Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will this board ever be happy?

coltsfanmilyman

It seems to me that even after such a dominate game today people are still trying to nit-pick at EVERYTHING!  If its not Pep's playcalling, its Walden being over-paid and letting Gore loose, to Irsay and his tweeting.  

Can we come together as colts fans and realize that this team was awesome today!  The players seemed really happy with the win as well as the coaching staff, so shouldn't that be a sign to you negative naysayers that its okay to be just a little bit happy?

I know the game wasn't perfect and we left points on the board (cough cough AV) but WHO CARES, WE WON.

I figured the board would be excited but all i'm seeing is what didn't happen, what about what did happen

We are 2-1 and tied for 1st in the division.  

GO COLTS

A simple request for this topic, if your going to post something in this thread, would you please make it positive?  Then after all the positives, lets look at the few negatives and I mean few

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no. Many fans come here to vent negatives. It is in their personalities. Just remember.....They do not feel the exhilaration that comes from believing when no one else did. I do because I predicted a win. I hope you did as well. Let them experience the watered down positive that comes from doubting until proven better. They are not wrong, you are not wrong, I am not wrong.....but I'll take the feeling I have right now any day.

Absolute bliss.

For some no they wont be. 

Some try way too hard to think like coaches and think they need to always find a problem and be upset about that problem and then say they are just not kissing the Colts backsides.  Sorry when the Colts play like they did today it's not kissing their backsides to say they played great.  It's telling the truth. 

I also think some like to try to out think the room on everything.  They want to have a different and a contrary opinion to everyone else. 

Some always want to nit pick and be upset.  That's up to them.  All we can do is try not to let it ruin the fun for those of us that aren't upset.  There is nothing wrong with being a fan and enjoying the win today and being proud of how this team played today. 

It's a forum, so of course people will make comments that are disparaging, but there are also plenty of comments that are positive. it's natural for the negative topics to stand out because those ignite the most debate and are great conversational pieces.

You're also assuming everyone who comes in here are Colts fans. Some are even Pats fans, but it's alright not to notice, because the Pats suck. I can say that because this is a Colts forum. I'd imagine a Pats fan will now berate me for my comment, to which he and I will get into a long argument over each other's differences which will drive the traffic of this topic. At the end of the day though, we're all people - we laugh together, cry together, and one day we may even drink together. Pats fans just drink more than we do.

No. We could win the Super Bowl this coming February and we would have threads called "Yeah we won the Super Bowl but Pep called an awful game, we got lucky" and "Trent Richardson did great in the postseason but still wish we had that first round pick this year even though it is pick 32."

I don't think you should confuse nitpicking and not being happy.  Frankly, I was nitpicking the entire game (my nature :scratch:), but I was also happy and thrilled how they played overall and very happy they won!  However, I certainly wouldn't go trolling and be contrary just for the heck of it (and yes, many fans do just that).  But what are you going to do?  It's a public board.....

One thing I was nitpicking on in the second half was taking a shot, we were running so well I was just begging for a play action shot deep. Never got it but I wasn't complaining because we were still moving the chains, then Luck hits them with a bootleg once we got inside the 10yard line which was great too.

When a section of a public area is dedicated for people to voice their opinions, the public certainly have the ability to exercise of doing exactly so. That being said, I'm going to exercise my right of voicing my opinions even louder, and letting actions remain louder than words. I will not lose faith because of a dropped pass or a missed tackle. If the pessimistic so-called "fans" want to whine about how we should fire half of our coaching staff or that every free agent signing was a bust then let them. We know who's right, and it'll be proved in the end. Remain COLTSTRONG, fans.

It seems to me that even after such a dominate game today people are still trying to nit-pick at EVERYTHING!  If its not Pep's playcalling, its Walden being over-paid and letting Gore loose, to Irsay and his tweeting.  

Can we come together as colts fans and realize that this team was awesome today!  The players seemed really happy with the win as well as the coaching staff, so shouldn't that be a sign to you negative naysayers that its okay to be just a little bit happy?

I know the game wasn't perfect and we left points on the board (cough cough AV) but WHO CARES, WE WON.

I figured the board would be excited but all i'm seeing is what didn't happen, what about what did happen

We are 2-1 and tied for 1st in the division.  

GO COLTS

A simple request for this topic, if your going to post something in this thread, would you please make it positive?  Then after all the positives, lets look at the few negatives and I mean few

Man, you are waaaay off base.  That game WAS perfect!

(Good post)

I don't know about others but I'm EXTREMELY SATISFIED with that Win yesterday. That was the 1st :coltslogo: game of this season I was able to get on TV here in Virginia

And now because of all that excitement, I'm suffering the effects of an major apple juice hangover. Motts makes some of the best apple juice ever!

Of course not because everyone has different opinions on things and thank god they do because this message board would be boring if everyone was just running around talking about how great the Colts were and how everyone on the team is great.

It is just the nature of the internet and message boards.  If you want to frequent a message board you best just get use to it.

I am more than  happy with the Win. :cheer:

Can't be bothered by those that aren't.   Those that continue to be negative, will never be happy with anything or anyone.    They Should try to  Just Smile...  :)  it's amazing what it does for your mood.

POSITIVE > negative  Every time.    Go COLTS..!!!!!

I don't know, will there ever be world peace?

I just wonder why people keep creating threads directed at those who disagree with them and board differences continues to be brought up as a discussion topic

I'm happy for the W and was pulling for the colts. I'm fine with people who were concerned. Their concerns were discussion topics and that's what the board is for

And yes, fans will continue to discuss what they'd like to see because this is a discussion board and that's what it's for

:dunno:  :argue:

My biggest problem with people on this forum is the constant need to always be positive. Constructive criticism is good! Just because you win doesn't mean you still can't improve. When you have 11 guys on the field you can still win with one of them sucking. Next time the other ot 10 might not be able to pick up the slack and you loose. Do you seriously think coaches overlook things like that just because they won?

My biggest problem with people on this forum is the constant need to always be positive. Constructive criticism is good! Just because you win doesn't mean you still can't improve. When you have 11 guys on the field you can still win with one of them sucking. Next time the other ot 10 might not be able to pick up the slack and you loose. Do you seriously think coaches overlook things like that just because they won?

that's just some people

Others are always negative and most of us are in between

Although I must say, I seriously questioned my husbands choice of game day wear.  He wore a Harbaugh jersey!

#NOTCOOL

Colts fans are happy and they should be. It's not a championship caliber team but they're competitive and improving.

Just beat the unanimous best team in the league going into the season.

Sorry we can't prove our championship pedigree by beating the vaunted Jet, Bucs, and Bills.

Though given your "analysis" before the Niners game I'll take your comments with a grain of salt. You find a new house yet? :)

that's just some people

Others are always negative and most of us are in between

Although I must say, I seriously questioned my husbands choice of game day wear.  He wore a Harbaugh jersey!

#NOTCOOL

This Niners thing is just temporary.  Harbaugh is always a Colt.