Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign Margus Hunt

CR91

So Hunt is back and we still have Autry for another 2 years. This makes me think the Colts are going to go after a developmental DT in the draft unless Wilkins falls. They also have said they would like to move Lewis to 3T on certain plays. Maybe they go after Dre’Mont and let him bulk up and learn to play the run. Or another guy I like is Wren. Needs to learn to use his hands, but likely has the same measurables and upside that Ballard saw in Turray.

Good to have Hunt back. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!!

• Superman changed the title to Colts re-sign Margus Hunt
15 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Good news!!!  He's made some big plays for us and is always a threat to block FG's.  Glad he was re-signed.

Whew! Glad to see that he was re-signed and didn't resign -- some here do struggle mightily with the English language. Hunt did some nice work last season, and he still has plenty of mileage left on his tires. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Wooohooo! Great signing

tenor.gif?itemid=12781958

I know I'm being petty, but it's re-sign (with a hyphen) 

No,  it's not petty at all.     It's the English language.     The two words are spelled different and have completely different meanings.

Resign and Re-sign are NOT the same.    It's not just a minor issue.   They're completely different words.

Always good that you pointed that out!      :thmup:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

So Hunt is back and we still have Autry for another 2 years. This makes me think the Colts are going to go after a developmental DT in the draft unless Wilkins falls. They also have said they would like to move Lewis to 3T on certain plays. Maybe they go after Dre’Mont and let him bulk up and learn to play the run. Or another guy I like is Wren. Needs to learn to use his hands, but likely has the same measurables and upside that Ballard saw in Turray.

Good to have Hunt back. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!!

In sports, You always look to improve. Even if you win the Championship, you always find ways to add better quality players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Just saw this on my Colts app.  Good to bring him back.  

4.5 to 5 mil per year for 2 years is a good deal.  

Yes. I always felt Hunt will be back before Woods, for the value he brought to Eberflus' D.

Good re-signing!!!

• Like 1

Very nice signing. Even if he is just a rotational player by the end of the contract if he keeps playing like he's played last two seasons, he will be more than worth his contract. You can never have enough good rotational linemen and Margus has established himself as one. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matabix said:

His play fell off a bit cause his assignment changed. Started year as DE, than DT. Woods went down he went to NT.

A draft pick for NT or a FA signing for NT is definitely coming, IMO.

• Like 1

I think Tillery makes a lot of sense because he can play 3tech or Al Woods Spot.   Grover Stewart and Tillery could rotate. Stewart was doing some good things at the end of the year playing for Al Woods.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very, very pleased with this signing!

I hope we have 2-3 signing announcements every day this week!    We have lots of our own to re-sign before we start buying players in Free Agency.

So tell me, who do you want us to re-sign? I can't find more than Inman I want to keep of the rest.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Tillery makes a lot of sense because he can play 3tech or Al Woods Spot.   Grover Stewart and Tillery could rotate. Stewart was doing some good things at the end of the year playing for Al Woods.

Don't think Tillery is a NT.

He supposedly played this year at 305.      Showed up to the Combine at 295.    Don't think he's playing the NT in the NFL at those weights.    IMO,  he's a 3-tech all the way....

• Like 3

My biggest takeaway from this re-signing is him saying :

“The locker room that’s here and the people that Chris and coach has brought in, and the chemistry that we have now, it was something I didn’t want to change out for anything else."

This makes me think what the coaches have been saying is very much real and tangible.  Might be a player selling tool to other free agents like Collins.  Hooker is good friends with him, so maybe we really have a shot with him.

Hunt was a very solid piece to the D-line.  was top 20 in NFL in TFL's also.

• Like 3

I think it comes down to do you really want to leave a good situation for a couple million more bucks. When your already making millions is a couple more really a big deal. I personally would take less if I knew I was in a good situation and might have a chance to win a SB in the future. Hopefully we can get a couple FA with that same mentality and re-sign a couple of our own.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I’m really surprised he is coming back I thought he was going to get some big bucks in free agency but I’m glad he’s staying 

I wouldn't consider him a quality starter worthy of more than he got.
What was interesting to watch was his going from being used by the previous regime as a read and react DT (at times) and seeing him get run over.
 Eber had him pounding the A gap all day long and he was good at it.
I hope he isn't the starter for long if at all, but knowing if we have injuries he can still be solid if he does get a bunch of snaps. Quality depth IMO.

• Thanks 1