Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Breer: Mcdaniels bailed on Colts because of organizational structure.


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

If the Colts "ownership situation" wasn't good enough to take the Indy job, then the "ownership situation" for half the teams in the league would rule out taking the HC position with those teams.

 

So I call nonsense.

 

Let's call a spade a spade and say that McD has been lying out of both sides of his mouth since he backed out last year.  Just because we Lucked into an even better HC in Reich doesn't mean we'll forgive or forget what McD did, and is still doing.

 

:scorebad:

The same way Red Sox fans have never forgiven the Yankees for “sealing” Babe Ruth or Cubbies forgiving the Cards multiple trades

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm thinking the Colts organizational structure is working very nicely.

The org structure was good enough to have two interviews, agree to a contract in principle and hire 3 assistants.

What is wrong with the organizational structure? Did he want power like Belichick? I'm so thankful things ended up like they did and we got Coach Reich.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm personally rather tired of reading about McDaniels--we dodged a bullet, and his name is mud. Let's just be thankful we got a top man as our HC as he lifts the Lombardi high this year

Great post Kangaroo. Let’s hoist the Lombardi this year!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The media will continue to bring this up over and over and over again until he inevitably gets his fancy HC gig after the hoodie retires. Then he'll flame out, and just like Sauron he'll become nothing more than a disappointing memory hovering over the northeast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.. the man was a tool and bailed on the Colts because he got paid HC money stay a coordinator.  He has said numerous times he doesn’t want to uproot his family unless it’s perfect.. (And getting paid more here made the decision easy for him.)

 

again he was a tool tool and was wrong but had nothing do with the Colts but everything do with security and his family. (Let’s Face it is there a more cushy job than Tom Brady OC??)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the reactions. 

 

What changed is that Kraft convinced him to stay at the last minute.  I assume that meant there was a conversation about Josh succeeding BB, without having a dominate GM looming over him (Josh's perspective here). 

 

So I don't understand why this is a story at this time, a surprise, or why it doesn't simply validate what most already thought happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Ugh.. the man was a tool and bailed on the Colts because he got paid HC money stay a coordinator.  He has said numerous times he doesn’t want to uproot his family unless it’s perfect.. (And getting paid more here made the decision easy for him.)

 

again he was a tool tool and was wrong but had nothing do with the Colts but everything do with security and his family. (Let’s Face it is there a more cushy job than Tom Brady OC??)

 

Exactly (according to him)!!! He hasn't really been vocal about his HC calls either, or maybe media has not prodded him enough. For Albert Breer to hint or suggest otherwise is what is evoking reactions, plain and simple. 

 

The first domino to fall - Packers' HC job, they probably liked what they saw and did not want to wait around like Ballard did, with Josh last year. Once the Browns' HC job is done, where he has not been named as a leading candidate or mentioned as having an official interview request, I doubt he would consider any other one.

 

Media makes up the story that he is more interested than he truly is this time around, and then has to turn around and shoot down their own fabrication, IMO. The only action on his part is turning down the Bengals' request. If he is indeed being paid HC money, they can just close the case shut, IMO, and not speculate on other reasons why he dissed the Colts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Exactly (according to him)!!! He hasn't really been vocal about his HC calls either, or maybe media has not prodded him enough. For Albert Breer to hint or suggest otherwise is what is evoking reactions, plain and simple. 

 

The first domino to fall - Packers' HC job, they probably liked what they saw and did not want to wait around like Ballard did, with Josh last year. Once the Browns' HC job is done, where he has not been named as a leading candidate or mentioned as having an official interview request, I doubt he would consider any other one.

 

Media makes up the story that he is more interested than he truly is this time around, and then has to turn around and shoot down their own fabrication, IMO. The only action on his part is turning down the Bengals' request. If he is indeed being paid HC money, they can just close the case shut, IMO, and not speculate on other reasons why he dissed the Colts. 

 

Apparently it was GB or bust.

 

 

 

Good. Stay in NE.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He so dumb. He is going to inherit a rebuilding job in NE. Will lose a bunch of games and then get fired.

 

In other words (his) "I did not have as many choices as I thought I might have, but then I wasn't truly interested in most of the openings and you guys (media) bought my narrative that I floated through my insiders in order to just stay relevant, hook, line and sinker."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He so dumb. He is going to inherit a rebuilding job in NE. Will lose a bunch of games and then get fired.

He has denied he was offered the job after BB leaves.  I mean it isn’t against the rules to do it, I think the Colts did that with caldwell when he was under Dungy right?

 

i truly believe they just upped his salary and he decided to stay.  I don’t think the Colts had anything to do with Kraft upping his offer either, I think that had everything do with the issues going on all off season between Brady and BB.. (Kraft wanted make sure he had someone just in case BB suddenly “retired” or “resigned”. )

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Ugh.. the man was a tool and bailed on the Colts because he got paid HC money stay a coordinator.  He has said numerous times he doesn’t want to uproot his family unless it’s perfect.. (And getting paid more here made the decision easy for him.)

 

again he was a tool tool and was wrong but had nothing do with the Colts but everything do with security and his family. (Let’s Face it is there a more cushy job than Tom Brady OC??)

 

 

McDaniels got cold feet and bailed. all the other excuses are nonsense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

 

Apparently it was GB or bust.

 

 

 

Good. Stay in NE.

McDaniels closing the door on jobs he wasn't going to get. He couldn't even beat out LeFeur for the packers job lol.  Again, he has a good agent.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

He has denied he was offered the job after BB leaves.  I mean it isn’t against the rules to do it, I think the Colts did that with caldwell when he was under Dungy right?


No, I think he has to deny it because of the Rooney rule. He can't just admit that he's been promised the job when New England hasn't yet interviewed a black HC. Caldwell is black, so it's a different set of circumstances.

My question is if they wanted to interview Kim Kardashian, does she count as black or white?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't understand the reactions. 

 

What changed is that Kraft convinced him to stay at the last minute.  I assume that meant there was a conversation about Josh succeeding BB, without having a dominate GM looming over him (Josh's perspective here). 

 

So I don't understand why this is a story at this time, a surprise, or why it doesn't simply validate what most already thought happened.

 

Because it shows that he lied about his reasons for not taking the job last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Because it shows that he lied about his reasons for not taking the job last year.

Please refresh my memory.  What were the reasons he gave?  Something about family?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Yes.  He didn't say boo about "organizational structure" when he backed out last year.

If he would have said he refused the job at the end because of concerns over the organizational structure, I think the Colts and much of the NFL would have perceived that as a shot against Ballard and other teams similar to ours. 

 

He'd be chopping off opportunities down the road, so he says something personal that it gets him out of the job without calling out another team.

 

IIRC, the reports that Kraft intervened at the last moment came out pretty quickly, so I just figured there was some sort of professional conversation that influenced the decisions and not just a personal matter.  Just the way I took it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If he would have said he refused the job at the end because of concerns over the organizational structure, I think the Colts and much of the NFL would have perceived that as a shot against Ballard and other teams similar to ours. 

 

He'd be chopping off opportunities down the road, so he says something personal that it gets him out of the job without calling out another team.

 

Ok, so why say it at all?  He could have stuck with the "family" line this year as well...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Ok, so why say it at all?  He could have stuck with the "family" line this year as well...

Because he's a petty goofball maybe?  Reports have surfaced that he has told teams he has finished interviewing, so maybe he is getting comfortable that he will succeed BB and doesn't care about the ramifications of what he says as it relates to employment opportunities.  

 

Being a petty goofball and indirectly criticizing the Colts or other teams after he gets what he wants seems like his style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Because he's a petty goofball maybe?

 

Being a petty goofball and indirectly criticizing the Colts or other teams after he gets what he wants seems like his style.

 

"Goofball" is a much nicer term than what I would use to describe him.

 

He's a petty something, alright...

 

:censored:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • My pick for QB would be Michael Gallup. Oh wait, he's a WR. Yeah then I will still take Michael Gallup as we need receivers more than a QB right now.   Send Rock to Dallas for Gallup. 
    • Gus Johnson is a play by play guy.   Romo is color commentator.   They don't have the same job.    Both are very good at what they do,  but they do different things
    • I see many of the draft "experts" talk about what the Colts will do in the draft.   The draft process on the QB position, even with all the improved scouting techniques is a highly flawed .   If you look at history some interesting facts come out. Drafting a QB in the first round is a high risk endeavor    In the past 9 Years 20 QBs have been drafted in the first round.  I wanted to come up with some metrics to see the % that have worked out with the team that they drafted them   I am "measuring" the results with the simple question,   Would the NFL team make the same draft decision, at their position in that years draft, in hindsight - Its a YES/NO decision   For the ones that are still TBD (last few years) I counted these as YES. The selection of Goff as a "NO" is not that he is a horrible QB, but a simple question.... If you could do the pick again would you take Goff at number 1 overall.....  my guess is the Rams would have gone another way   2012 Draft Round 1 1st Andrew Luck - YES 2nd Robert Griffin - NO 8th Ryan Tannehil - NO 22nd Brandon Wheedon - NO   2013 Draft Round 1 16th EJ Manuel - NO   2014 Draft Round 1 3rd Pick Blake Bortles - NO 22nd Johnny Manziel - NO   2015 Draft Round 1 1st - Jameis Winston - NO 2nd Marcus Marriota  - NO   2016 Draft Round 1 1st Jared Goff - NO 2nd Carson Wentz - YES 22nd Paxton Lynch - NO   2017 Draft Round 1 2nd Mitch Trubiski - NO 10th Pat Mahomes - YES 12th Deshaun Watsun - YES   2018 Draft Round 1 1st Baker Mayfield - YES 3rd Sam Darnold - NO 7th Josh Allen - YES 10th Josh Rosen - NO 32nd Lamar Jackson - YES   With this data, drafting a QB in the first round is a 30% hit rate   The folks that want to give up 2 or 3 first round picks to move up to get Fields or Wilson may want to think deeper on this   From my perspective, and looking at the analytics it would appear that drafting the best BPA OL, DL , CB, or even WR,  available at 21 is the safest approach   And going with an extremely low risk/ low cost FA (Winston) or if the deal is decent, offering a trade to get Matthew Stafford. (Stafford route is my first choice), but I wouldnt want to  get fleeced in the trade.   If the right LT isnt there at 21, there are a few FA OTs that we could pick up       Let me know your thoughts...........      
    • I know right? Word outa GB is that Love has not fared well to this point in any facet and doesn't look all that but yet some want the Colts to trade for him... Ha!! 
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 7,543

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 4,758

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Fish

      The Fish 918

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bleed blue 4 life

      bleed blue 4 life 9

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Stephen

      Stephen 1,740

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DoubleE Colt

      DoubleE Colt 36

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 4,025

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 791

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • sonyab1974

      sonyab1974 7

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dcuse

      Dcuse 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...