Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton seeking a whopping 14m per year. Per B/R

12isthenew18

I'd really just rather see what we have in some of the younger guys this season before throwing $14 mil at T.Y. What if it turns out we've hit on Dorsett, Moncrief learns to hands catch more, and Carter is even just a poor man's version of his father? If we played through this year and all 3 of those guys looked like they had what it takes to be stars or even just plus players, I think I'd rather allocate that 14 mil towards adding players on the O-line and/or defense (as well as signing some of our own guys up for new contracts of course). Then again if the young WRs are still question marks at the end of the season, better lock up T.Y.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade him! There is only one position on the team worth that kind of money... QB  .... and there are only about 6 of these league wide. Tons of receivers out there, veteran, rookie, drafted, undrafted that can produce 1000 yard seasons with any of these QB's. The way the league is going with concussion preventing rules contact will be a thing of the past. In the not too distant future you will be watching arena football on an NFL size field. It will be all passing and 100+ point scoring will be common place. Much like what you see in our practices. Every receiver will produce 1000+ yards as anyone can do that when 300 balls are thrown their way. In the meantime send TY to a team with a * QB and * line for a reality check. He will be back begging for his job. 

AJ Green won't reach free agency, and if he did, he would cost more than $12m/year.

I feel he wants out of Cincy.  I know it was just a probowl game but he and Luck have some serious natural chemistry.  I could see AJ Green being a Colt next year.    :)

lmao AJ is gonna get A LOT more than that

The top WRs (Calvin, DT, Dez) in the league are being paid between 14-17 mil a year.  Why would AJ Green cost WAY more than 12 mil a year??  If you think he will cost about 14-15 mil a year, I don't really consider that WAY more.   

I  would rather pay AJ Green 14 mil a year than TY 14 mil a year.  I'd rather pay AJ Green 16 mil a year than pay TY 14 mil a year...  my point is valid

I feel he wants out of Cincy.  I know it was just a probowl game but he and Luck have some serious natural chemistry.  I could see AJ Green being a Colt next year.    :)

The top WRs (Calvin, DT, Dez) in the league are being paid between 14-17 mil a year.  Why would AJ Green cost WAY more than 12 mil a year??  If you think he will cost about 14-15 mil a year, I don't really consider that WAY more.   

I  would rather pay AJ Green 14 mil a year than TY 14 mil a year.  I'd rather pay AJ Green 16 mil a year than pay TY 14 mil a year...  my point is valid

AJ Green isn't going anywhere.

AJ Green isn't going anywhere.

He could get whatever $ Cincy offers him or more in FA and get to go to a team with a real QB and a shot at a SB.  He will end up leaving to try to get a SB somewhere else (like Andre Johnson) eventually.  Why wouldnt he be considering wanting out of Cincy after this season??

He could get whatever $ Cincy offers him or more in FA and get to go to a team with a real QB and a shot at a SB.  He will end up leaving to try to get a SB somewhere else (like Andre Johnson) eventually.  Why wouldnt he be considering wanting out of Cincy after this season??

Franchise tag.

I'm not arguing whether he might want out, although I think I could. There's been no indication that he wants out, and that sounds like something you've come up with on your own (unless he's said something to the contrary, in which case I'll wait for a link or something). 

In the meantime, this is what AJ Green said, after the Dez/DT contracts were done: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503732/article/aj-green-on-contract-extension-my-time-is-coming

"Cincinnati is a great place. We're a great team that can be good for a long time. We got a lot of young talent. It would be great to stay there, I want to stay there. I think they're going to get something done."

And if he doesn't want to be there, I'd like to see how long a potential holdout would last. They'll certainly tag him if he hasn't signed a long term deal by March, and that will be worth something like $14m. 

If the Bengals go brain dead and choose not to tag him after 2015, then sure, he could get more money by playing the market. But I don't think the Bengals will let that happen. Which is why I said that he's not going anywhere. He's their best player, the market has been set, and they are going to do whatever they can to hold on to him. The Cowboys and Broncos set the precedent very clearly this offseason. No reason to think the Bengals would do anything differently.

Franchise tag.

I'm not arguing whether he might want out, although I think I could. There's been no indication that he wants out, and that sounds like something you've come up with on your own (unless he's said something to the contrary, in which case I'll wait for a link or something). 

In the meantime, this is what AJ Green said, after the Dez/DT contracts were done: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503732/article/aj-green-on-contract-extension-my-time-is-coming

"Cincinnati is a great place. We're a great team that can be good for a long time. We got a lot of young talent. It would be great to stay there, I want to stay there. I think they're going to get something done."

And if he doesn't want to be there, I'd like to see how long a potential holdout would last. They'll certainly tag him if he hasn't signed a long term deal by March, and that will be worth something like $14m. 

If the Bengals go brain dead and choose not to tag him after 2015, then sure, he could get more money by playing the market. But I don't think the Bengals will let that happen. Which is why I said that he's not going anywhere. He's their best player, the market has been set, and they are going to do whatever they can to hold on to him. The Cowboys and Broncos set the precedent very clearly this offseason. No reason to think the Bengals would do anything differently.

I kinda overlooked the whole franchise tag aspect.  

Franchise tag on a WR is only 14 mil??  Colts might as well just tag Hilton rather than lock into paying him 14 mil a year on a long term deal...

I definitely came up with it on my own lol.  I just put myself in his spot and I would want to go somewhere else.  He would get MORE money and could pick a contender.   but I fully see your point on them tagging him.  Good stuff, thanks

Gavin

Gavin
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

I think his contract is around $13,000,000.00 x 5 years= $65,000,000.00 with $32,000,000.00 guaranteed with the $33,000,000 achieved through incentives (example x number of TD's achieved. x number of 100 yard games achieved a year)

Well Ill be.....who knew

Gavin

Gavin
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

I think his contract is around $13,000,000.00 x 5 years= $65,000,000.00 with $32,000,000.00 guaranteed with the $33,000,000 achieved through incentives (example x number of TD's achieved. x number of 100 yard games achieved a year)

Well Ill be.....who knew

I don't think there will be significant incentives, but yeah, you had the years and total right.