Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Grigs will be Wheeling & dealling

Everyone

Really bummed about Ballard but Brown is a vet and should get the chance to step up before wheeling and dealing.  Brown made some big special teams plays in last wks game which showed me he was still hungry and out to prove himself.  Its not too late for Brown and they have Bradshaw and drafted Williams for depth in case something like this happened.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic Ballard was a mid-low to low running back.  it's not too much to sweat about, yea he could pick up the blitz, but so could Edge, Addai and many others, THEY HAVE TO, ITS THEIR JOB. He is not even mentioned in the "also relevant" list AFTER all the big boys , mid-level, and important / relevant, are named.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167352/article/ap-then-everyone-else-ranking-the-running-backs

I say we take Bradshaw and turn him loose, he is now our feature back and a stud.  Oh and by the way, he DID make the list .

Vic Ballard was a mid-low to low running back.  it's not too much to sweat about, yea he could pick up the blitz, but so could Edge, Addai and many others, THEY HAVE TO, ITS THEIR JOB. He is not even mentioned in the "also relevant" list AFTER all the big boys , mid-level, and important / relevant, are named.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167352/article/ap-then-everyone-else-ranking-the-running-backs

I say we take Bradshaw and turn him loose, he is now our feature back and a stud.  Oh and by the way, he DID make the list .

Ballard may not have been a top RB, but he was far better than "mid-low to low" level RB ... he has continued to improve since we drafted him and was easily an average/middle tier RB.

Ballard may not have been a top RB, but he was far better than "mid-low to low" level RB ... he has continued to improve since we drafted him and was easily an average/middle tier RB.

I always thought the best thing about Ballard and what I think we'll miss the most with him out is how when he hit the pile he would always move it forward and get about two to three extra yards out of it.  Bradshaw might be able to do that too but I know that's something Brown can't do. 

Well the way I see it Irsay tweeting about a possible trade can't really hurt the colts rather then just letting all 32 know we are interested in a trade, I can't understand why we need to be so secretive about a trade. I just hope we go after somebody worth it. I'm one of those crazy fans that believe in the use of a strong running game and understand what that could do for our offense and for Luck. Truthfully if we can maintain a good average of YPC throughout  the season it will mean less presure on Luck and an effective use of play action and opens up our passing attack. Last year teams didn't have to focus much time on our running game hopefully thats something that has changed this year.  There are a few names of guys I would love to see use persue, but I dont want to get ahead of myself, so I plan to just set back and see how everything unfolds.. 

Welcome, you appear to be quite new. Hope you stick around. Being a near 10 year veteran on this board (including moves), can I make a suggestion?

Change your user name to 'Glass Half Empty'.

I'm new to posting on this forum but I've always been lurking on the forum. Nobody cares that you are a 10 year veteran. This forum should get rid of post count because people get on their high horse thinking they are the king around here, or in other words a veteran. LOL.  I don't post often because any input or opinions that people make on this forum eventually get torn up by rude comments. Lack of maintained moderation on this forum is the reason for this. I call it like it is buddy. Two injury prone RB and I'm hoping for the very best for Brown and Bradshaw, I really do. I love Bradshaw's explosiveness but we can't wear him out too early. So I like the move of using Brown here and there and perhaps Kerwynn Williams. If we rotate RB it will preserve them throughout the season and that is the best thing for our injury prone RB's.

I'm new to posting on this forum but I've always been lurking on the forum. Nobody cares that you are a 10 year veteran. This forum should get rid of post count because people get on their high horse thinking they are the king around here, or in other words a veteran. LOL.  I don't post often because any input or opinions that people make on this forum eventually get torn up by rude comments. Lack of maintained moderation on this forum is the reason for this. I call it like it is buddy. Two injury prone RB and I'm hoping for the very best for Brown and Bradshaw, I really do. I love Bradshaw's explosiveness but we can't wear him out too early. So I like the move of using Brown here and there and perhaps Kerwynn Williams. If we rotate RB it will preserve them throughout the season and that is the best thing for our injury prone RB's.

This right here is the issue I think the more accurate statement for all of us is that we call it like we see it.  However, we tend to act like the way we see it HAS to be the way it is and are not willing to listen to someone else who might see things another way. 

im hearing the name mikel leshoure adam schefter reported he wants out of detroit  id rather them wheel and dealing a cover corner one would can cover n make plays thats right IM CALLING OUT THE CORNERS !!!

You might as well call the corners out. I think everyone else here has been trashed so far today.   smh Im glad I dont play on a team with such a turrible fan base.

No, I think you should take length of service seriously. Then you would spot a light hearted comment a little more easily.

No, I think you should take length of service seriously. Then you would spot a light hearted comment a little more easily.

I am nice and post constructive opinions on these boards. You're the one that didn't add anything constructive, unless you think my username changing was constructive to this thread. This isn't the first time where I make a post and only to return to see a reply with a rude comment. Maybe you should change your username to "Double-Standards".

If you want an example of constant rude replies to members on this board, check out the member "BLOODontheTRACKS".

This is where Irsay is like a fan and not an owner. It is easy to say you are going to trade for a running back , but who and where would you get a running back that is any good ? The only guys you will get are back of the career running backs like you already have in Bradshaw. Look at the Ravens at receiver or tight end. You get Shinancoe , who is already cut, or an old Dallas Clark or Stokely. That is pretty much what is out there.

This is where Irsay is like a fan and not an owner. It is easy to say you are going to trade for a running back , but who and where would you get a running back that is any good ? The only guys you will get are back of the career running backs like you already have in Bradshaw. Look at the Ravens at receiver or tight end. You get Shinancoe , who is already cut, or an old Dallas Clark or Stokely. That is pretty much what is out there.

those guys were free agents, not players that were traded for

Granted, but those are the kind of guys that are out there. A trade may get a third or fourth string running back at best , which will not be a great help, unless he is extremely lucky. I remember when the Ravens lost Jamal Lewis in 2001, after letting Priest Holmes leave through free agency , we were stuck with an old and slow ex - Viking Terry Allen. It is just not easy to replace players during the season. The Ravens are in a similar situation at tight end with Pitta injured , and Dickson and Clark dropping balls left and right. I doubt Ozzie could get a good trade for a quality tight end right now. If Irsay and Grigson could pull off a trade for a quality running back right now, I would tip my cap.

Still waiting on Irsay's twitter trigger happy fingers after a loss... :)

I hope he disappoints me and lays low. :)

I'm sure he's going to can it and just let the coaches hear from him. It's somewhat embarrassing, especially if you're not a fan of the Colts and you read one of Irsay's tweets about a loss. lol

I am nice and post constructive opinions on these boards. You're the one that didn't add anything constructive, unless you think my username changing was constructive to this thread. This isn't the first time where I make a post and only to return to see a reply with a rude comment. Maybe you should change your username to "Double-Standards".

If you want an example of constant rude replies to members on this board, check out the member "BLOODontheTRACKS".

OK, last comment on this. I'll spell it out. I was joking. The 'glass half empty' was made in jest, at your rather pessimistic response. I even welcomed you warmly, which I thought was a clue to the light hearted comment which followed. My second response, was again made in jest (length of service), Other than ignoring every comment you make, so as not to offend you, I'm not sure what I can do.

Let's put it down to a misunderstanding, shall we?

OK, last comment on this. I'll spell it out. I was joking. The 'glass half empty' was made in jest, at your rather pessimistic response. I even welcomed you warmly, which I thought was a clue to the light hearted comment which followed. My second response, was again made in jest (length of service), Other than ignoring every comment you make, so as not to offend you, I'm not sure what I can do.

Let's put it down to a misunderstanding, shall we?

I misunderstood you. I apologize sir! We are good. :)

Not to take anything away from Ballard who is a good young RB, but I think Bradshaw and Brown can do just fine.  Bradshaw his a similar RB to Ballard.  And Brown is completely different.  Throw in Williams.  Maybe sign Delone Carter if needed.  But these guys are better than someone they can trade with.

Signing Carter makes sense.  He knows the offense, is a good runner and could provide some snaps if Bradshaw or Brown goes down for a short period of time.