Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think that’s because he fell so far.  He went from being a 1st rounder to being selected in the 2nd round.  Many rankings had him as either the 4th or 5th best WR behind the big 3.  And big part of it is what was being said about him.  Who knows if what was said is true or not.   i think since we chose him we’re ok lol.  It’s him vs the league, and I honestly love it.  Means he’s motivated.  That hunger should translate well into hustle and grind.  And if he doesn’t start right away, I hope he takes it as a sign to get better,  not a sign of slight.
    • In reality all GMs do this. It's just how it is when working with the press. The last thing they want to do is paint their shiny new prospect in the negative. So it's easy to sit there on the mic and say "we really like this guy, we're really lucky he fell to us". And psychologically? It usually works. 
    • This might be the second most shocking post on this entire forum. The more shocking thing is that both Doug and Moosejaw appear to be content with the draft this year!!!
    • You have interesting positions, and like chad said, it was pretty obvious where you were going with this one.    There's a possibility that the Colts had a good read on what everyone from #46 to #52 was looking to do. Maybe they knew that none of those teams liked AD, so they were more willing to roll the dice. But another team could have moved up in front of them. So most likely, they were okay with missing out on him if that's the way it went.    In reality, the Colts liked a ton of prospects in this draft. They only got nine of them. Before they picked AD, they probably watched a dozen guys that they were hoping for in the second round get picked by other teams. So the 'we got lucky' thing kind of misses me. If Cooper DeJean or Jackson Powers-Johnson lasted until the Colts pick, they probably would have said 'we got lucky,' just like they did about AD. It's just the way the draft works. You can't get everybody you like. If they had stayed at #46 and taken AD, I might take the 'we got lucky' comment more seriously.
    • Agreed. But if we’re gonna say that a GM got lucky when a player becomes a star then I would say then when a GM has a pick bust; then it’s bad luck. It’s has to go both ways for this argument to be valid 
  • Members