Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking: Jacoby Brissett named Starter

TKnight24

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, offensively I couldn't care less, defensively, It's a huge disappointment. We draft defensive players, and they don't even start the game. Gurley isn't exactly good either. Him with his YPC average will make the forum think our run defense is better than it is, and the same with David Johnson injured. We're lucky he's out, but when an RB worth his weight in salt like Leonard Fournette carries the ball 20+ times for 100+ yds and 2 tds Vs us, then we'll see that the run defense is just as bad as the pass defense. I think Simon is still ok, but so far we've literally hit on one new player (two if you count Mack), and that's not acceptable. We have to let our rookies play and see what happens. If they crash and burn, so be it, if they hit, then a position is filled for the forseeable future.

It's very common to ease rookies into the lineup.   Stop  overreacting 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

That "however unlikely" caveat is much, much larger than I'm guessing you're thinking it is..

And frankly another distraction and more media talking heads trying to speak into existence Luck leaving would not be my idea of a "good problem".

If that distraction is because the back up QB is playing so good, it is a good distraction. 

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

The fact that he's more athletic on his feet makes him better then Tolzien. When the pocket collapses, Brissett can escape. Tolzien had two left feet. There's NO WAY he can be any worse.

That is more of what I am thinking, especially after watching Watson play for the Texans.  Brissett can salvage plays with his feet and won't just sit back getting massacred behind this o-line.  That alone makes him a better choice, not to forgot he's actually won a game in the regular season.  

It's still going to be incredibly tough to beat Arizona, but this might actually make the game watchable. 

2 hours ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Yes!!!!!!!!! Love this! Tolzien should never be allowed to step on the field in a colts uniform ever again. He was always a backup at best, was never starting caliber.

We should be more competitive in this next game. Brissett has a much better arm, can push the ball down the field and can take the ball himself if needed.

Excited to see what he can do! Lets go JB!!! Lets go ColtsNation!!!!

i concur

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

If that distraction is because the back up QB is playing so good, it is a good distraction. 

Ok. I don't think distractions are good, because they're distractions, but enough of this sophistry...

What I really want to know is the crazy guy in your avatar giving me the bird or waving? 

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

As I have said before it appears ST is much better in the locker room/film room than SM 

And alert and knowledgeable in meetings, and/or have more command of the huddle,  possibly much better understanding of the whole playbook, etc...  so many items involved besides game day tape.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And alert and knowledgeable in meetings, and/or have more command of the huddle,  possibly much better understanding of the whole playbook, etc...  so many items involved besides game day tape.

Agreed

Film Study is always the biggest for me since that was one of my "jobs" as a player and coach

17 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

Film Study is always the biggest for me since that was one of my "jobs" as a player and coach

I would think that Andrew is better at anything Tolz can do except physically play at the present time.  The only thing I think Tolz is good for at this point is handing the ball off to someone.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ok. I don't think distractions are good, because they're distractions, but enough of this sophistry...

What I really want to know is the crazy guy in your avatar giving me the bird or waving? 

Ha ha.   You know, I never noticed that, but it kind of looks like he's flipping the bird.   I've used the same GIF on other forums and at times have been accused of being a little defensive.   I never thought I was, but perhaps this adds to it.   If someone comes in with 2 middle fingers blazing, I can see where they would seem a little defensive.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I would think that Andrew is better at anything Tolz can do except physically play at the present time.  The only thing I think Tolz is good for at this point is handing the ball off to someone.

Unless CB brings someone better in ST will have to stay on the roster until AL is back ready to play

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Unless CB brings someone better in ST will have to stay on the roster until AL is back ready to play

No argument from me on that point!  Clearly, at this point it could be Morris, but that ship appears to have sailed, so, unfortunately, we're stuck with Tolz.

Did we have a choice in naming Bissett this weeks starter? outside of my first 4 plus years in the Marines I had only missed 4 Colts games since 74, i'm glad i didn't miss last weeks at the Rams. Anyone could have told you with out a QB in the NFL it's never going to be a fun. I've heard all week about the OL and despite what everyone is saying they did fine until what QB they had got everyone so confused, and second guessing, here come injuries. If it is 2 games or six games without  Luck, with Tolzein we were going to be lucky to survive let alone win a game. We fell 9 spots in the power ranking after falling 6 6 in the pre-season. I've had some doubts about Ballard moving so many players around to begin with, changing the majority of a teams players and then even this week changing even more doesn't give me a lot of confidence to begin with. Regardless Tolzein was the primary reason for what we saw last Sun., I played one numbers game after another and subtracting 2 pick 6's, passing behind players, the wasted drives in the first quarter and TURNOVERS we made on DEF, and some lazy officiating by the second qt., We did learn a lot:. Mack should be our featured RB, not even T.Y. can catch a pass a yard behind him. You pull a panicked QB, don't plasy him till the game is out of sight and start anyone else you have even a QB with 1 week.on the team.

We didn't let Gurrly do much, the Rams passing yards were made in two drives and our team played a lot better on both sides of the ball until Tolzein blew an we missed an FG.

Bassically we had the wrong lineup and way to many substitutions to make it a game.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't think this would happen this week, but Tolzien was so bad it's hard to justify not making the move. I hope this winds up being true.

My team got beat pretty bad in our opening weekend.  At practice last night I said we'd be handing out new starting line-ups and one of the kids said, "The starters are changing?"  To which my response was, "Yup, you can't get whipped like we did and expect any starting job to be safe."

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't think this would happen this week, but Tolzien was so bad it's hard to justify not making the move. I hope this winds up being true.

There is also a report that he took all the reps this week with the 1's and did not split them with Tolzien.  Looks like it's full speed ahead with Brissett.  

6 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

My team got beat pretty bad in our opening weekend.  At practice last night I said we'd be handing out new starting line-ups and one of the kids said, "The starters are changing?"  To which my response was, "Yup, you can't get whipped like we did and expect any starting job to be safe."

I'd be more confident with you at the helm then our boy Chuck :D...

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

There is also a report that he took all the reps this week with the 1's and did not split them with Tolzien.  Looks like it's full speed ahead with Brissett.  

If true, I fully support it.  Actually, I HOPE this happened.  Give him as much time & reps to be successful as you can.  Tolz is a vet and can step in without any practice reps.

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

Ha ha.   You know, I never noticed that, but it kind of looks like he's flipping the bird.   I've used the same GIF on other forums and at times have been accused of being a little defensive.   I never thought I was, but perhaps this adds to it.   If someone comes in with 2 middle fingers blazing, I can see where they would seem a little defensive.

It's totally flipping the bird