Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ja'Crispy

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Don't need him. He is young, but he is injured often. I'm fine with our RBs as of now. They aren't superstars, but they get the job done

I like this news. I'm fine with signing him, and getting rid of Carter.

When healthy, I'd argue there isn't a more complete running back in the league. I would LOVE this signing.

Don't need him. He is young, but he is injured often. I'm fine with our RBs as of now. They aren't superstars, but they get the job done

Not like he would cost anything

Not earth shattering. I have questions about his ability to stay on the field. But if healthy, he's better than every back we have (and I'm not the "we need better backs!" guy). I would think this would be a move that's made if someone gets hurt, or if we don't like the way the backfield is performing after minicamp.

Very nonplussed about this. Let's see if anything happens.

As always though, I love the way Ryan Grigson is always working to improve the roster.

So, Havili is not the true reason why we are happy at RB, this clinches it!!! :)

Boooooooooooooooooommmm!.......Grigson is reading my posts.. Where are all the "We don't need another Runningbackites" now??????

So, Havili is not the true reason why we are happy at RB, this clinches it!!! :)

Never said he was....lmao..I simply asked the question cause we need help, and it's obvious..

Never said he was.... lmao..I simply asked the question cause we need help, and it's obvious..

We did plenty to help the run game in adding offensive linemen. That's where the real help was needed. Adding another back is a luxury at this point, and if our line isn't much improved, it won't make a difference.

If Bradshaw proves to be healthy, this move could be a potential gem. Ill tell you this, he is miles ahead of Brown for sure. Ballard, on the other hand, has a lot more room to show that he is a great back.

I vote yes on this move.

How is he injury prone you guys? I thought he only got injured once and that was last season right?

I mean he was the main RB for the Giants. Body took a beating can't blame him for that. But if we sign him that's a nice rotation and Carter is now definitely in major danger of being cut

Wait. We don't like DB because he's injury prone, so we're gunna get all giddy about looking at another injury prone RB?

Heck, why not but someone would have to go, maybe even 2 because we drafted a RB and a FB. That's 3 new running backs if we sign Bradshaw, on top of the 3 we had last year.

I see it like this...

If he is better than who we have on our roster now, then bring him in and release the weaker player. We'd upgrade our roster this way.

As for the RB position, like many, I project Carter may be the player released, leaving us with Ballard, DB, Bradshaw, and possibly K. Williams-- including at fullback, Havili. We'd be set.

I see it like this...

If he is better than who we have on our roster now, then bring him in and release the weaker player. We'd upgrade our roster this way.

As for the RB position, like many, I project Carter may be the player released, leaving us with Ballard, DB, Bradshaw, and possibly K. Williams-- including at fullback, Havili. We'd be set.

Most of us aren't fully familiar with the guys on the roster right now, especially deep on the depth chart. I haven't spent any time finding out what Denodus O'Bryant is about, but I figure he's behind Carter for sure.

That would bring our current total to 8

Brown

Ballard,

Carter

Meggett

Moore

O'Bryant

Williams

Bradshaw if we signed him

I think 4 make it at most

Ballard

Williams

Brown

Bradshaw if healthy and we signed him

with 1 making the PS.......Dan Moore because he is a power back and can replace Carter as well as fill in as lead blocker while letting Havili come in on passing downs

If Bradshaw proves to be healthy, this move could be a potential gem. Ill tell you this, he is miles ahead of Brown for sure. Ballard, on the other hand, has a lot more room to show that he is a great back.

I vote yes on this move

He would be a great addition and would give us a nice 1, 2 punch with Ballard.

I love it! We need help at rb.. I don't know what some of you are thinking. He can run inside and outside... Block... And he is a proven guy WITH A RING! He fits ! SIGN HIM!

Wait. We don't like DB because he's injury prone, so we're gunna get all giddy about looking at another injury prone RB?

Ahh yes, but there is one major difference for most posters on here, namely that Bradshaw isn't called "Donald Brown". 

this could spell the end for brown. him and bradshaw are basically the same back, but bradshaw is a better running between the tackles and blocker

I called for this signing last month eager to see if it happens. I believe he has only missed 2 professional games due to injury. Biggest worry IMO is ball security but believe he fixed this issue.

Well, if anything, this would still be an improvement over DB. 

Both have injury issues, as you've pointed out, so that's a wash, although it can be debated in Bradshaw's case. One has a reputation for being a good runner, a good runner between the tackles, and a good pass blocker, all when healthy (Bradshaw). The other (DBrown) doesn't really have much of a reputation throughout the league aside from possibly being a bust as a first round pick. It's unfortunate, but Brown really hasn't established himself at all.

Let's put it this way. If Brown played for some other team, we would have no fear facing him as an opponent. We're just attached to him emotionally because he's a Colt and every year we hope is the year that he has a break out season. I know... I know, about the O-line issues that we've had.

I like this news. I'm fine with signing him, and getting rid of Carter.

more like this would mean bye bye brown. ballard bradshaw williams. havilli means bye bye carter

That would bring our current total to 8

Brown

Ballard,

Carter

Meggett

Moore

O'Bryant

Williams

Bradshaw if we signed him

I think 4 make it at most

Ballard

Williams

Brown

Bradshaw if healthy and we signed him

with 1 making the PS.......Dan Moore because he is a power back and can replace Carter as well as fill in as lead blocker while letting Havili come in on passing downs

i cant see us carrying 4 backs especially if we plan to have a fb on the roster

i cant see us carrying 4 backs especially if we plan to have a fb on the roster

I see four including a fullback.

more like this would mean bye bye brown. ballard bradshaw williams. havilli means bye bye carter

Not super opposed to that either.

I see four including a fullback.

Honest question: How many did we carry last year? 

I recall:

Brown

Ballard

Carter

Moore

Karim?

Anyone else that was on the active roster?  That seems to be a lot for a team that ran the ball 39% of the time.

That would be awesome honestly. He's got a big time game. Obviously not without flaws, but great for competition at the RB position.

When healthy, Bradshaw is a top 10 RB in the league has great vision and pass blocking. The problem is he's always injured which is why the Giants released him. He would be a huge upgrade over Brown backing up Ballard. If we sign Bradshaw i think Brown will be expendable and will be cut. Our RB roster will be Ballard,Bradshaw,Williams, and Dan Moore on the practice squad.