Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson rumors, link to Colts (merge)

bap1331

You said the only thing from the Matrix you care about is Carrie Ann Moss. Why would I waste me advanced analytics on you?

Also, I hope you don't think that fantasy football chart is advanced analytics.

I was actually complementing you on your use of Analytics. Im not sure how you took it but it was a complement.

As for the whole Matrix thing, that's called a joke. I liked the "Woman in the Red Dress" much better.

"Advanced Analytics" could have been substituted with "In-depth observation" when I replied to you so yeah, there is that.

And no, the chart just answered the proposed question.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested is a relative term. How interested is very important. I imagine we would somewhat interested but that would change depending on what Minnesota was asking in return. I can't see this happening. I would think the chance of Minnesota cutting him would be a much greater likelihood and even that probably not happening. A team like Oakland would make more sense from a money stand point with the needs we have and the guys we will try to extend. As a football player there is no doubt this guy is in a class of his own. As a man he needs a lot of help. Be interested in seeing where this goes.

I don't think there's anything to this, personally. How would his dad know that anyone was interested in trading for him? 

It means exactly what i thought it meant as it answered the question that was proposed to me. But, i will thank you for the advanced analytics which you seem to be so adept at using.

So you meant for it to show how rare it is for a running back to have sustained success past 30?? I mean that was the whole gist of the article after all....

By your application of criteria I could argue that if we discount all non German players In the league and any called Sebastian we might have a case for Werner being the best player. That's my view and its right, reality be dammed.

See we can all be hyperbolically lubricious :P

I was actually complementing you on your use of Analytics. Im not sure how you took it but it was a complement.

As for the whole Matrix thing, that's called a joke. I liked the "Woman in the Red Dress" much better.

"Advanced Analytics" could have been substituted with "In-depth observation" when I replied to you so yeah, there is that.

And no, the chart just answered the proposed question.

Cool deal. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just don't think it's a good gamble for our team, for all the reasons I listed earlier.

Just wondering with Dallas not have the cap room for Murray , how can he be rumored going there. I've seen this before and I think it makes no sense and is far fetched. AZ is also tight on the cap but they maybe can make room by tweaking a few more contracts. I've read nothing that says Peterson is willing to  play for peanuts if traded to a contender or his favorite team ... the Cowboys.

Not even an orange peanut?

post-1469-0-00591200-1424985673_thumb.jp

Cool deal. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just don't think it's a good gamble for our team, for all the reasons I listed earlier.

I love my Colts as Im sure almost everyone on the forum does too. One of the reasons I like Grigson so much is because he seems to be willing to take certain risks in order to succeed. Peterson is a risk I think he'd take given the chance.

I feel a sense of accomplishment from our little back and forth. Thanks for your time.

Its crazy that Adrian Peterson is so undervalued around this forum. He is without a doubt the single best player in the NFL and he's coming off an entire season of rest without injuries. He's a generational player in the midst of his prime. You wanna get past New England, well here's the single most capable player to help this team do that.  If AP is on the block, Ryan Grigson better be on the hunt, period!

farm_for_sale.jpg

He's not in the middle of his prime.     Prime is the mid to late 20's.

AP is already 30.

Also,   running backs have a bad tendency to age fast.    Very fast.    

So,  one season your good.      The next season your below average.    The year after that you're on another team....

Peterson has a lot of miles on him.   

It's all about the price.     The cost to acquire him and the cost to pay him.

Odds are this goes no where....

False. Anyone not named Richardson averaged ~4YPC behind said line and Peterson is still a top 3-4 back.

And who refers to him as AP2k anyway? That's just lazy after CJ2k. AD doesn't need the 2k to remind people he was once good, as Johnson does.

No running back we had that was used as a main back had 4 ypc. I assume that's why you used the "~". I think the best we had was 1 year from ballard and 1 from brown at 3.8

That's with different lines tho.

No running back we had that was used as a main back had 4 ypc. I assume that's why you used the "~". I think the best we had was 1 year from ballard and 1 from brown at 3.8

That's with different lines tho.

Adrian Peterson is Adrian Peterson, though. The guy can always make a whole lot out of nothing.

Can't believe so many are against AP doesn't really make any sense. AP and a few defensive studs looks like 1st round bye and road to the super bowl goes thru Indy automatically barring any significant injuries.

To me this guy has so much left in the tank definitely a one of kind back. Everybody wants to down him for disciplining his child wow I've had it worst growing up.

But you all forget that he was that same guy who came back early from a late season knee injury to almost break the rushing record for a single season and has never tested positive for PEDs you guys need to get real.

Im all for AP if we can get him on a better deal would instantly make us super bowl favorites with a few reinforcements on D.

Why is his dad all up in his business all the freakin time???

No joke, I have seen numerous articles and reports that have his dad chiming in on stuff that doesn't make sense to me.

THIS JUST IN!

AP's dad says that the reason his son is so light on his feet is because he farts helium.

:76devil: Let the rumors begin... :76devil:

its hard to imagine a player for player trade here.  we arnt really deep enough at any position to trade away good players.  a trade for draft picks would be interesting, but we cant give away all of our top picks.

i wonder if a second and third this year, plus a future second or third would be enough

From your link:

As you can see from the above, since 1990, there have been only 27 times in which a running back who was 30+ years old broke the 1,000 yard milestone with only 3 of those rushing seasons breaking the 1,500 rushing yards barrier.

And out of those 27 times, none of them were anymore recent than 2009. 17 of them were more before 2005, at least ten years old. 

a good argument against bringing him in for sure.  still, if anyone can buck the trend its AP.  he may have another 3-4 years left.

it would put us in win now mode, but it might be enough to make us a super bowl team if he can return to form

I don't see any team trading for him with that cap hit. I hope they just release him, then I hope we sign him. But I really hope Grigson wouldn't consider trading for him in the current situation.

we have that money to spend though and could cut him after a year with no penalty.  it would still leave us with quite a bit of money even after signing him this year.

cheaper would be better, but there would be a bidding war if he's released

I'd love to see Peterson with a horseshoe on his helmet but realistically it will cost way too much both in salary and trade value. It's going to cost a first rounder and I don't see us doing that, nor should we.

Nah, there's no way he would command a first round price. You can't get a 1st rounder for a 30-yr old HB with the media attention that comes with him.

Ya'll are trippin and its not even funny.

You know what, Im just gonna drop this whole convo especially since Superman just named Sheldon Richardson and Justin Houston as better players than AP. They arent even the best players on their side of the ball. Neither is Antonio Brown. Watt and Megatron are arguable but beyond that, no one else.

I dont even know if its a real possibility that he can be had but the disrespect is just too real. I hope AP lands on our schedule and punishes us mercilessly.

So Johnson and Watt are arguable for better player but Brown, the guy who has been carrying his team for 4 years now with no other receiver or RB until this past year and leading the NFL in various categories each year isn't?

I mean cmon I like Peterson and think he is a special back, but it's been 2 years since he can even claim he was the best RB....

Name a better player. Oh, and if you say a QB then that automatically disqualifies you.

How about I list all the guys I would rather have in the 'shoe than AP at age 30.

Rob Gronkowski

Calvin Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Le'Veon Bell (2100 yards from scrimmage last year)

Eddie Lacy

Marshawn Lynch

Odell Beckham Jr (tentatively due to being a rookie)

If we're also including defenders 

JJ Watt

Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor

Luke Keuchly 

Darrelle Revis

Ndamukong Suh

Jurrel Casey

C.J. Mosely

All of these guys have game breaking ability. Don't act like AP is going to be some godlike Barry Sanders reincarnate after being out for a year. He's 30 years old and about 3 years past his prime. Sorry man, no chance.

I love AP. I think he's (still) the best RB in the NFL. I'd LOVE for him to be on the Colts! However, with his current contract I would not trade for him, unless the Viking eat a great deal of that contract.

If he's released by the Vikings, then I'd love the Colts to go after him, but I don't want them to over pay. I doubt very much that getting AP happens, though I hope so.

No team is dumb enough to trade for him and take that salary cap hit. Peterson is a relic of the past in the sense that RB's don't get big contracts anymore. Only reason he got that type of money in the 1st place is because he was the best player on the Vikings. That ladies and gentleman is why you always get a franchise QB; it prevents you from having to over pay for players at other positions. The Packers have the right idea which is why they'll let Cobb walk.

AP is a Hall of Famer for sure, but no RB should make $13-15 million dollars a year.