Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was last week not so much of a big win?

indyagent17

You really needed a Tennessee win vs Green Bay to come to that conclusion?

The Packers have been unimpressive for some time now. A lot of people on this board knew that, but it was almost impossible to get through to all the Colts fans who were high on that "big time win against a quality team like the Packers".

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Tennessee is manhandling Green Bay right now so the question is that is Green Bay not as good as we thought they were?

They are who we thought they were.  Now,  do we want them to be more then they are and we think they aren't what we need them to be?  

This question is what this team needs to answer next week

6 hours ago, James said:

The Packers have been unimpressive for some time now. A lot of people on this board knew that, but it was almost impossible to get through to all the Colts fans who were high on that "big time win against a quality team like the Packers".

Peyton never win at Green bay

Last week was a big win in that it was a much needed one. Not sure how impressive it was though since they had to hold on to beat a subpar Green Bay while the Titans steamrolled that same team. This is some needed perspective to temper our expectations down the stretch. The Colts still have a long way to go before they can be considered a good football team.

6 hours ago, James said:

The Packers are pretty much the Colts of the NFC.  Struggling franchise QB with little else around him and a porous defense.  It's like looking in a mirror. 

Comparing our win to the Titans win is folly. Middle of the pack teams like ourselves and Tennessee are notorious for showing up and exploding every other week. 

The same Titans team could end up either scoring 50 on us, or only 6. The entire team from the defense to the QB is Jekyll and Hyde. 

That, is the definition of our entire division to be honest.

9 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The Packers are pretty much the Colts of the NFC.  Struggling franchise QB with little else around him and a porous defense.  It's like looking in a mirror. 

Once could even argue we might have a better roster

I'm not going to diminish our win at all.   We could have went up there and folded like the "Bad Team" people keep trying to say we are.  That's what a bad team does they fold when they need to get over the hump.   We didn't fold so it was a good win.

Anytime you win at Green Bay, it's a good win.  An NFL writer wrote an article before the Colts Packers game and said that the winner could change their season around and the loser would go down hill.  He could be right, all though the Colts still have work to do and the NFC North is pretty weak.  Minnesota isn't the same team, Chicago's out of it and Detroit's leading but not by much. 

Yes because of how the Colts played.  That looked like the team we expected to see this year.  Something we can't say about any other game this year, even the games they won.  

The Packers might not be great this year but it doesn't change the fact the Colts played well and gives us all a reason for hope going into the back half of the schedule.