Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton seeking a whopping 14m per year. Per B/R

12isthenew18

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good kid and every team needs a field stretcher.
Moncrief, Dorsett, and Fleener can also do that. We are fortunate that way.
TY has played for peanuts so NOW is the time to get what the market will bear. lol
 I heard we had a GREAT QB who will only get better. I vote Depth. Now if he could block...

I think his negotiating tactic is already working. Just a month ago, some on the board were thinking that $12M per year was too high. Now that T.Y. wants $14M per year, we're asking him to accept $12M or in that ballpark.

Jason Cole isn't a good source.

Drew Rosenhaus is an agent who works to get the most he can for his clients. Just like Dez and DT were "reportedly" looking for > $16m/year, and wound up taking $14m/year. That's how contract negotiations work.

Since the Dez/DT contracts, I've been saying the market for Hilton is somewhere around $13m/year. I put up a proposal for an extension a few weeks ago that averaged $13m/year in new money. Them asking for $14m/year -- if that's accurate -- isn't surprising to me, but I don't think the Colts will give him that.

He hasn't done nearly enough to get 8 mil a year let alone 14.

He is a great receiver but he is not worth breaking the bank, I hope he and his agent come to their senses this next offseason

8? He'll sign for waaaay more than 8.

I'd be happy if we can get him for 12

Makes that Dorsett pick look even better.  

Let's make sure that guy Dorsett can ball before we put the cart before the horse :).

This is a case of T.Y.Hilton's contract being done a year before Andrew's is and if the cap does go up, the Colts ponying up $12-13 mil./year to get him locked down might look better long term. You just have to hope T.Y. doesn't go Andre Johnson or Antonio Brown on the team after signing the original extension asking for more later.

I still think the Colts get the extension done before the season ends for sure.