Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not.

At this point, I'd take Brown over Williams, if I were forced to choose. Not sure Williams has the body to be an NFL running back, and I wouldn't want him on the field on third down because he can't pass block. His major contribution this year would be special teams, and I don't know that we'd get rid of someone who can play three downs in favor of a return man.

I'm rooting for Williams, but he'd be out before Brown. As of right now.

I don't know if Williams is NFL caliber, but he has one thing going for him over Brown.  He's a heck of a lot cheaper.

So, if we sign Bradshaw, we'd keep Ballard based on his production and salary.  That's why I said it's between Williams and Brown.  If Williams wins the KR job, and we sign Bradshaw, there won't be any carries left for Brown.

It's a great problem to have!

I don't know if Williams is NFL caliber, but he has one thing going for him over Brown.  He's a heck of a lot cheaper.

So, if we sign Bradshaw, we'd keep Ballard based on his production and salary.  That's why I said it's between Williams and Brown.  If Williams wins the KR job, and we sign Bradshaw, there won't be any carries left for Brown.

It's a great problem to have!

Cheaper by about $1m in cash and against the cap. That's about 0.8% of the cap. I think it would strictly come down to who the better player is. And right now, I'm confident that Brown is the better player.

Add in the fact that Williams is practice squad eligible and it makes even more sense to keep Brown.

I'm not.

At this point, I'd take Brown over Williams, if I were forced to choose. Not sure Williams has the body to be an NFL running back, and I wouldn't want him on the field on third down because he can't pass block. His major contribution this year would be special teams, and I don't know that we'd get rid of someone who can play three downs in favor of a return man.

I'm rooting for Williams, but he'd be out before Brown. As of right now.

williams brings a whole other dimension to our offense that we have never had. every team wishes they had a darren sproles on their team. someone fast elusive and hard to tackle. a threat to take it home on every play. is that williams? maybe. he ahs the size and quickness, but like many have said he still hasnt played a down yet. all im saying is williams and our other backs bring to the table the same things brown does so why waste the money and roster spot.

I am HOPING this is nonsense.

Bradshaw is a GREAT talent...  but he has a chronic foot issue.     and it is not going away..

I will be shocked if Indy signs AB.    It's just not a need area.  

im guessing 2 year 5 mil

Bradshaw, Ballard, Brown, Havili. How would Brown be odd man out?

If we sign Bradshaw our current roster of Backs would be in no particular order

Bradshaw

Carter

Brown

Ballard

O'Bryant

Moore

Meggett

Williams

If we sign Bradshaw that gives us to definite Backs that will make the team, Ballard and Bradshaw...Next you have 6 other Backs

Brown

O'Bryant

Moore

Meggett

Wlliams

Carter

Now thats 2 power Backs in Moore and Carter(or 3rd down Backs, I think Carter gets cut) and 4 scat backs, Browns cap hit if he is on the roster come week 1 would be 2.7 mill...for what looks to be a backup who cant stay healthy...Not a ton of money in football terms but we have 3 other Backs who offer what he does skill wise vs 2 power Backs.....If any one of those other scat backs learn the playbook with no prior injury history and show the skills at camp that they did on film then I think Brown is on the outside looking in which would leave

Ballard

Williams

Bradshaw

O'Bryant

Meggett(who I think will get cut anyway, just to many other Backs offer what he does)

Moore

Well Moore offers you a player that can play more then 1 position, FB and RB so I think he stays if were looking for versatility, We drafted Williams so I think he would get the nod over a player with a similar skill set as him if he shows what he showed on film. so he makes the team under my example: so we have the folowing Backs on the team under my example:

Ballard

Bradshaw

Moore

Williams

O'Bryant

So I think you have Moore, O'Bryant, Williams fighting for 2 spots, with Moore winning 1 do to his versatility (giving us 2 power backs in Ballard and Moore) and 1 scat back spot up for grabs who I think Williams will get the edge do to being drafted if he shows what he showed on film so....

Bradshaw

Ballard

Moore

Williams

with possibly O'Bryant landing on the PS

Hopefully that makes sense, I went on and on a bit......Long story short.....2 power backs....2 scat backs

williams brings a whole other dimension to our offense that we have never had. every team wishes they had a darren sproles on their team. someone fast elusive and hard to tackle. a threat to take it home on every play. is that williams? maybe. he ahs the size and quickness, but like many have said he still hasnt played a down yet. all im saying is williams and our other backs bring to the table the same things brown does so why waste the money and roster spot.

It's just too early. I'm saying that, right now, Brown is the better player, and as such, I'd think we'd keep him over Williams. If Williams has a great camp -- not decent, not good, but great -- then he leapfrogs Brown on the depth chart. But that would mean that he shows an ability to run hard, he catches the ball well, and he pass blocks well. And I don't know about all of that.

People seem to forget about injuries. Saying that all these will be cut doesn't consider that we usually have at least one injured RB by the end of training camp, and sometimes issues with two.

If he was signed, it would be the deepest we have been at the RB position in like......ever.

I am HOPING this is *.

Bradshaw is a GREAT talent...  but he has a chronic foot issue.     and it is not going away..

its basically a done deal. hes expected to sign tomorrow

Cheaper by about $1m in cash and against the cap. That's about 0.8% of the cap. I think it would strictly come down to who the better player is. And right now, I'm confident that Brown is the better player.

Add in the fact that Williams is practice squad eligible and it makes even more sense to keep Brown.

Bradshaw does everything Brown can do and does it a little better. Williams brings a little different skill set to the table than Brown does. He is said to have great hands and is a monster in the open field. Now what you are saying appears to mean that the Colts would rank the RB's and keep the best ones. Maybe you aren't saying that but if you are , I believe that woudn't be the case. Yes Brown might be an overall better and complete back , but I think if Williams is what the scouting reports say , he stays and Carter or Brown go.

how much do you think a return man is worth?

and i can't think of anyone else on our roster better suited to return for us

I can.

I thought TY Hilton was really good returning kicks...lotsa yards

LaVon Brazil can also do it...

How many 7th round choices make any team?

Ok...   

Bradshaw is NOT a workhorse back..  he just simply cannot do it and stay healthy.

IF he is brought in I hope he is a 3rd down type ...       He can do it all but..  i am really puzzled by this.

Older, vet, injury prone?   why?

This is true...  but after 2 games of starting carries Bradshaw is NOT practicing for the REST Of The SEASON.    He has a foot that simply is damaged goods.         He is a SPOT duty back.    At this point in time.  

Ballard is better,   Brown is a ?  and Bradshaw is a ?   if the money is right I guess it's ok but ....  

DO NOT EXPECT A BRADSHAW TO START FOR Indianapolis.     and last.

Bradshaw does everything Brown can do and does it a little better. Williams brings a little different skill set to the table than Brown does. He is said to have great hands and is a monster in the open field. Now what you are saying appears to mean that the Colts would rank the RB's and keep the best ones. Maybe you aren't saying that but if you are , I believe that woudn't be the case. Yes Brown might be an overall better and complete back , but I think if Williams is what the scouting reports say , he stays and Carter or Brown go.

I am HOPING this is *.

Bradshaw is a GREAT talent... but he has a chronic foot issue. and it is not going away..

I will be shocked if Indy signs AB. It's just not a need area.

Ok...

Bradshaw is NOT a workhorse back.. he just simply cannot do it and stay healthy.

IF he is brought in I hope he is a 3rd down type ... He can do it all but.. i am really puzzled by this.

Older, vet, injury prone? why?

I agree 100% John. Bradshaw's lingering foot issues scare the crap out of me. Exactly, foot problems don't just disappear they tend to multiply. Signing him may be a foregone conclusion CR91 & yes this move could work out for us, but foot issues often end a lot of NFL careers earlier than expected just ask HOF CB Deion Sanders.

I would actually feel much better if Bradshaw was coming off a knee surgery vs 3 foot surgeries. JMO.

I am HOPING this is *.

Then you will be shocked, everyone on NFL network is saying, it's just a matter of the when the contract is done, Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard are a great 1-2 punch

Warhorse .. I have owned A Bradshaw for several years in fantasy...  and i can tell you he NEVER practices after week 3 or so..

He could be a very solid spot backup.   But he cannot hold up to the beating of an NFL starting / or split carry situation RB.

He is "supposedly"  a GREAT leader on the team so I am hoping he is depth and leadership ...    

People seem to forget about injuries. Saying that all these will be cut doesn't consider that we usually have at least one injured RB by the end of training camp, and sometimes issues with two.

If he was signed, it would be the deepest we have been at the RB position in like......ever.

I can.

I thought TY Hilton was really good returning kicks...lotsa yards

LaVon Brazil can also do it...

How many 7th round choices make any team?

we probably won't let Hilton return so he doesn't get hurt

Brazil is a good example but i think Williams was drafted for the purpose of being our return man

I won';t be shocked when AB is missing practice because of the "boo boo" on his foot...  

I just do not like this sign at all.         IF AB is healthy then he is an asset.     BUT....      

OH Lordy...        perhaps he is brought in for 3 down duty (pass protection)    

I dunno...   I just hope Indy has an angle here I cannot think of..  ??

Then you will be shocked, everyone on NFL network is saying, it's just a matter of the when the contract is done, Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard are a great 1-2 punch

Ok...

Bradshaw is NOT a workhorse back.. he just simply cannot do it and stay healthy.

IF he is brought in I hope he is a 3rd down type ... He can do it all but.. i am really puzzled by this.

Older, vet, injury prone? why?

Older? He's in his 7th year and he's only 27. Older would be like 29+

I hope all you injury probe nay sayers' have been saying the same thing as brown.

Overall it looks like he's the worst of all our RB's combined, injury prone and fumble issues

Since when does Brown have fumbling issues?

OMG...   his ankle is probably the equal to a 40 year old...      He has been beat up.  

NFL OLD.        Jeez....  

Ask any GIANT fan...         He was released for a fumble prone rookie........

Whatever..   Go Colts..

Lol what does his history have to do with him being old at 27?

Hello Colts fans,

I'm a big Giants fan that heard Bradshaw was about to sign with the Colts, so I decided to check out a Colts board to get the real story, and perhaps shed some light on Ahmad, the player.We have seen many great runners, from Joe Morris to Rodney Hampton to Tiki Barber. 

First off - AB is one of my favorite football players I've ever watched. He's been a universally-respected lockerroom guy and team leader. His intensity is off the charts. From my seat, he is the toughest player in the NFL. Tom Coughlin has called him the toughest guy he's ever been around. Think about that for a moment - as Coughlin has been in football since the 1950's. This dude's had a bum ankle and a broken foot since he got here, and he runs like an animal - oftentimes behind an offensive line that's getting its butt kicked. Played through a sprained neck last year that would've kept anybody else out for months - and was still seeking out collisions. Fearless pass blocker. Excellent hands, screen and ability to improvise. Frankly, he's been underused in that aspect because Eli does not throw to RBs much. 

Oftentimes TV announcers describe him as small - but he isn't small. He's just short - 5'8". If he was 6' he'd be 235. He is a power back who has an uncanny ability to convert goalline and short yardage situatons. If you need 2 yards, he will get you 2 yards. He has made some ridiculous touchdowns by just out-willing everyone to the end zone. 

The downside to him, at this point, is his inability to practice. He's pretty beat up for 27 years old - it would be wrong to think of him as some kind of physical prime player. (He's not done, either: he had a 200 yard game last year, then ran all over the 49ers the following week @SF.) For the last 2 years, the Giants have practiced him only once a week. He will always say he feels great, but he will have to be managed. He is also a guy that lives life in the fast lane, but at no point has he been a serious character issue either. 

I won';t be shocked when AB is missing practice because of the "boo boo" on his foot...  

I just do not like this sign at all.         IF AB is healthy then he is an asset.     BUT....      

OH Lordy...        perhaps he is brought in for 3 down duty (pass protection)    

I dunno...   I just hope Indy has an angle here I cannot think of..  ??

I think the angle is he is talented, but injury prone...so lets get him for cheap. I don't really see a downside to signing him.

Hello Colts fans,

I'm a big Giants fan that heard Bradshaw was about to sign with the Colts, so I decided to check out a Colts board to get the real story, and perhaps shed some light on Ahmad, the player.We have seen many great runners, from Joe Morris to Rodney Hampton to Tiki Barber. 

First off - AB is one of my favorite football players I've ever watched. He's been a universally-respected lockerroom guy and team leader. His intensity is off the charts. From my seat, he is the toughest player in the NFL. Tom Coughlin has called him the toughest guy he's ever been around. Think about that for a moment - as Coughlin has been in football since the 1950's. This dude's had a bum ankle and a broken foot since he got here, and he runs like an animal - oftentimes behind an offensive line that's getting its butt kicked. Played through a sprained neck last year that would've kept anybody else out for months - and was still seeking out collisions. Fearless pass blocker. Excellent hands, screen and ability to improvise. Frankly, he's been underused in that aspect because Eli does not throw to RBs much. 

Oftentimes TV announcers describe him as small - but he isn't small. He's just short - 5'8". If he was 6' he'd be 235. He is a power back who has an uncanny ability to convert goalline and short yardage situatons. If you need 2 yards, he will get you 2 yards. He has made some ridiculous touchdowns by just out-willing everyone to the end zone. 

The downside to him, at this point, is his inability to practice. He's pretty beat up for 27 years old - it would be wrong to think of him as some kind of physical prime player. (He's not done, either: he had a 200 yard game last year, then ran all over the 49ers the following week @SF.) For the last 2 years, the Giants have practiced him only once a week. He will always say he feels great, but he will have to be managed. He is also a guy that lives life in the fast lane, but at no point has he been a serious character issue either. 

Right On time...

Great call...  and SPOT ON>>>

Hello Colts fans,

Right On time...

Great call...  and SPOT ON>>>

If it was another position I might be worried about being limited in practice, but he's a running back meh.

This is true...  but after 2 games of starting carries Bradshaw is NOT practicing for the REST Of The SEASON.    He has a foot that simply is damaged goods.         He is a SPOT duty back.    At this point in time.  

Ballard is better,   Brown is a ?  and Bradshaw is a ?   if the money is right I guess it's ok but ....  

DO NOT EXPECT A BRADSHAW TO START FOR Indianapolis.     and last.

Yes for sure durability is a question. But don't forget that Brown is not exactly Walter Peyton either.He has had his share of injuries also. I mean ... let's be realistic , he a talented guy that will be a nice addition but we don't know how much he can contribute due to the injury history. 

Bottom line (IMO) ... could be very great in our offense but there is a reason that this "appears" to be the first real interest in him since he hit the market. Maybe it's because he was looking for starting money and a commitment from a team to be the No. 1 and now he's going to take the best situation offered. Or maybe it's because most teams think the foot is just too much to deal with. We shall see....

Since when does Brown have fumbling issues?

No brown doesn't, but I was saying all our RB's combined. Meaning browns injury proneness and Ballard/Carter fumble issues.

Edit: I can see where the 'he' could have been seen as meaning brown. I meant Bradshaw, sorry for the confusion.