Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would it take to regain your confidence?

Flash7

I've galoupped replies through quickly:

Slaughtering NE: dude put down booze/pot. I'd be glad if Colts were competitive aginst them.

Putting 50 burger on Titans: considering Pagano's attitude we likely would stop around 40 by sending 2nd stringers in.

I'd regain my confidence if we'd show dominance against AFCS teams and competitiveness vs. good teams.

I said it last year and I'll say it again, " Build the team to beat the patriots and we can win the Superbowl !"

Evidently, that fell on deaf ears.

Here is one for this year. Make the other team pay when they blitz and for gods sake give Andrew enough time to make the play whatever that might be. No quarterback can play laying on the ground for the entire game. We evidently have no game plan for blitzing teams. Stop or slow the damn blitzs and we'll start wining again.

I said it last year and I'll say it again, " Build the team to beat the patriots and we can win the Superbowl !"

Evidently, that fell on deaf ears.

Here is one for this year. Make the other team pay when they blitz and for gods sake give Andrew enough time to make the play whatever that might be. No quarterback can play laying on the ground for the entire game. We evidently have no game plan for blitzing teams. Stop or slow the damn blitzs and we'll start wining again.

I like the strategy of throwing hot into the only defended part of the field in a zone blitz

3 wins in a row to put us over .500, offensive chemistry gets progressively better each week. Amount of points shouldn't be something we focus on, as "a win is a win," but I would like to see points start to come in bunches. At least 21 per game vs AFC South squads in the next 3 weeks would make me feel like they're trending in the right direction. 

Honestly, Health in our secondary.  We need Toler and Butler back together..and badly. Then i will feel better about our defense than i ever had before -player wise-

Replacing Louis.

Pep to call more screens, delayed trap runs and TE plays vrs the blitz.

And Luck to calm down and play smarter rather than forcing issues.

Winning would be nice, but if most of the above happened, I think we play better and at least be in games.

Simple.  If we impose our will whenever we want to.  I think that's a good barometer for when we play NE.  I really don't want to see trick plays to the tackle or double reverses (although I secretly do want to see that).  I want them to KNOW that they put the pieces together and BELIEVE they can play with anybody.

This offense needs to get in a rhythm, and fast.  They need to be humming on all cylinders by week 6.  If NE can drop 40 on the Bills D, they will very likely drop 40+ on our D, and with the whole off season fiasco this team will be looking to come in and kick the snot out of the Colts on national TV.  We just need to see if our O can keep us in the game.

All 3 division games are must have, and at the very least a respectable showing against NE (which is something they haven't been able to do) will start to restore a little bit of confidence.  Unfortunately, I have a horrible feeling  that we are going to be on the wrong side of .500 after week 6, which is never a good place to find yourself.  I hope that I am wrong.