Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's surprising, I didn't think that was the case

He seemed to disappear when he signed with SF in 2012. Less than 10 carries , but had a decent 2011 with he Giants and was a good back previous to that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Just read it within the last two hours.  Now I have to try and find it.  It wouldn’t be a give away.  Just saying their relationship should help facilitate a deal.   That’s just human nature.  Ballard always has said it has to be a win win.
    • This. For me this is the full story. I think you nailed it.    Chris Ballard was very picky about what job he took. The demand for his services ran sky high. He came to Indy because we had Andrew Luck. There's no doubt in my mind about that. There isnt a GM out there who doesnt consider these factors. We had Luck, we have an owner who's known for giving folks a free hand, opens up the checkbook, and overall Colts fans are amenable compared to some other fanbases.    That QB left and Ballard had to deal with a truth  that most GMs know. Without a readymade QB, you're going to suffer quite a bit. I think if we didnt have Luck, Ballard doesnt take the Colts job. Now, the story is Luck left the front office blindsided but that isnt necessarily true. There were murmurs for more than a year that he was considering walking. The people who saw him all the time knew how his mind was wired, they also saw what the pain was doing to the kid. I'd argue that from 2018, they could have traded that asset but i totally understand why or how you dont do that. Especially not in Indy where we'd moved on from 18 only to see him go to multiple SBs. So i will grant Ballard 2018. However since then there have been elite QBs drafted. It's all a matter of how you think of the draft and what your strategic decisions are.  All that to say we are where we are because of strategic choices made by Chris Ballard, and he has said as much.   We chose to roll with veterans which highlights a bit of a win-now mentality, and as far as results, the 1st vet retired as well which put us behind the 8 ball again. Then the next vet has proven why his old team drafted a young QB and gave him the job. So here we are looking again, and we're seeing all kinds of names mentioned but honestly if i'm CB the only question i want to know is whether Rodgers or Russ will be available. If the answer is no, then you sit your butt down and roll with Wentz again, load up on as many skill positions as possible, then go get a rookie QB in the QB-rich 23 class while hoping Wentz can stay injury free and maybe produce one more win than he did this year.   We are where we are because Ballard made choices, the options at the time may not have been extremely pleasant to him but you have to make HARD choices as a GM and every choice he's made has been met with risks that have all come true. From Luck retiring (not a shocker if you followed closely and for someone on the inside certainly couldn't have been as big a splash as the media made it out to be), to Rivers retiring (not a shocker), to Wentz cratering (not a shocker). At this point, i have been made to understand that CB is rolling with a different standard of risk appreciation. I think he will be more aggressive about pursuing a top QB but unfortunately, i dont think we see that until 2023.
    • We had to give a 1st and 3rd for Wentz while eating a 98 million dollar contact coming off a season where he got benched but Carr on an expiring deal who everyone claims is better than wentz will only cost us 2 second round picks?  
    • One of his receivers on the Raiders is also a FA:  Zay Jones.  He looked good Saturday.  Very fast.  His projected new contract two years 12m.  Affordable.
    • Where did you read this?   Link, please!      And we’d have no advantage.   Dodds can’t be viewed as giving away the Raiders most tradable asset for a bargain price to a longtime friend.   Adds are, the Raiders will get more than two 2’s for Carr.   
  • Members

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 7,891

• buccolts

buccolts 2,997

• JPPT1974

JPPT1974 862

• The Old Crow

The Old Crow 888

• indyagent17

indyagent17 1,093

• richard pallo