Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Gay

Scott Pennock

Just now, Scott Pennock said:

For all those folks that made fun of the front office for signing him to such a “large” contract……

How you like him now? 

Is he a “weapon”?

Four 50+ kicks in one game including the game winner. 

Special Teams can win or lose games and his leg just won this one.

Time for some of y’all to eat some crow….

There are many people eating crow today and I love it because I am not one of them sexy homer simpson GIF

I’ll never understand fans griping about spending a little money on a reliable kicker with range.  There aren’t that many of them and they often factor decisively in close games.

After watching AV’s last couple years and Hot Rod after year 1 (which was good, but showed limited range), I was thrilled when we signed Matt Gay.

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

For all those folks that made fun of the front office for signing him to such a “large” contract……

How you like him now? 

Is he a “weapon”?

Dude kicking is a major part of the game I was so happy because all the kicking issues over the years since Vinny last couple years was killers. But we missing bubba on ST for sure 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

How you like him now? 

Is he a “weapon”?

I dont think s lot of people were as down on the signing as u think. Most people knew we needed a Kicker, and even the highest paid Kicker eats so little of the cap. So I think your anger is misdirected lol.

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont think s lot of people were as down on the signing as u think. Most people knew we needed a Kicker, and even the highest paid Kicker eats so little of the cap. So I think your anger is misdirected lol.

The poster didn’t say a lot.   He simply said to those who didn’t like the signing.  The ouster didn’t inky how many.   And we’ve had a handful who didn’t like the signing including several right around the end of training camp.  

19 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Was Gays game today better than AVs playoff game in Bmore? That’d be a good poll question!

AV won a playoff game.  That wins the argument alone, not to mention he scored all the Colts points that day.  The only thing Gay has on him was that four of his were from beyond 50 yards but a playoff game trumps a regular season game anytime.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Anger? Dude, I’ve been shot at, stabbed, blown up, lied to, cheated on, gone without food/water and a shower, had a spiteful ex who used my kids as weapons, stubbed my toe and ran into my coffee table in the middle of the night……those make me angry!

Me suggesting folks eat some crow is not misdirected anger it’s a statement about owning their misdirected doubts towards the front office.

• Like 3

Thing about Gay is he looks so darn calm and collected, and then BOOM right down the middle. Dude is cool for real for a kicker. Who cares if someone criticized the signing? Gay is 100 percent Horseshoe Guy now and will remain Horseshoe Guy until he misses a big field goal and then we’ll be questioning the contract. 

I loved this signing at the start of Free Agency. This is how you sign a FA. Get a top 3 kicker in the league for nothing but cash. I was very happy we did this, considering our K situation recently. This game alone shows that contract was worth it. Gay won us this game almost by himself. He's the best kicker we've had since Veniteri IMO. 

So many people here, and elsewhere online, were freaking out about Gay missing a short field goal in the preseason. Thought that was laughable then, and even moreso now.

A lot of folks like to make fun of kickers and punters, which never makes any sense to me, because they make more of a direct impact on whether a team wins and loses than many other positions on the team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

So many people here, and elsewhere online, were freaking out about Gay missing a short field goal in the preseason. Thought that was laughable then, and even moreso now.

A lot of folks like to make fun of kickers and punters, which never makes any sense to me, because they make more of a direct impact on whether a team wins and loses than many other positions on the team.

Yep, they score points by themselves.  Of course there needs to be blocking and a hold, but points from a kicker are based on their execution and no one else's...unlike a TD.

The amount of people who were so over the top about a kicker being the first signing of the offseason was ridiculous. Like it matters what order players are signed. The salary cap is skyrocketing.  The Colts have a QB on a rookie contract. Ballard went out and put an important position to bed for the foreseeable future.  McGlaughlin would not have made all of those kicks yesterday.  Don’t even get me going on Rodrigo. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Anger? Dude, I’ve been shot at, stabbed, blown up, lied to, cheated on, gone without food/water and a shower, had a spiteful ex who used my kids as weapons, stubbed my toe and ran into my coffee table in the middle of the night……those make me angry!

Me suggesting folks eat some crow is not misdirected anger it’s a statement about owning their misdirected doubts towards the front office.

Anger may have been the wrong word to use but now u r just coming off as a whiner/victim. Sorry, I am kidding, but I just couldn't resist lol

On 9/25/2023 at 10:28 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Anger may have been the wrong word to use but now u r just coming off as a whiner/victim. Sorry, I am kidding, but I just couldn't resist lol

Haha no worries! But seriously, stubbing your toe and/or running into your coffee table with your shin……@$@% those hurt!!!!!

The rest of the stuff is just daily life in the military! Ha!

On 9/24/2023 at 3:19 PM, Scott Pennock said:

How you like him now? 

Is he a “weapon”?

Another Matty Ice in da house!!

23 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Haha no worries! But seriously, stubbing your toe and/or running into your coffee table with your shin……@$@% those hurt!!!!!

The rest of the stuff is just daily life in the military! Ha!

My dad and brother were in the  military. Dad was airplane mechanic and brother was air borne..death from above lol.