Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

can luck top mannings 7 td performance against raiders?

Stephen

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't score first drive.. Some will start the we are getting first pick threads lol. Crazy how quick people assume/overreact

I've said it before, and I shouldn't be surprised - but I'm amazed by how fast people want to show others how ignorant they are.  

I guess the isolationism of social media makes people they can shout things out that they would never say in front of real people.

Forget the exceptional level of QB play - we simply don't have the pass blocking for it.  If Manning still had this line, he probably couldn't do it either.

With Denver, Manning usually gets at least gets 3-3.5 seconds to do something with the ball. It's not a Brady fortress (4-5+) but it's good enough. Especially for a QB like that.

For Indy, our QB's as of 2007 have been fortunate to get two seconds before running for their lives on almost every snap. It's difficult to have a ridiculous pass game when your QB barely has time to take a snap that isn't in the shotgun. For us, even the shotgun formation isn't a guarantee the QB will have more than a couple seconds before he's swarmed. Our pass blocking is flat out putrid.

Not only is this difficult on the QB pressure wise, but the receivers do need SOME time to get open. The fact our passing game did as well as it did last year is truly a credit to Luck and Wayne. I would love to see what our boy could do if he were given a proper line. We can't run OR pass block, and being able to do at least one or the other fairly well would go a long way.

I'll say this, though - our run blocking last season was better than it has been since 2007. However, this only brought it from putrid to poor/mediocre. Our pass blocking was still bottom 3 in football. Cringe worthy.

No, and we don't want him to.....

Save the real bullets for the best opponents....  and the Raiders are not one of them.

Don't waste your good stuff on a bad team.

We can beat them going vanilla...    we can beat them with paper plates and plastic utensils...    no need to bring out the fine dining,  the good china and the gold plated silverware.... 

Save the best for the best....

Realistically the only person in the game today that even has a remote shot of repeating last nights performance is #18. That's going to be recalled in football lore for as long as people want to talk about Peyton. 

Luck will have a big day, but guessing what he'll do is not my thing.

A lot of people say the raiders are bad but are they bad enough to throw seven tds against?

I really hope we don't need Luck throwing 7 TD's to win.  I'll be thrilled with one TD or even none if it means the Colts win the game. That would mean either the rushing game or defense played very well.  

Realistically the only person in the game today that even has a remote shot of repeating last nights performance is #18. That's going to be recalled in football lore for as long as people want to talk about Peyton. 

Luck will have a big day, but guessing what he'll do is not my thing.

The premise was based on the Colts playing the Raiders. Never occurred to me as even a remote possibility. Of course the Broncos are playing the Raiders twice this year. You'd have to expect some pretty big numbers from Peyton in those games as well.

But not seven TDs however, because Osweiller may be in by the middle of the third quarter. Records like this only happen in competitive games - unless you are the Patriots - whose goal always seems to be to make the Jets/Bills/Dolphins players wet their pants and then retire from the sport to pursue hobbies like basket-weaving.

Hey if my recollection serves me right? I haven't checked this though, when Peyton played the Aint's That's saints with a small s

back some years ago he had I believe 5 or 6 td's in the close to middle or beginning of the second half. If the Colts would have not

been so mercyfull to the dogs that night and  let him stay in the whole game the way he was lighting the dumb Saints up he could have had easily 9 or 10 td's or more!!! I remember that well because I was ticked they took him out... I wish he would have had 15

or more!!! I love seeing aint's get blown away!! OK, getting off the subject. :pass: :hairout::censored2::flaming:

Hey if my recollection serves me right? I haven't checked this though, when Peyton played the Aint's That's saints with a small s

back some years ago he had I believe 5 or 6 td's in the close to middle or beginning of the second half. If the Colts would have not

been so mercyfull to the dogs that night and  let him stay in the whole game the way he was lighting the dumb Saints up he could have had easily 9 or 10 td's or more!!! I remember that well because I was ticked they took him out... I wish he would have had 15

or more!!! I love seeing aint's get blown away!! OK, getting off the subject. :pass: :hairout::censored2::flaming:

If memory serves me correctly, that was the season opener after the Super Bowl run...

Peyton was nasty & just picked on Jason David...,.