Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Breer: Mcdaniels bailed on Colts because of organizational structure.

Tsarquise

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If the Colts "ownership situation" wasn't good enough to take the Indy job, then the "ownership situation" for half the teams in the league would rule out taking the HC position with those teams.

So I call nonsense.

Let's call a spade a spade and say that McD has been lying out of both sides of his mouth since he backed out last year.  Just because we Lucked into an even better HC in Reich doesn't mean we'll forgive or forget what McD did, and is still doing.

:scorebad:

The same way Red Sox fans have never forgiven the Yankees for “sealing” Babe Ruth or Cubbies forgiving the Cards multiple trades

4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm personally rather tired of reading about McDaniels--we dodged a bullet, and his name is mud. Let's just be thankful we got a top man as our HC as he lifts the Lombardi high this year

Great post Kangaroo. Let’s hoist the Lombardi this year!

• Like 1

The media will continue to bring this up over and over and over again until he inevitably gets his fancy HC gig after the hoodie retires. Then he'll flame out, and just like Sauron he'll become nothing more than a disappointing memory hovering over the northeast. 

Ugh.. the man was a tool and bailed on the Colts because he got paid HC money stay a coordinator.  He has said numerous times he doesn’t want to uproot his family unless it’s perfect.. (And getting paid more here made the decision easy for him.)

again he was a tool tool and was wrong but had nothing do with the Colts but everything do with security and his family. (Let’s Face it is there a more cushy job than Tom Brady OC??)

• Like 1

I don't understand the reactions. 

What changed is that Kraft convinced him to stay at the last minute.  I assume that meant there was a conversation about Josh succeeding BB, without having a dominate GM looming over him (Josh's perspective here). 

So I don't understand why this is a story at this time, a surprise, or why it doesn't simply validate what most already thought happened.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Ugh.. the man was a tool and bailed on the Colts because he got paid HC money stay a coordinator.  He has said numerous times he doesn’t want to uproot his family unless it’s perfect.. (And getting paid more here made the decision easy for him.)

again he was a tool tool and was wrong but had nothing do with the Colts but everything do with security and his family. (Let’s Face it is there a more cushy job than Tom Brady OC??)

Exactly (according to him)!!! He hasn't really been vocal about his HC calls either, or maybe media has not prodded him enough. For Albert Breer to hint or suggest otherwise is what is evoking reactions, plain and simple. 

The first domino to fall - Packers' HC job, they probably liked what they saw and did not want to wait around like Ballard did, with Josh last year. Once the Browns' HC job is done, where he has not been named as a leading candidate or mentioned as having an official interview request, I doubt he would consider any other one.

Media makes up the story that he is more interested than he truly is this time around, and then has to turn around and shoot down their own fabrication, IMO. The only action on his part is turning down the Bengals' request. If he is indeed being paid HC money, they can just close the case shut, IMO, and not speculate on other reasons why he dissed the Colts. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Exactly (according to him)!!! He hasn't really been vocal about his HC calls either, or maybe media has not prodded him enough. For Albert Breer to hint or suggest otherwise is what is evoking reactions, plain and simple. 

The first domino to fall - Packers' HC job, they probably liked what they saw and did not want to wait around like Ballard did, with Josh last year. Once the Browns' HC job is done, where he has not been named as a leading candidate or mentioned as having an official interview request, I doubt he would consider any other one.

Media makes up the story that he is more interested than he truly is this time around, and then has to turn around and shoot down their own fabrication, IMO. The only action on his part is turning down the Bengals' request. If he is indeed being paid HC money, they can just close the case shut, IMO, and not speculate on other reasons why he dissed the Colts. 

Apparently it was GB or bust.

Good. Stay in NE.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He so dumb. He is going to inherit a rebuilding job in NE. Will lose a bunch of games and then get fired.

In other words (his) "I did not have as many choices as I thought I might have, but then I wasn't truly interested in most of the openings and you guys (media) bought my narrative that I floated through my insiders in order to just stay relevant, hook, line and sinker."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He so dumb. He is going to inherit a rebuilding job in NE. Will lose a bunch of games and then get fired.

He has denied he was offered the job after BB leaves.  I mean it isn’t against the rules to do it, I think the Colts did that with caldwell when he was under Dungy right?

i truly believe they just upped his salary and he decided to stay.  I don’t think the Colts had anything to do with Kraft upping his offer either, I think that had everything do with the issues going on all off season between Brady and BB.. (Kraft wanted make sure he had someone just in case BB suddenly “retired” or “resigned”. )

6 hours ago, JimJaime said:

McDaniels got cold feet and bailed. all the other excuses are nonsense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Apparently it was GB or bust.

Good. Stay in NE.

McDaniels closing the door on jobs he wasn't going to get. He couldn't even beat out LeFeur for the packers job lol.  Again, he has a good agent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

He has denied he was offered the job after BB leaves.  I mean it isn’t against the rules to do it, I think the Colts did that with caldwell when he was under Dungy right?

No, I think he has to deny it because of the Rooney rule. He can't just admit that he's been promised the job when New England hasn't yet interviewed a black HC. Caldwell is black, so it's a different set of circumstances.

My question is if they wanted to interview Kim Kardashian, does she count as black or white?

22 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't understand the reactions. 

What changed is that Kraft convinced him to stay at the last minute.  I assume that meant there was a conversation about Josh succeeding BB, without having a dominate GM looming over him (Josh's perspective here). 

So I don't understand why this is a story at this time, a surprise, or why it doesn't simply validate what most already thought happened.

Because it shows that he lied about his reasons for not taking the job last year.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yes.  He didn't say boo about "organizational structure" when he backed out last year.

If he would have said he refused the job at the end because of concerns over the organizational structure, I think the Colts and much of the NFL would have perceived that as a shot against Ballard and other teams similar to ours. 

He'd be chopping off opportunities down the road, so he says something personal that it gets him out of the job without calling out another team.

IIRC, the reports that Kraft intervened at the last moment came out pretty quickly, so I just figured there was some sort of professional conversation that influenced the decisions and not just a personal matter.  Just the way I took it.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If he would have said he refused the job at the end because of concerns over the organizational structure, I think the Colts and much of the NFL would have perceived that as a shot against Ballard and other teams similar to ours. 

He'd be chopping off opportunities down the road, so he says something personal that it gets him out of the job without calling out another team.

Ok, so why say it at all?  He could have stuck with the "family" line this year as well...

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ok, so why say it at all?  He could have stuck with the "family" line this year as well...

Because he's a petty goofball maybe?  Reports have surfaced that he has told teams he has finished interviewing, so maybe he is getting comfortable that he will succeed BB and doesn't care about the ramifications of what he says as it relates to employment opportunities.  

Being a petty goofball and indirectly criticizing the Colts or other teams after he gets what he wants seems like his style.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Because he's a petty goofball maybe?

Being a petty goofball and indirectly criticizing the Colts or other teams after he gets what he wants seems like his style.

"Goofball" is a much nicer term than what I would use to describe him.

He's a petty something, alright...

:censored:

• Like 1