Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson rumors, link to Colts (merge)

bap1331

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's due $28m over the next two years, I'd extend him for 2 more, give him $8m SB, and a P5 base of $5m over the next 4 years. I'd guarantee the first year and the second if he's still on the roster by the beginning of next year. That's a day 1 guarantee of $13m that you can cut bait after year 1 and only have a $3m dead cap hit each of the next two years. Agent can say he got his client the full $13m he's set to earn from the vikes this year.

I'd flip our 1st for him and their 2nd.

No running back we had that was used as a main back had 4 ypc. I assume that's why you used the "~". I think the best we had was 1 year from ballard and 1 from brown at 3.8

That's with different lines tho.

Ahmad Bradshaw was our main back before injury and everyone was aware of it. At the very least he and Trent were equal parts main backs in a tandem. Bradshaw was averaging 4.7 YPC on the year. 

And Boom was our main back at the end of the year and through the playoffs and averaged about 4.5 YPC, if I'm not mistaken. 

So, yeah, I think it's a complete joke to imply AD would be just like Richardson behind the Colts line.

Ahmad Bradshaw was our main back before injury and everyone was aware of it. At the very least he and Trent were equal parts main backs in a tandem. Bradshaw was averaging 4.7 YPC on the year.

And Boom was our main back at the end of the year and through the playoffs and averaged about 4.5 YPC if I'm not mistaken.

So, yeah, I think it's a complete joke to imply AD would be just like Richardson behind the Colts line.

They were not used in a typical RB fashion like trent was and you know it. Mostly lined up in passing formations.

And ran for 2000 yards after that injury lol.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't want him because of that cap hit.

For every year that passes by for an NFL running back, it's like 2 to 3 for many other positions.  Granted, he's only lately been wearing out his hands and not his legs.

I remember when the Pacers traded for the Philly guys and everyone thought that sealed the deal for an NBA championship.  All it did was rip the team up and they never played as well again.  I have the same vibe about this.  We're not 1 power running back away from a Super Bowl.  We got blown out twice last year by our nemesis.  We weren't 1 player away.  Or even an offense or defense or special teams performance away.  It was all phases.  Peterson would be divisive in the community and in the team at that amount of money and his history.  A high draft pick on top of it?  No friggin way.  Hopefully they've learned from T Rich.  

Also, since when does a player get to choose where he's getting traded to, unless he's giving up a lot for the power to choose.  If it is full pay, someone like the Raiders with giant money they MUST spend, or even New England who is under the mandatory spend amount (not sure how they spend the money and stay under the cap at the same time, perhaps someone else here knows) but there's several teams with plenty of money to throw at AP.  I hope we're not one of them.  

I remember when the Pacers traded for the Philly guys and everyone thought that sealed the deal for an NBA championship.  All it did was rip the team up and they never played as well again.  I have the same vibe about this.  We're not 1 power running back away from a Super Bowl.  We got blown out twice last year by our nemesis.  We weren't 1 player away.  Or even an offense or defense or special teams performance away.  It was all phases.  Peterson would be divisive in the community and in the team at that amount of money and his history.  A high draft pick on top of it?  No friggin way.  Hopefully they've learned from T Rich.  

Also, since when does a player get to choose where he's getting traded to, unless he's giving up a lot for the power to choose.  If it is full pay, someone like the Raiders with giant money they MUST spend, or even New England who is under the mandatory spend amount (not sure how they spend the money and stay under the cap at the same time, perhaps someone else here knows) but there's several teams with plenty of money to throw at AP.  I hope we're not one of them.  

Never thought I'd see Adrian Peterson compared to Evan Turner.

I'd consider that a positive. He should be fresh with a years rest for his body. And I highly doubt he was sitting around watching Desperate Housewives reruns and eating cheeseburgers the whole year.

Reports are he has been working out twice a day the whole time he has been away

And to clarify, I'm not saying trent was good or defending him. Just that there were differences in how they were used. Our run blocking being good was few and far between.

Bradshaw was used no differently than Richardson, he was just 1000x more effective at everything he did.

You're using Richardson's terrible performance with the Colts as your reasoning for why one of the best backs in NFL history wouldn't be able to run at all with the Colts, even when there's evidence of lesser backs than AD being successful. So I'd say it seems a little like you're defending Richardson.

Bradshaw was used no differently than Richardson, he was just 1000x more effective at everything he did.

How often was trent used in catching passes?  Bradshaw was used a ton more, therefore it changed the dynamic in how the teams defended.  And from what i can remember, trent was used much more often to run between the tackles while bradshaw was not.

How often was trent used in catching passes? Bradshaw was used a ton more, therefore it changed the dynamic in how the teams defended. And from what i can remember, trent was used much more often to run between the tackles while bradshaw was not.

Like I said, Bradshaw did everything more effectively than Trent, including being more dynamic as a pass catcher.

As for changing how defenses defend, defenses tend to focus more on the run when the back who can actually do damage is in. Do you think defenses focused more on the run when AD was in the game or when Toby Gerhart was in?

1. Who, outside of QB, is better?

2. Adrian Pereterson isnt your everyday "30 year old running back". and the fact that he has missed an entire year of punishment to his body while being able to stay in shape is a godsend for a "30 year old running back".

3. How can you combat AP while using him as an example of being an exception to the rule? That's a contradiction in and of itself. And the only thing I really cared about in the Matrix was Carrie-Anne Moss.

4. The Vikings O-line, QB play, coaching or defense has never been dominant and yet AP still shines? I wonder why that is? Because he's Great, not just good but Great. If AP Lands in Indy our offense has unstoppable written all over it. Adding him alone could turn the tide of the entire AFC with us being the lead dog. The threat of AP behind Luck makes Luck that much more dangerous. How difficult is that to see? There will be plenty of money left over to address the defense as well. Getting AP would automatically give us the best off-season of any team in he NFL. 

would only need a flexable not bend defense with both of them

Ya'll are trippin and its not even funny.

You know what, Im just gonna drop this whole convo especially since Superman just named Sheldon Richardson and Justin Houston as better players than AP. They arent even the best players on their side of the ball. Neither is Antonio Brown. Watt and Megatron are arguable but beyond that, no one else.

I dont even know if its a real possibility that he can be had but the disrespect is just too real. I hope AP lands on our schedule and punishes us mercilessly.

last year megatron sucked , showing his age.

Peterson made one mistake..he deserves a second chance..he's only 29 if I'm not mistaken. Not even 30 yet, have shown no signs of slowing down anytime soon before he was suspended .So that "age" thing that some of you bring up, you can get off it. Was nobody complaining about his age before the incident. He's well rested after playing only half of season. Why would you not want Peterson on your team??? Maybe aside from his contract.

One mistake? From what I understand , he beat his son frequently. Suspended once .

One mistake? From what I understand , he beat his son frequently. Suspended once .

if you use the word beat, it sounds bad. if you use the word discipline, it sounds like something that used to happen all the time and no one batted an eye.  

i think he went too far, but 20 years ago this was common.

if you use the word beat, it sounds bad. if you use the word discipline, it sounds like something that used to happen all the time and no one batted an eye.

i think he went too far, but 20 years ago this was common.

20 years ago people would still go to jail for leaving switch bruises and cuts on their children.

40 years ago, you're right.

Doesn't justify it whatsoever. Colt fans have used the adjective "classy" to describe their team for years . Throw that term out if Peterson is picked up.

20 years ago people would still go to jail for leaving switch bruises and cuts on their children.

40 years ago, you're right.

Doesn't justify it whatsoever. Colt fans have used the adjective "classy" to describe their team for years . Throw that term out if Peterson is picked up.

you haven't spent much time in the south I see