Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying you don't have a point, but we do have Vaughn, Brazill, and Hilton as 3 returners off the top of my head. Vaughn would make a lot so sense too if he makes the team. Won't start so he'll need to have an effect on special teams.

forgot about vaughan that would make sense

He'll go to his hotel room after having dinner and text or talk verbally with a few friends and family and get their opinions and we'll see if one talked some sense into him and say take a 1 year deal with incentives and regain your rep and get Indy next season to cough up more, I suspect one player maybe 2 of Grigsons signed in FA doesn't work out and gets whacked and that'll free up some mula to pay him more if he works out, I hope not on missing out on 1 or 2 Grigsons early FA signings, because I don't want to keep plugging in new unproven players every year, I want a offense and defense mainly staying and playing great, a little optimistic and I guess we'll see......

Go Colts!!!!!

They may have stalled but sometimes agents leak stuff like this to try to draw an interest of another team at the 11th hour to make an offer that is either more than the current team they are talking to is offering or will make that team up it's offer. 

Hi, i'm a Giants fan, just registered to give my two cents on Bradshaw having seen him in action week in and week out...

First of all, Bradshaw is a guy that runs with a lot of power despite his small stature. He actually had almost as much power as Brandon Jacobs did in his prime, and could also do a lot of running outside the tackles, as well as be a fairly good pass protector. He also had a full toolkit of jukes and moves to use, not to mention an insane stiff-arm. If he makes it to the second level, he will gain quite a few yards. Maybe not a TD, but at the very least moves the chains.

The main problem is that Bradshaw can get impatient, and will try to hit a hole that hasn't properly developed. That wasn't a problem behind the 2008 Giants OL, which was the best run-blocking line in the league, but he will suffer behind a poor OL if he is forced to power through defenders on every carry.

Everyone knows Bradshaw has an injury history, and it's directly related to his playstyle. Bradshaw always gave 110% on a play, and would often run until his feet fell off... literally. Most of the time that he's had foot-related injuries were due to having significant carries in the weeks prior. If he signs with your team, it's very important that you DON'T lean on him as a featured back. 10-15 carries a game tops. Even if he's averaging 6 YPC in a game, and is on track for a 200 yard game, you have to put someone else in, or his feet get hurt again. Last year, his primary foot injuries came after a 200 yarder against cleveland and a 100 yarder against the tough defense of SF. Later on in the season, Andre Brown (our 2nd back last year) got injured vs the packers, and Coughlin didn't trust David Wilson to take over (even after his performance against the Saints), and as such Bradshaw was forced to play a featured back role, which led to the injuries he is still recovering from.

TL;DR: More carries, more injuries (and vice versa)...

Hope this helps.

No worries, folks. DHB took awhile. This late in the free agency market, we probably are giving him the best offer he'll get. He'll smarten up. Still, I'm confident that if Grigs wants him, he'll get him.

nod.gif

What doesn't anyone like Ballard? I think Ballard had amazing year last year and will be even better this year with a better offensive line. 

I don't think it's a point that Ballard is not liked. More than likely I think the Colts are not happy with the depth at RB. There are very few teams left that use just one RB. Most teams feel like it is better to use multi RBs because of the injuries and also keeping a fresh RB on the field. 

This board tends to freak out if someone has been injured in their career.

agreed, its amazing. Why pass on someone who can come in and contribute and instantly make the RB coral better? Too many diehard brown supporters. Its ok to let go of the Polian era, its over... Its much nicer once you do.

I can.

I thought TY Hilton was really good returning kicks...lotsa yards

LaVon Brazil can also do it...

How many 7th round choices make any team?

More than you might think. If the player can make an impact they are cheap to keep on the team. There have been plenty of late round picks who make rosters all over the NFL. 

This could be the end of Donald Brown...

and a smaller role for Vick Ballard. I like Bradshaw, but with his injury history and our talent at RB, I don't see a big need in signing him, unless it's for cheap.

Bradshaw does everything Brown can do and does it a little better. Williams brings a little different skill set to the table than Brown does. He is said to have great hands and is a monster in the open field. Now what you are saying appears to mean that the Colts would rank the RB's and keep the best ones. Maybe you aren't saying that but if you are , I believe that woudn't be the case. Yes Brown might be an overall better and complete back , but I think if Williams is what the scouting reports say , he stays and Carter or Brown go.

Brown is an every down back. Williams isn't. It's true that Bradshaw can fill the Brown role, but that doesn't mean you get rid of Brown. Not if you want depth in case of injury.

I don't think Ballard has proven to be a capable third down back just yet; his pass blocking still needs work. Williams can play the scat back role, and fills a need at returner, but I don't think he'd be good on third down either. At least not as a pass blocker.

Things can and will change between now at the end of camp. Williams might beat Brown out. We might keep five backs, including Havili, particularly if the competition is close. Or Havili might not make it. Heck, we might not even sign Bradshaw. But if we do, based on what things look like right now, I'd project Bradshaw, Ballard, Brown, and Havili. Williams would be on the bubble. Carter is out.

JMO

course brown is the better player. williams hasnt done anything, but heres a thought brown wasnt drafted by this regime so they have zero attachment and I think that will give williams the edge.

I think Williams having a great camp is what could give Williams the edge. I don't think it has anything to do with who was drafted by whom, or who makes what. I think it's going to be about who performs best.

Although the Colts have reached a "stalemate" in contract talks with free agent Ahmad Bradshaw, NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the "deal is not dead."
The sides are posturing at this stage, which is routine in contract talks. Jones confirms the likely temporary stalemate is "not unusual," and we'll "know more tomorrow." Bradshaw could leave Indianapolis and still wind up signing with the Colts. The fit makes a ton of sense for both sides.Jun 7 - 12:28 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

agreed, its amazing. Why pass on someone who can come in and contribute and instantly make the RB coral better? Too many diehard brown supporters. Its ok to let go of the Polian era, its over... Its much nicer once you do.

I agree with the post you quoted... but do you not think that given your username, that it is a little ironic when you agree with it?

Bradshaw's injury prone label is not due to how many games he misses, just that he always seems to be dinged up.. That being said.. I like him over Carter, but wouldn't replace Donald with him because we need a reliable change of pace... I like the idea of fielding Ballard, Brown, and Bradshaw with Williams returning kicks and one of the FB's in on some packages, but we would have to get rid of Carter (or a FB) to make roster room.

Bradshaw not reliable?

I think if you sign Bradshaw you send Carter packing.

Backfield of Brown, Ballard, Bradshaw, Havili or Moore, Obryant or Williams

Yeah, if this happens it most definitely spells the end for Carter.

Ballard, Bradshaw, Brown, Havili and Williams (return man)

If it doesn't happen it's not going to be the end of the world, but it would make our backfield instantly better.

Three teams had interest in him and all decided it would be better to draft a RB. It's late to be a free agent, though he could wait to see if a RB gets hurt pre-season and land a contract. He has to know no team will take him with a long contract that the team can not get out of if he gets hurt. We have plenty of money to pay more for a one year deal. If other teams would be interested, they would have looked at him by now. Chuck wants a power running back, and I think he will get him. I think Brown has been kept in-case we didn't land someone else. Why keep him? Use the 2.7 cap savings to help bring in Bradshaw. Bradshaw will also be a nice mentor for Vick and Williams.Harsh soap can dry your hands ;)

Thanks for writing War and Peace,  the Colts football edition....

But, in all of that,  you somehow managed to leave off Havili in every version....

Time to recalibrate...

Hey...that's my line :)

It looks like the "Gavinsburg address"  Four score...and 7 running backs ago...."  :)

http://youtu.be/snLjlYASBUM

I think we should definitely get this signing of Bradshaw finalized as soon as possible. To me it's just a perfect signing. The negatives we are all aware of, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. You bring in a guy who is young, has multiple Super Bowl rings which adds to the experience and championship mentality of our team. On top of this you bring in a guy who is just a perfect fit for what Pagano and Hamilton want to do in the running game, which is "HAMMERING THE NAIL SAW". Look at the video above, and tell me this guy wouldn't go great in our power running game. Bradshaw to me goes very good in a committee with Ballard and Brown. To me this is a very solid trio. Not to mention what you will get sprinkling inWilliams or Obryant, Havili or Moore. I think we should not miss this signing. Bradshaw would add a lot of versatility to this backfield.

The Indianapolis Star confirms the Colts are still negotiating with free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.

The waiting is the hardest part. Bradshaw's injury history leaves him precious little leverage in talks, so the Colts can afford to wait him out. It's possible the former Giant will eventually make other visits, but his market was dead silent before he was summoned to Indy on Thursday. It would be a mild surprise if a deal doesn't get done. Jun 7 - 10:16 AM

The Indianapolis Star confirms the Colts are still negotiating with free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.
The waiting is the hardest part. Bradshaw's injury history leaves him precious little leverage in talks, so the Colts can afford to wait him out. It's possible the former Giant will eventually make other visits, but his market was dead silent before he was summoned to Indy on Thursday. It would be a mild surprise if a deal doesn't get done. Jun 7 - 10:16 AM

Yep.  If I were Grigs I'd say "Here's the offer.  You may get more from someone else, but it's not going to be much.  And do you really think any of those teams are going anywhere?"

We're definitely holding all the cards on this one, it's a buyers market.

I think we should definitely get this signing of Bradshaw finalized as soon as possible. To me it's just a perfect signing. The negatives we are all aware of, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. You bring in a guy who is young, has multiple Super Bowl rings which adds to the experience and championship mentality of our team. On top of this you bring in a guy who is just a perfect fit for what Pagano and Hamilton want to do in the running game, which is "HAMMERING THE NAIL SAW". Look at the video above, and tell me this guy wouldn't go great in our power running game. Bradshaw to me goes very good in a committee with Ballard and Brown. To me this is a very solid trio. Not to mention what you will get sprinkling inWilliams or Obryant, Havili or Moore. I think we should not miss this signing. Bradshaw would add a lot of versatility to this backfield.

I'm sure Bradshaw would be an awesome fit here in Indy, but as I watched that video, what stood out to me was how often Bradshaw had an enormous hole to run thru, or had his line setting the edge and leaving him a third of the field to break free. I know this is just a highlight reel, but how often was he 3+ yards past the line before he was even touched? This despite the Giants fan earlier claiming how awful the NYG OLine was last year. Anybody recall the Colts line doing anything close to that in the last, uhmm, 7 years or so? When was the last Colts RB who wasn't consistently molested BEHIND the LOS?

Hey...that's my line :)

It looks like the "Gavinsburg address"  Four score...and 7 running backs ago...."   :)

You sir, are a flat out Genius!     

I am not worthy!      :worthy:      I am not worthy!       :worthy:        I am not worthy!        :worthy:

You sir, are a flat out Genius!     

I am not worthy!      :worthy:      I am not worthy!       :worthy:        I am not worthy!        :worthy:

War and Peace...Gone With The Wind!  The Unabridged Dictionary....good reads and good for insomnia as well...:)

I have way too much fun sometimes...:)