Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Grigs will be Wheeling & dealling

Everyone

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't need to be an nfl insider to figure that one out. Arian is nursing an injury and splitting carries with tate

He's also a free agent at the end of the year so maybe they look to try to get something for him while they can.  They also have Cierre Wood, a good back from Notre Dame and a RB and FB on the practice squad.  Not saying a trade for Tate is likely but in the NFL, I think there are very few things that could be unquestionably ruled out.  

We just lost a RB. We are desperate. What other GM doesn't know that when we start shopping trades? Or what does it effect period for looking at FA's?

Do you know if you don't go to Irsay's twitter you can't read his tweets? How many GMs do you think are sitting around waiting to pounce on Jim tweeting? They don't care. Only angry fans care.

Some fans think it is their right solely to get to say whatever they want whenever they want, but not the owner. Lord no. Because he might tweet something everyone knows anyways, and that will cause mass destruction to the franchise. Because its a proven statistic that tweets=losses.

You're only arguing against one part of my thoughts.

Even so, I follow him, so when he tweets something it comes up on my wall.  I follow him because I support everything about our team.  I don't mind it when he tweets, but it shouldn't be about team business, unless it has already been done.  I don't like that he put our coaches on blast or players either.  That should be within the team's facilities.  But that's another topic.

But like I said earlier it is pointless to talk about this, because I don't plan on changing my opinion and neither do you guys.

Agree to disagree?

For those once again defending Irsay's moronic tweets.................

The problem is that in his efforts to buddy up to the fans, what he's actually done is TOLD the fans that THE OWNER WANTS the Colts to make multiple trades before the deadline. This will inevitable result in a spiral of irrational expectations, and if nothing happens (or if whatever happens is less than people imagined would happen) the deserved perception will be that Grigson has failed in his efforts. More importantly it suggests to potential trading partners that Grigson has pressure on him to get something done, thus impacting how they treat him. "I'm going to hold out for a higher draft pick because I know that Grigson needs to do something". It could result in the Colts giving up too much, or it could result in a deal not getting done that might have otherwise.

Either way, it does NOTHING to help. It's Irsay seeking a petty immediate gratification at the possible expense of his own team, or seeking to improve how he is perceived by the fan base at the expense of how his own GM is perceived by the fan base.

Once again, I like the little contests, and some of the sillyness, and in general the fact that he is willing to interact with the fans. It can be fun. But comments like this are simply ridiculous.

The problem is that in his efforts to buddy up to the fans, what he's actually done is TOLD the fans that THE OWNER WANTS the Colts to make multiple trades before the deadline. This will inevitable result in a spiral of irrational expectations, and if nothing happens (or if whatever happens is less than people imagined would happen) the deserved perception will be that Grigson has failed in his efforts. More importantly it suggests to potential trading partners that Grigson has pressure on him to get something done, thus impacting how they treat him. "I'm going to hold out for a higher draft pick because I know that Grigson needs to do something". It could result in the Colts giving up too much, or it could result in a deal not getting done that might have otherwise.

Either way, it does NOTHING to help. It's Irsay seeking a petty immediate gratification at the possible expense of his own team, or seeking to improve how he is perceived by the fan base at the expense of how his own GM is perceived by the fan base.

Once again, I like the little contests, and some of the sillyness, and in general the fact that he is willing to interact with the fans. It can be fun. But comments like this are simply ridiculous.

Didn't we hear the same dire warnings when Irsay was tweeting about DHB and Bradshaw? That he was just driving up their price....and then both signed for very little.

As usual, it's much todo about nothing.

Yeah, but no one cares what those fans, who would see no moves as a disappointment, think anyway :)

Nothing bad ever comes from him tweeting. I certainly don't expect that trend to change now.

what are you basing that Indepth analasys on?

While I believe its far to early to say Williams sucks, He has to learn to read his blocks better, He is already a small Back who is easy to bring down once you get ahold of him, Special Teams wise he has to know when its a good idea to take the ball out of the end zone  

If I am guessing, it will be a power back. We have 1 back with a little muscle in Bradshaw, and 2 shifty guys in Brown & Williams. We will go for a power back like Beanie Wells first, IMO.

The other one I can think of is Anthony Dixon of 49ers.

I like this because Dixon was the starter for Miss State before Ballard and Dixon was really good...he just can't get playing time.

I would want one of: Joseph Addai, Kerwyn Williams, Beanie Wells, Willis Mcgahee, Cedric Benson.

Addai hasn't been in the league for 2 years (dang near 3 considering his limited time 3 years ago). You already have Kerwyn Williams. I don't believe McGahee is Colt material (obviously not Bronco material)......so that leaves Beanie........there has to be a better option.

As long as you don't trade any draft picks then I'm cool with it.  No reason to trade away a future draft pick to put on a 4 month patch.

No kidding! I am getting sick of seeing draft picks traded.

Next year's 4th is gone for Montori Hughes.

Do we start trading our 3rd? 2nd? and for what?

You're only arguing against one part of my thoughts.

Even so, I follow him, so when he tweets something it comes up on my wall.  I follow him because I support everything about our team.  I don't mind it when he tweets, but it shouldn't be about team business, unless it has already been done.  I don't like that he put our coaches on blast or players either.  That should be within the team's facilities.  But that's another topic.

But like I said earlier it is pointless to talk about this, because I don't plan on changing my opinion and neither do you guys.

Agree to disagree?

If you look at his tweets as anything other than PR for the fans, you're really missing the big picture.

Coaches weren't "put on blast"; any information Irsay wanted them to know was already sent to them.

we already have Williams .... every other one you mentioned, NO

Forgot we have williams and i would rather us pick up a free agent than have to trade away a draft pick even if it is a 7th and i have a reason why i would want all of them.

I think Hillman or Moreno should be given to us for free. And other pieces from Denver for the next 20-30 years.

Would actually like Hillman to be on our team, think he could become a starter. Not to displace Bradshaw but i've only seen him play 2 times but every time he has he has impressed me (hillman that is). Plus i believe one of bradshaw or brown will go down and i don't think Kerwyn is ready tbh to share the snaps.

Addai hasn't been in the league for 2 years (dang near 3 considering his limited time 3 years ago). You already have Kerwyn Williams. I don't believe McGahee is Colt material (obviously not Bronco material)......so that leaves Beanie........there has to be a better option.

Forgot Williams was on the PS.

In my mind ballard who was our workhorse back has gone down so bradshaw will most likely pick up our load with Brown rotating in with him, i would want Addai for 3rd downs because he'd still be better than Brown or Kerwyn for that.

McGahee is old and coming off an injury (think he still is right?) and the broncos have 3 very good young rb's so unless McGahee is great he was going to get cut imo, he would probably be good to fill a gap and do a bit of work for the short term.

Beanie isn't great. But i would have thought a starting back for the last how many years would still know what to do and potentially fill the same role as ballard.

Benson is a powerback, ballard was a powerback, bradshaw and brown aren't powerbacks. If Jacobs were still a free agent i would have listed him instead of benson but imo if you are going to be running/passing 50/50 you will need someone who can pound the ball down the middle, bradshaw could do it but benson would be better. 

We are cursed at RB for sure. Bradshaw and Brown will handle RB position and they will get injured too, only a matter of time sadly. And no, I'm not very optimistic.

Welcome, you appear to be quite new. Hope you stick around. Being a near 10 year veteran on this board (including moves), can I make a suggestion?

Change your user name to 'Glass Half Empty'.