in the nfl. Chuck you're on the clock.....

relax

Well Pep accomplished what he wanted Luck had a higher passing % but I guess that would be the case if you're throwing 5yd passes from the power I. (did Luck even have 200 yds passing?) Was very nervous about this hiring anyway. Saw this in training camp and thought Pep would adapt to his talent on offense by now but waiting to get DOWN to the Raiders before spreading the ball out is a sign of trouble. What a waste of speed from TY and DHB in this offense. The only thing I can tell Pep is to call David Shaw the "real" oc/hc at Stanford and ask to borrow the o-line as well as the playbook and hope it works in the nfl. Chuck you're on the clock.....

Yards per completion

2012: 6.98

2013: 7.74