Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Breer: Mcdaniels bailed on Colts because of organizational structure.

Tsarquise

21 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He was probably promise Belichick job after he retires that's likely why he stayed i'm not buying there nonsense story.

I can believe that only if McDaniels doesn't take a head coaching job elsewhere this offseason. 

I don't buy the revisionist history.  He accepted the job.  Colts hired staff that he wanted.  Those people uprooted their lives.  THEN he met with the Patriots and changed his mind.

It had nothing to do with us.  

Lucky for the Bengals.

Why are people trying to spin what was an all time :censored: move? It just was what it was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't buy the revisionist history.  He accepted the job.  Colts hired staff that he wanted.  Those people uprooted their lives.  THEN he met with the Patriots and changed his mind.

Lucky for the Bengals.

Why are people trying to spin what was an all time :censored: move? It just was what it was.

Glad he did change his mind, I love Reich. Reich just fits this team and city.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I’m gonna guess he wanted more control than Ballard was willing to cede and he backed out because of that in the end. 

I can understand that, but did McDaniels have to wait until literally the last possible moment to pull out? Remember, he had a press announcement scheduled to be announced at their next head coach, and even a Twitter comment on the Colts main page was posted. That's how close the deal was; even NFL.com reported this, and even McDaniels agent was caught off guard!

• Like 1

This is complete and total nonsense, IMO.

This is McDaniels way of trying to improve his image after the fiasco of 11 months ago.    Blame Indianapolis,  and not accept any responsibility.     He's trying to reassure teams that he'd be OK to hire without fear he'd stab them in the back as he did to us.

Sleaze ball.    

My dislike for the man (if you want to call him that...) grows by the minute.

Chris Ballard has a bad organizational structure?     Come on....

Jim Irsay,  who supported and extended both Pagano and Grigson trying to be as supportive as he could and who basically doesn't meddle is the problem?     Sorry,  not buying it.

I hope Breer isn't as well.     He's reporting it,  doesn't mean he's buying it.    I'd feel better if there was some skepticism in his posts.     I think @Stiches noted all the success of the past 11 months.   All that success doesn't scream Organizational Problems.    It screams a smooth running organization operating exactly as it should.

It's been reported JM was offered head coach money to stay as the OC.   And though it's been denied by everyone,  I'm betting he's got a hand-shake deal to follow BB.    Doesn't mean he won't leave for a HC job for a year or two elsewhere.    And then he can sleaze and slime his way out of town back to New England.     Good riddance.     So glad we landed Frank Reich.   Best Consolation Prize --- EVER!!          :thmup:  

:colts:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

I can understand that, but did McDaniels have to wait until literally the last possible moment to pull out? Remember, he had a press announcement scheduled to be announced at their next head coach, and even a Twitter comment on the Colts main page was posted. That's how close the deal was; even NFL.com reported this, and even McDaniels agent was caught off guard!

Well, I should have phrased that a little better. I don’t think that was the sole reason, whatever that 11th hour pitch from Belichick and Kraft was is what swayed him. According to McDaniels (and I realize that’s shady, but work with me here) he went into that meeting to say his goodbyes and turn in his keys. 

But the reports he was he was having doubts existed before that. (Somewhere Mike Florio touches himself as I write that.) I’m guessing those were his reservations about it heading into that meeting. 

I mean, if he divulged that during the meeting would it be beyond Belichick to prey on that? I doubt Bill wanted to see someone he thinks as highly of as he does Josh take this job. I’ve always assumed that meeting went with Bill using a ton of spin to change his mind. Downplaying Ballard’s rosterbuilding and scouting ability, saying all kinds of stuff about Irsay, telling him Luck was done...

Call me a conspiracist, but I think Bill turned into a silver tongued devil in that meeting and tipped the scales. Those kinds of doubts would be the perfect launchpad for that. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Call me a conspiracist, but I think Bill turned into a silver tongued devil in that meeting and tipped the scales.

"turned into" ?  He's always been one.  haha

Don't let his press conferences fool you.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

On 1/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

He was probably promise Belichick job after he retires that's likely why he stayed i'm not buying there nonsense story.

Actually a very respected Boston writer was on one of our Canadian sports shows a last year.  I cant recall his name at this time. He stated that  Josh was not promised Bill's job after he retires.  I agree with him.  If he was promised the job, he would simply decline all current and future HC offers.

9 hours ago, Nadine said:

Lucky for the Bengals.

Nadine...you know better. Forum rules.  Lol  I guess Josh McDaniels is enough to get anyone riled up. 

17 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Belichick did the dirty on the Jets way back in 2000, when he quit after one day to join the Patriots. Classy bunch up there in NE. Cited reasons about the Jets ownership. I see a trend. Anyway, who cares, we got our man.....

Its the water up there lol it turns everyone into scumbags. All the pro sports teams are dicks and the fans usually aren't much better.

Like others here, I don't buy this story. I believe that Belichick influenced McDaniels not to take the Colts job. Belichick did the same to Eric Mangini. After Mangini accepted the Jets job, there were reports that Belichick had strongly advised him not to take the job. I'm convinced that is what happened with McDaniels too. BB hates the Jets and the Colts.

From Pats Pulpit:

"Belichick told Mangini to not take the Jets job, but to wait for a better opportunity (and you can be certain the same rules applied to Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia, and Nick Caserio with the Dolphins jobs). Mangini broke Belichick's trust by taking the head coaching role and then trying to recruit Patriots staffers to join him in New York."

Article link

• Like 1

I don't understand why everyone is upset lol.  This is what PR calls damage control. He now wants to pursue other offers of teams he considers valuable and in order to recreate his image he needs to show that he isn't willing to join a bottom dweller team like the Bengals oh and that's why he didn't with the Colts.  It gives him a chance for people who are gullible and willing to give him the chance.

PS I hated the hire before, I hated it after, I hated it during, and I'm so glad Indy got anyone but McDaniels but to think he wasn't going to be kniving afterwards to rebuild his reputation... Well that's just being naive about the type of person he was in the first place lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well this damage control is poppycock, and is trying to damage the image of the Colts, so we have a right to be upset about it.  :angry:

Yes but no one in their right mind is going to believe it lol.  The results speak for themselves.  There's no reason to be bothered. The actual minds of the NFL are going to say this guy threw a chance away at working with the best QB in the league lol

4 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Yes but no one in their right mind is going to believe it lol.  The results speak for themselves.  There's no reason to be bothered. The actual minds of the NFL are going to say this guy threw a chance away at working with the best QB in the league lol

I understand it.

It's like your new girlfriend not wanting to hear the stuff you liked about your ex-girlfriend that made you date her in the first place.  She just wants to hear the bad stuff that made you break up with your ex, to the point where the narrative isn't even true anymore, as if none of the blame for the breakup could be laid at your feet at all.

But your mom still likes your ex cuz she's still friends with her mom, and doesn't like all the bad-mouthing because she knows the breakup was kinda your fault when you cheated on your ex...

haha

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Actually, after checking out the Packers forum it looks like the PR message is doing its job.  There seemed to be plenty of posts putting the blame on the Colts and Irsay.  They seem to ignore the fact that he had multiple interviews and started hiring a staff before changing his mind at the last second.

I wonder if the message is helping ease the mind of possible assistant coaches he might want to bring in to fill out his staff if he get hired.

4 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Actually, after checking out the Packers forum it looks like the PR message is doing its job.  There seemed to be plenty of posts putting the blame on the Colts and Irsay.  They seem to ignore the fact that he had multiple interviews and started hiring a staff before changing his mind at the last second.

I wonder if the message is helping ease the mind of possible assistant coaches he might want to bring in to fill out his staff if he get hired.

Fooling fans is one thing, fooling coaches who live in a pretty small world is another. Then again, six figure pay raises can be pretty convincing.

Just now, BOTT said:

Fooling fans is one thing, fooling coaches who live in a pretty small world is another. Then again, six figure pay raises can be pretty convincing.

I think I just found the best fan perspective of the situation while browsing the Packers forum.......

If JM agrees to be the coach and backs out, I'm ok with it. History has shown that teams JM has backed out of being the coach of have made the playoffs the following year.

• Like 2

McDaniels had a multitude of reasons why he didn’t want to work for the Colts.  It’s ok. We are not entitled to his services.  I think we have the right coach and I’m thankful for also getting the right DC.  We are set up for the future and everything is water under the bridge. I wish McDaniels the best and hope he finds the right spot for him to further his career. 

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

McDaniels had a multitude of reasons why he didn’t want to work for the Colts.  It’s ok. We are not entitled to his services.  I think we have the right coach and I’m thankful for also getting the right DC.  We are set up for the future and everything is water under the bridge. I wish McDaniels the best and hope he finds the right spot for him to further his career. 

Aren't you swell

On 1/5/2019 at 6:39 AM, NFLfan said:

From Pats Pulpit:

"Belichick told Mangini to not take the Jets job, but to wait for a better opportunity (and you can be certain the same rules applied to Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia, and Nick Caserio with the Dolphins jobs). Mangini broke Belichick's trust by taking the head coaching role and then trying to recruit Patriots staffers to join him in New York."

Article link

This. ^^

I got warning points for a previous post on this thread, so I'll be more delicate here and just say that I think the ownership situation is something that McDaniels probably wasn't all that whipped up about already, and that any further conversations with Kraft and Belichick only reinforced whatever doubt he already had. 

You guys are happy with Reich, so I don't see why you wouldn't just leave it at that. Seems like everything worked out in the end for everyone. 

12 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I got warning points for a previous post on this thread, so I'll be more delicate here and just say that I think the ownership situation is something that McDaniels probably wasn't all that whipped up about already, and that any further conversations with Kraft and Belichick only reinforced whatever doubt he already had. 

You guys are happy with Reich, so I don't see why you wouldn't just leave it at that. Seems like everything worked out in the end for everyone.

If the Colts "ownership situation" wasn't good enough to take the Indy job, then the "ownership situation" for half the teams in the league would rule out taking the HC position with those teams.

So I call nonsense.

Let's call a spade a spade and say that McD has been lying out of both sides of his mouth since he backed out last year.  Just because we Lucked into an even better HC in Reich doesn't mean we'll forgive or forget what McD did, and is still doing.

:scorebad:

• Like 4

On 1/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, BloodyChamp said:

There are 2 guys in the NFL who I think are complete fools - Josh McDaniels and Bill O’brien. There are a few more I’m sure but those are by far the 2 biggest dunces whose names everybody knows. 

That Tom Brady fellow is a bit of a dunce. I mean, who breaks their cellphone during an investigation?

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

This. ^^

IMG_0923.JPG.092118eae7eff9d91394ae7912764137.JPG