Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat went a tad savage on twitter

twfish

I like him even more now, A bit overboard? Sure but its been a long season for everyone and he was just letting off some steam I think. Its the good and the bad of twitter. Athletes/stars being on twitter open themselves up to it especially during the season, Is it right? Of course not, People that harass Pat and other stars should be ashamed of the way they act but that's not being realistic, That will never happen.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No see my signature. Making the AFC Title Game is a great accomplishment. Actually the guy tweeting said AFC runnerup in the Division anyway which I think was a jab toward Pat.

I agree its an accomplishment. Just not 1 you should hang a banner to commemorate 

Good on him! Too many keyboard warriors out there.

we have played 8 games with a 40 year old backup QB and the last 4 games we have needed our 3rd string guy to step in at some point in the game.

Why can't they celebrate a win, especially when they know they let half time leads go the last 2 games against division rivals and pretty much ruined their play off chances?

Now this worries me. But not for an obvious reason.

This team has greatly underachieved. No one doubts that. That has led to plenty of criticism on Twitter all season. But yet this one in particular has provoked the adverse reaction that it did.

Why?

If I had to guess, I'd say it is the dig the original tweet took at Pagano. I'd be willing to bet money that is the root of this reaction by Pat.

I think the players genuinely LOVE Pagano. I've heard Pat himself go out of his way numerous times in the past to commend Pagano. I really do feel that Pagano has some deep roots in our locker room.

When he's gone, what are the ramifications of that inside the locker room?

Sorry for going off topic, but when I saw this last night the first thought in my mind was "If that guy had left out the 'crying coach' bit, Pat would have never responded to that" and that's got me to thinking about things beyond Twitter.

9 hours ago, twfish said:

http://dailysnark.com/colts-punter-pat-mcafee-roasts-fans-win/

Foul language. It's funny but I can see how people may take this negatively but I can't say I blame him

this is why the Boomstick is my fav player the Dude is funny & he just says it like it is  & joe & Trevor are losers in my book ,

This season has sucked for Players & fans no doubt yesterday the team did there best & won the game on the road after several big losses with Clipboard Jesus our 3'rd string QB a WIN is a WIN it was a hard fought game it showed the heart of our COLTS team to celebrate after so much adversity is what should happen they fought the odds & won How do you not celebrate , The AFC South is what it is the Colts have owned it many seasons this year the Texans took it stuff happens& changes need to be made , But

Our players have not given up on the season they showed that are they battered & beaten yes but this old dog is still scrappin ,

I want players who want to win & when they win I hope they celebrate how stupid would it be if they did'nt .

in my opinion the Boomstick was way to nice

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Gotta admit that I thought that comment about AFC South runner up banner was hilarious. And his best response was "eat %###".

Nothing wrong with him responding, but I'd expect something more creative from Pat.

It was apropos

Pat is old school...like Ray Guy.   Punt the ball 60+ yards, then go make a tackle.  

We beat a team with Clipboard Jesus as our QB.  Some guy I've never heard of was warming up to replace him.  Pat should be happy we won.  Joe should take out his frustrations some other way rather than starting something with one of the only bright spots on our team.