Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would it take to regain your confidence?

Flash7

It appears that we as fans may be losing confidence in our team. What would it take to regain your confidence in the Colts?

For me:

Week 3: Titans - I would like to see the Colts offense put 30+ points and the defense hold the Titans to 14 or less. Even still, it wouldn't restore my confidence. We need to show that we could beat a good team, and a team outside of the AFC South.

Week 4: Jaguars - 30+ points for offense, 14 or less points allowed. Still wouldn't make a difference- AFC South.

Week 5: Texans - 30+ points for offense,  14 or less points allowed. Still wouldn't make a difference- AFC South.

Week 6: Patriots - A win would completely restore my confidence. That's what it would take. 4 straight wins including a win against NE.

Really just a solid performance 2 or 3 weeks in a row!!

The defense would just need to improve pass coverage some! Run defense has been pretty good.

Offense needs to improve a ton. Less penalties would help and if Andrew could go a couple games without an interception that would help.

Win 2 of the next three games, with at least 20 points on offense in each game, paired with max 1 turnover a game. 

In addition, the bottom floor being that the Colts score at least 20 points against the Pats, in addition to them only losing by 10 or less, and show to actually be competitive in the game. 

Pardon the pro-wrestling references (I'm in pro-wrestling training after all) but the defense needs to go Legion of Doom on opposing teams, and the offense needs to channel their inner Macho Man Randy Savage and take opossing defenses to the danger zone, "ooooh yeah!" But seriously, play good football, beat the dog crap out of inferior teams, and play 60 minutes of football. This offense should put up 24 points a game minimum, it's worse than watching UVa play on Saturdays...at least the put up a fight agains Notre Dame.

I figured the media would be pouring it on. Expected it, it happened to the Pats last season after Tom lost 41-7 to the Chiefs and they were 2-2. I think we win the next 3 but beating the Pats is a different topic. We have to be on a roll to beat them. I am impressed with the Bills and Jets, that Division is great for a change.

It appears that we as fans may be losing confidence in our team. What would it take to regain your confidence in the Colts?

For me:

Week 3: Titans - I would like to see the Colts offense put 30+ points and the defense hold the Titans to 14 or less. Even still, it wouldn't restore my confidence. We need to show that we could beat a good team, and a team outside of the AFC South.

Week 4: Jaguars - 30+ points for offense, 14 or less points allowed. Still wouldn't make a difference- AFC South.

Week 5: Texans - 30+ points for offense,  14 or less points allowed. Still wouldn't make a difference- AFC South.

Week 6: Patriots - A win would completely restore my confidence. That's what it would take. 4 straight wins including a win against NE.

Basically what you just said, but before Week 3 rolls around Pep Hamilton being shown the door. Wishful thinking I know.

Fire Pep...let Chud call the O. Then we will know that Irsay is serious about starting corrections.

The absolute worst case would be Pagano and Chud leave and Pep stays...that would be time to forget about following the Colts for a year or so.

If they crap the bed against Tennessee something will have to be done.

There's no reason they shouldn't be able to drop 34+ in each of the next three games. That would put my mind slightly at ease.

As good as both the Bills and Jets defenses are, a lot of the Colts' offensive woes thus far are self-inflicted. I'm not sure this offense is capable of scoring in the 30s right now with Luck so befuddled and I have zero confidence in Pep helping him to get more comfortable (and we probably don't need to score that much in order to beat our fellow AFC South brethren....not that it makes me feel any better). Hope I am wrong.

5 hits or less average allowed on Luck per game over the next 14 games (Over the course of 16 games that's 80 hits...Not a lot and a big improvement from years past)

20 sacks or less

Taking away some of Lucks freedom to audible...He has not shown he is ready for that yet in my opinion

I'd like to see Pep work more up in the booth so he can look down on the action...Not necessary for me to gain more confidence but still It would give him a new and probably better perspective of how defenses are playing the offense so he could try to adjust accordingly

Throwing to our TE's more over the middle or just throwing more to them period regardless of who the TE's are

Being able to execute their Offense by using all their weapons at will. Establishing the ground game with Gore, and an air assault with precision passes to the Tight Ends AND receivers. The O-Line needs to prove themselves in order for this to come to fruition.

I agree with the post above that the plays called are critical when creating a rythym. And that too needs to be far more consistent. All I know is that the players seemed very dissapointed in themselves during their post-game interviews on the Mobile Colts App. I especially agreed with Dwayne Allen. "We're so much better than this!" He was clearly frustrated and you can tell he truly believes this..as do I.

I believe they will turn this ship around and get back on the right track. I'd like to see some mismatches too. Week 3, let's see what they fix..stay true to blue.

The great thing about the NFL is that you have teams at all levels of the spectrum from good to bad. Luckily, the next few weeks we have a chance to get back on track against 3 not so good opponents. I expect 3 wins. If we don't win the next three games, then I think something is wrong.....very, very wrong with the team.

To regain my confidence, it would take a win against a quality opponent. It happens to be that the next quality opponent we face are the Patriots. Therefore, a win against NE would restore my confidence.

Teams have been down before. Tom Brady's career looked over after getting murdered on MNF week 4 last year. Everyone thought Peyton was done after week 1. The Giants have gone on two miraculous postseason runs with below average records. Anything can happen, but the only way to gain confidence is:

Beat a team you are not supposed to beat. Don't lose to a team you are supposed to beat.

This happened ONCE last year against Denver in the playoffs. That's it.

We've faced two of the three toughest defenses on our schedule by the end of week 2 with a new personnel group so things can look up thanks to our horrible division.

We've beaten the Packers four games into Luck's career (less than 20 games post Rodgers superbowl). We've beaten three of the final four finishers in the regular season in Luck's second year, but lost to Bengals, Chargers, Cards, and not-good-at-the-time Rams when Reggie got injured (and of course NE). Last year we didn't beat ANYONE our pace or better (Steelers, Eagles, Broncos regular season, Cowboys, NE) until the playoffs. Our playoff wins are against two perrenial one and dones in Dalton and Manning, and a wild comeback against a team who lost their best player a quarter in (Charles). Twice we've lost to the SB winner, the other being a team we beat earlier that year.

BE CONSISTENT.

Week 6 get payback and shock the world, that turns the season around. Not stomping on bottom feeders.

Teams have been down before. Tom Brady's career looked over after getting murdered on MNF week 4 last year. Everyone thought Peyton was done after week 1. The Giants have gone on two miraculous postseason runs with below average records. Anything can happen, but the only way to gain confidence is:

Beat a team you are not supposed to beat. Don't lose to a team you are supposed to beat.

This happened ONCE last year against Denver in the playoffs. That's it.

We've faced two of the three toughest defenses on our schedule by the end of week 2 with a new personnel group so things can look up thanks to our horrible division.

We've beaten the Packers four games into Luck's career (less than 20 games post Rodgers superbowl). We've beaten three of the final four finishers in the regular season in Luck's second year, but lost to Bengals, Chargers, Cards, and not-good-at-the-time Rams when Reggie got injured (and of course NE). Last year we didn't beat ANYONE our pace or better (Steelers, Eagles, Broncos regular season, Cowboys, NE) until the playoffs. Our playoff wins are against two perrenial one and dones in Dalton and Manning, and a wild comeback against a team who lost their best player a quarter in (Charles). Twice we've lost to the SB winner, the other being a team we beat earlier that year.

BE CONSISTENT.

Week 6 get payback and shock the world, that turns the season around. Not stomping on bottom feeders.

We are consistent, we are the actual model of consistency, we are consistently bad against good teams (since 2013).

Really just a solid performance 2 or 3 weeks in a row!!

The defense would just need to improve pass coverage some! Run defense has been pretty good.

Offense needs to improve a ton. Less penalties would help and if Andrew could go a couple games without an interception that would help.

Agreed... I really think we need to go more no huddle on offence and play faster against D like we have faced the last two weeks.

Confidence in, such as, winning a Superbowl? Won't believe that until I see it. And isn't that the goal this year?

I believe this team is fatally flawed in it's construction. Therefore, a surprise win, here or there, is not going to lead me to believe we'll be hoisting the Lombardi at season's end.