Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Breer: Mcdaniels bailed on Colts because of organizational structure.

Tsarquise

14 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Get a load of this nonsense

Yeah... horse poop. He passed because he knows he can't do crap without daddy bill and granddaddy robert helping him by cheating. No, it was a full, 100% spite move engineered by kraft all along.  

• Like 4

This makes no sense at all.  You mean to tell me they did not discuss organizational structure during the interview?  What the job responsibilities were and who reported to who?  I'm surprised at Breer.  He actually bit on that: Hook line and sinker.  He just dropped a notch in my book. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This makes no sense at all.  You mean to tell me they did not discuss organizational structure during the interview?  What the job responsibilities were and who reported to who?  I'm surprised at Breer.  He actually bit on that: Hook line and sinker.  He just dropped a notch in my book. 

Breer has always been an *. And a shill for agents/NFL, like Peter King.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Yeah... horse poop. He passed because he knows he can't do crap without daddy bill and granddaddy robert helping him by cheating. No, it was a full, 100% spite move engineered by kraft all along.  

I don't agree with that.. McDaniels has too big ego and is too entitled to believe he can't succeed without Kraft and BB. He wouldn't be taking interviews now either if that was the case.

3 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Get a load of this nonsense

Organizational structure has to be code for Jim Irsay.  What else could it be? Whatever it was I’m glad it deterred him since I never wanted him from the beginning.  Thank God!  Meanwhile the Colts are now probably one of the most organizationally sound franchises in the league.  We are in good hands with Ballard and Reich and Irsay has been anything but meddlesome.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Organizational structure has to be code for Jim Irsay.

Thats the only thing which "makes sense" despite everyone in Indy knowing better.

But then you actually look at what Irsay has done as owner (not person) and then it still doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Breer spin the team with questionable organizational structure winning or being on the short finalists lists for 

1. GM of the year

2. HC of the year

3. Assistant coach of the year

4. Comeback player of the year

5. OROY of the year

6. DROY of the year

That will be a fun one. 

At this point I don't mind lazy sleazy journalists carrying water for Snake McDaniels. I want him to get whichever job he wants. I want to see him destroy a good team as we are getting better and ready to compete. One less serious  obstacle on our way. Go for it, Joshie boy... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I could be wrong, but I know I read it somewhere when he declined the Colts interviews. 

Nagy interviewed with the colts. He then interviewed with the Bears and they soon offered him the job and he accepted.

Brad Childress, for whatever reason, said in an interview that Nagy was more comfortable with the Bears.  Some how that became a big deal for a couple days.....not sure why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If the concern is how the Colts are/were organized, then I'd say the Colts are doing just fine and are happier without him.  If I think outside the box, I'm wondering if "organizational structure" perhaps means he didn't like how we had Ballard cemented as GM and maybe he'd prefer to go to a team where he can make personnel decisions too, like Belichick does in New England.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Translation:  "Irsay and Ballard weren't gonna let me trade Luck to the Patriots for a ham sammich, so Kraft and Belichicks' plan didn't work out and I had to abort the mission..."

^^^ hmmm now that’s a new one but equally plausible 

31 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

JMO but i think what Breer is reporting is what McDoink is planning on using as his Excuse in current interviews.
Breer covered this in detail after the turndown. There was nothing about the organization then.

Family man, he hid behind his family, threw them under the bus so if he takes a new job one year removed from that, if I were his wife, I’d leave his behind

An owner who's patient and does not meddle (see how long of a leash he gave previous guys). A GM that is well liked, well respected, and has many connections around the league. A scouting staff that is one of the most elite in the league. 100 million dollars in cap space. That's pretty good organizational structure if you ask me. 

Either McDaniels is very picky, or he truly did want more power/control. And if that's the case, why would he not let the team know in like....his first interview.

Oh well. It's worked out perfectly for us, so I won't complain. 

• Like 2

I, for one, would be curious to hear more about this organizational structure commentary for learning purposes.

It could mean tons of things. It could mean he wanted some personnel say and that our structure said the buck stops w/ Ballard and he did not like it.

It could mean some of our scouting department structure and personnel input/say/fits/etc wasn't what he liked.

Hell, it could mean we were including more analytics in analysis and decision making and he didn't like that structure of things.

Some organizational structures are truly challenging. I live in MD and here with the Orioles, everything always stops with Angelos (the owner) and it has hampered signings, trades, etc in the past where he wouldn't sign off on stuff and the GM and such were hamstrung.

I doubt that is the case w/ Irsay, but is that what would be being implied if Irsay was McDaniels' issue?

I find it fascinating that the two jobs he is most linked to or said to have interest currently are GB and Cleveland.

GB doesn't have a true owner (Board of Directors) and Cleveland has Haslem as an owner (who is not some glowing rockstar owner).

GB has a GM that is on the up and up in Gutekunst but they have a weird and unique org structure. Gutenkunst apparently did not inherit Ted Thompson's power to hire and fire coaches. That power was allegedly kept by their President Mark Murphy.

So they have a very very complicated org structure compared to us.

Cleveland will also be super interesting. They are on the right path. John Dorsey is a smart man and a great GM. He and Ballard are close and that could have a lot to do with Dorsey wanting to interview Eberflus and Sirianni. If nothing more it is even a favor to Ballard to show interest in his guys and give them HC interviewing experience and such. And to keep Dorsey's "Book" (if he has such a book like Ballard does) up to date.

All that said, with how close Dorsey and Ballard are, would Dorsey go and feel comfortable chasing and hiring McDaniels after what he did to Ballard and the Colts? I am curious. Clearly Ballard was part of selecting McDaniels initially so he had Ballard's initial endorsement. Would that play into Dorsey's consideration more than Ballard's obvious lack of endorsement of McDaniels after what he pulled?

I will find this NFL coaching Hot Stove fun on many levels this year and I am happy we are not having to partake in it on our end unless we have to replace some assistants.

7 hours ago, BOTT said:

Nagy interviewed with the colts. He then interviewed with the Bears and they soon offered him the job and he accepted.

Brad Childress, for whatever reason, said in an interview that Nagy was more comfortable with the Bears.  Some how that became a big deal for a couple days.....not sure why.

This. It was speculated that Nagy had doubts about whether Luck would ever come back to form again. Nagy also really liked the QB in Chicago, so I got the impression that was the deciding factor, but I don’t think it was ever confirmed. 

Anyway, it worked out great for both Nagy and Colts. So water under the bridge on that one for me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

^^^ hmmm now that’s a new one but equally plausible 

Family man, he hid behind his family, threw them under the bus so if he takes a new job one year removed from that, if I were his wife, I’d leave his behind

Yea but be all supportive , help him pick out house, ect. Then after he signs the contract hand him divorce papers HAHHAHA.

• Like 2

I can believe this actually. McDaniels comes from the Belichick system where Bill has absolute power. No one has more say than Bill, other than Kraft, and I’m sure Bill could even influence Kraft on most matters. 

Not saying McDaniels wanted that here, or anywhere, because quite frankly no one is going to give him that, that has to be earned, but he wants a little bit of it. I’m gonna guess he wanted more control than Ballard was willing to cede and he backed out because of that in the end.