Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will this board ever be happy?

coltsfanmilyman

My biggest problem with people on this forum is the constant need to always be positive. Constructive criticism is good! Just because you win doesn't mean you still can't improve. When you have 11 guys on the field you can still win with one of them sucking. Next time the other ot 10 might not be able to pick up the slack and you loose. Do you seriously think coaches overlook things like that just because they won?

Constructive criticism can be good, but our criticism usually has little to no impact on the product on the field.  I won't begrudge folks the opportunity to criticize mistakes and poor decisions, it'd be a boring conversation in a forum without that.  But I don't see the point when people are just relentlessly severely negative all the time.  It's like yelling at traffic and expecting it to clear.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beat the unanimous best team in the league going into the season.

Sorry we can't prove our championship pedigree by beating the vaunted Jet, Bucs, and Bills.

Though given your "analysis" before the Niners game I'll take your comments with a grain of salt. You find a new house yet? :)

The 49'ers fooled me like many others. They aren't very good.

Looking at the schedule before the season started, I thought the Colts would be 2 - 1 going into week 4.  I didn't think the loss would come to the Fins, however.  I'd imagine many others here had the same thought as far as the  record.  Yesterday's game was a great one.  This season is young, the team is young, but I love the way things are coming together.  I do expect some bumps on the road, but I'm thrilled to be along for the ride.

And, hey, we aren't Giants, Redskins, Jags, Vikings, or Bucs fans right now, right?

My biggest problem with people on this forum is the constant need to always be positive. Constructive criticism is good! Just because you win doesn't mean you still can't improve. When you have 11 guys on the field you can still win with one of them sucking. Next time the other ot 10 might not be able to pick up the slack and you loose. Do you seriously think coaches overlook things like that just because they won?

good point, but you'd think after a Win like yesterday, that no-one (I'll include myself here) really expected, that people would be happy instead of finding things to critique... Enjoy the Win...

Ohhhh okay funny how that revelation comes out the instant they lose to the Colts.

Pretty weird coincidence wouldn't you say?

It is what it is. The Colts are a decent team but when one of last years SB teams gets embarrassed two weeks in a row that makes them "a messed up team". The Colts did what they needed to do in convincing fashion but lets not kid ourselves into thinking they're going to do that against the best teams in the league. 

It is what it is. The Colts are a decent team but when one of last years SB teams gets embarrassed two weeks in a row that makes them "a messed up team". The Colts did what they needed to do in convincing fashion but lets not kid ourselves into thinking they're going to do that against the best teams in the league.

They just did it against one of the best teams in the league.

But feel free to continue to spin our win haha.

They just did it against one of the best teams in the league.

But feel free to continue to spin our win haha.

So you still believe SF is an elite team? They beat a crappy GB team and have been blown out twice. I like the Colts but at this point they squeaked by Oakland lost to the Phins and beat what looks to be a one hit wonder SF team. Lets keep it real.

To those saying that we should be able to criticize or (critique) I have no qualms about that, I know that there were things we could improve on, but i'll be darned if I am going to let them overshadow the heck of a game the boys played yesterday.

The team is not above reproach but the level of nit-picking on this board is more than a drill sergeant at boot camp.

Of course not because everyone has different opinions on things and thank god they do because this message board would be boring if everyone was just running around talking about how great the Colts were and how everyone on the team is great.

It is just the nature of the internet and message boards.  If you want to frequent a message board you best just get use to it.

What wholefnshow28 says.

It is the very nature of message boards and it doesn't even mean it's negative in the stricter sense. Trust me, the board, as would ANY board, would die if all posts that were negative removed.

And yes people get tougher behind a keyboard, even the POSITIVE poster does. It's just the way it is. If one takes it as such one would not be near as bothered.

Just beat the unanimous best team in the league going into the season.

Sorry we can't prove our championship pedigree by beating the vaunted Jet, Bucs, and Bills.

Though given your "analysis" before the Niners game I'll take your comments with a grain of salt. You find a new house yet? :)

The Jets and Bill are the two AFC East teams the Colts MIGHT finish ahead of if they were in the that division.

I've owned a home on the Cape for 12 years now. I spend Christmas there and a lot of time in the summer.

Actually the "board" is essentially software and has no feelings so it can't be happy, the people posting to this board that's a different story and you're probably going to need a couch and some time to get to the bottom of that. :-)

How true- but this software might be more user friendly :)

So you still believe SF is an elite team? They beat a crappy GB team and have been blown out twice. I like the Colts but at this point they squeaked by Oakland lost to the Phins and beat what looks to be a one hit wonder SF team. Lets keep it real.

San Fran is absolutely an elite team. Two losses doesn't change how their team is top to cottom.

The Seahawks are very good, and we played a great game. Isn't exactly qualification to demote them as a team.

The Jets and Bill are the two AFC East teams the Colts MIGHT finish ahead of if they were in the that division.

I've owned a home on the Cape for 12 years now. I spend Christmas there and a lot of time in the summer.

Lol we are a much better team than the Jets or the Bills.

Your trying much too hard to degrade the Colts today.

Quite transparent.

If the board was always happy, with the same opinion, you wouldn't get the fun and satisfaction of proving people wrong, like when the Colts beat the 49ers. It's all good fun , and a good exchange of opinions and ideas.

The Colts looked great against the 49ers and look like a playoff team. I really don't know what to make of the 49ers after getting completely drubbed in the last two games. I really think the NFL has caught up to the read option, and Kap and RG3 are really looking bad. I will take a good pocket quarterback like Luck over these two anyday.

It seems to me that even after such a dominate game today people are still trying to nit-pick at EVERYTHING!  If its not Pep's playcalling, its Walden being over-paid and letting Gore loose, to Irsay and his tweeting.  

Can we come together as colts fans and realize that this team was awesome today!  The players seemed really happy with the win as well as the coaching staff, so shouldn't that be a sign to you negative naysayers that its okay to be just a little bit happy?

I know the game wasn't perfect and we left points on the board (cough cough AV) but WHO CARES, WE WON.

I figured the board would be excited but all i'm seeing is what didn't happen, what about what did happen

We are 2-1 and tied for 1st in the division.  

GO COLTS

A simple request for this topic, if your going to post something in this thread, would you please make it positive?  Then after all the positives, lets look at the few negatives and I mean few

There is a song you should check out.. "King of Wishful Thinking" by the HIT British pop band Go West..

The Jets and Bill are the two AFC East teams the Colts MIGHT finish ahead of if they were in the that division.

I've owned a home on the Cape for 12 years now. I spend Christmas there and a lot of time in the summer.

And I'm not sure how a team is a one hit wonder when they went to the NFC championship game and the SB the previous two seasons.

Oh, and I have a summer home in upper Michigan....I just wanted everyone to know that. I'm also a ninja/green beret/bare knuckle champion.

No. We could win the Super Bowl this coming February and we would have threads called "Yeah we won the Super Bowl but Pep called an awful game, we got lucky" and "Trent Richardson did great in the postseason but still wish we had that first round pick this year even though it is pick 32."

That is the way it has always been. I remember people saying we couldn't be a Super Bowl team paying Manning so much money and that he should give back have of his pay to let the team sign more and better players.

Edited by Superman

If the board was always happy, with the same opinion, you wouldn't get the fun and satisfaction of proving people wrong, like when the Colts beat the 49ers. It's all good fun , and a good exchange of opinions and ideas.

The Colts looked great against the 49ers and look like a playoff team. I really don't know what to make of the 49ers after getting completely drubbed in the last two games. I really think the NFL has caught up to the read option, and Kap and RG3 are really looking bad. I will take a good pocket quarterback like Luck over these two anyday.

True, opinions of all is welcome but some of the suggestions I read are just stupid. Some people just do not have any common sense.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 23, 2013 - shot at moderation
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 23, 2013 - shot at moderation

I'm sure the Boston area has plenty of soup kitchens and what not for you to crash at while you are in between houses

Did you get a warning of that one ? Nadine would have my mailbox full .

Lol we are a much better team than the Jets or the Bills.

Your trying much too hard to degrade the Colts today.

Quite transparent.

I like the Colts. I find them very entertaining at this stage of their build. They are fun to watch. My view is an objective one. I also think they are better than the Jets and Bills that's why I said they'd most likey finish ahead of them if they were an AFC East team. 

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And I'm not sure how a team is a one hit wonder when they went to the NFC championship game and the SB the previous two seasons.

Oh, and I have a summer home in upper Michigan....I just wanted everyone to know that. I'm also a ninja/green beret/bare knuckle champion.

They went to the SB once and the following year they're not very good. One hit wonder.

They went to the SB once and the following year they're not very good. One hit wonder.

I said bet the house on it not "I bet my house". Besides I'm not a rat so your safe. Feel free to express your true self. Everyone felt the same way until the Colts showed us how far the 49'ers have fallen.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 23, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 23, 2013 - inflammatory

I think this is the best post I have seen in a long time. Some here are critical of any post you make that says anything less that Andrew Luck is the best QB in the NFL (he isn't even close) and the Colts are the best team (they are closer to that than Luck). We are still in rebuild mode. You can see that from the number of new players who were brought in, the players signed right before the start of the season and the latest trade for Richardson. That will take a while to work out and get everyone on the same page every game. Until then I expect the highest of highs (the win over the 49ers) and the lowest of lows (the loss to the Dolphins) from both the team and its supporters.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 23, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 23, 2013 - inflammatory

You're still here...

But not without constant threats and monitoring. I am a Peyton fan and I don't apologize for that. Watching him run a game is a thing of beauty. But I was a Colts fan long before that and I always will be. I am not, however, a mindless cheerleader. I like to play arm chair GM as much as anyone and to look at the team with a critical eye and see where we need to improve. The 49er's game was almost perfect in every aspect. I did not expect them to play that well and I am as delighted as you are about it. I do not, however, expect to see that from a rebuilding team every week or from their developing second year QB every week. I try to keep my expectations reasonable and enjoy seeming the team exceed those expectation like that did Sunday. Bravo to all.