Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Refs blew the call

CR91

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Im sorry guys. Im happy we won, but imo that was not a fumble. His knee was done before the ball came out

The ball looked to be "parallel " with his forearm before his knee hit the ground. I think they felt the laws of gravity would mean it was coming out. A bit of assumption but probably the right call.

• Like 1

Just now, dw49 said:

The ball looked to be "parallel " with his forearm before his knee hit the ground. I think they felt the laws of gravity would mean it was coming out. A bit of assumption but probably the right call.

Exactly.  Though you can’t really see the ball in and of itself moving at the moment his knee touched, it was CLEAR that he had no grasp on the ball, whatsoever.  Ergo, the ball is out of his control. 

• Like 1

IT was the right call.  There was an earlier angle that they didn't show much at the end (they were only showing the side angle and the back angle), but that earlier angle showed how the ball was coming out (sliding out) and then the back angle was the one that showed it coming out that the network and Gene Salvatore eluded to.  It was definitely a fumble and recovery by the Colts.  But Gene also saw (as did we all) the earlier angle of the ball coming out.  Keep in mind, this wasn't a high profile game and thus there were few camera angles...but even with that, we had all the umpires agreeing on this one...... great officiating. Three camera angles is all we needed.

It was close for sure, trying to look at this objectively though, it's hard for me to say that I would agree to the call if they said it WASN'T a fumble. He secured the ball, took a few steps, then you can clearly see the ball loose and up on his forearm before his knee hit the ground, as in, he lost control. 

5 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Would it have been a fumble if this was in the last minute of a playoff game?

Im not sure about that, but who cares, Colts won again :)

Next up... Titans who just smashed the Patriots :scratch:

Titans the type of team to beat NE and PHI, but then lose to Buffalo.

Which is literally exactly what they did haha 

They're extremely hot and cold, and right now, they're hot. I wager this is about to be the toughest game the Colts play this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, masterlock said:

The last replay angle showed he had already lost his grip on the ball, and therefore control of it, before the knee hit the ground. It only looks like he has control of the ball because it is moving freely, parallel to his right forearm.

Yep. It was definitely a fumble. Even Bill Cowher said it was, I haven't heard 1 person on TV that said it wasn't. 

Jeckle & Hyde game. First half Colts were shining then the second half they looked like the 2017 Colts. It was a fumble but the Colts should not ask for luck in the future. They got through this game by the skin on the butts.  The Titans are next and they crushed NE

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Agree.  The Colts stole one because they played not to lose on offense the whole second half.

Not sure about that.  The jags came out and chewed up a good chunk of the 3rd quarter. Then the colts kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and dropped passes.....one which caused a int.

either way, it was frustrating.

• Thanks 1