Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

Wrong delone carter is the one that will be getting cut off thank god when that happens

I'll take D. Brown over Delone Carter all day.  At least we know Brown has the speed to take one to the house on occasion.  I am still waiting for the first big play from Delone Carter.  He was brought in to be a short yardage back but has disappointed in that role in my opinion and he also has problems holding on to the football.  A back field of Ballard, Bradshaw and Brown sounds pretty good to me.  Introducing Andrew Luck and The Killa B's.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Vaughn isn't that bad for a dime back/back up.

Davis,Toler,Butler, are guarantees and Price and Swanson looked great at camp.  We traded for Gordy most likely he'll stay as well, Vaughn will be the odd man out because we aren't going to carry more then 6 CB's.

Davis,Toler,Butler, are guarantees and Price and Swanson looked great at camp. We traded for Gordy most likely he'll stay as well, Vaughn will be the odd man out because we aren't going to carry more then 6 CB's.

Just cause we traded for Gordy doesn't mean he automatically stays. We traded for Vaughn too I do believe

Davis,Toler,Butler, are guarantees and Price and Swanson looked great at camp.  We traded for Gordy most likely he'll stay as well, Vaughn will be the odd man out because we aren't going to carry more then 6 CB's.

Get back to me when they look good in training camp.....not the shorts and helmet OTAs. Hopefully they can beat him out, but I'm not counting on it.

When Gordy was on the field he played well as a dime CB. Vaughn had his chances he was bad every game he played in.

We'll see what happens. I personally hope we keep Gordy cause he has dreads. Certain hairstyles bring out talent in player's (TK's superstition haha)

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw are negotiating a contract, and it "looks like a deal will get done."

Bradshaw is in Indy at this very moment. The Indianapolis Star also believes the Colts' interest in the 27-year-old is "serious," not routine tire-kicking. The fit couldn't be better. The Colts' backfield lacks talent, and Bradshaw could easily take over lead-back duties from Vick Ballard. Bradshaw is perfect for OC Pep Hamilton's West Coast offense as a supreme blocker and pass catcher. We could hear something by the end of the night.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

Nice highlight reel TK85, but you have to remember 1 thing: Don't fall in love with a players previous great RB execution. GMs & the medical staff must pay him only for what Bradshaw can do now on the field.

I fall into this trap too sometimes myself my friend. :thmup:

I'm already aware SW. But doesn't hurt to look at "what could be" haha

Here's a little bit of info so none of you deprive yourselves of sleep tonight haha

@mchappell51: Agreement between #colts, RB Ahmad Bradshaw might not happen until Friday. Was told there were details to be worked out.

I've gotta wake up at 5 a.m. and lift, then go to work, I'm not losing sleep. :sleepy:

Right now Bradshaw is better RB  then Ballard for at least  the next 2 years. I know both will split carries but if Bradshaw is healthy week 1 will he start over Ballard?

Yes. Only reason I think VB doesnt start is familiarity with the system, if thats possible after one season lol.

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw are negotiating a contract, and it "looks like a deal will get done."

Bradshaw is in Indy at this very moment. The Indianapolis Star also believes the Colts' interest in the 27-year-old is "serious," not routine tire-kicking. The fit couldn't be better. The Colts' backfield lacks talent, and Bradshaw could easily take over lead-back duties from Vick Ballard. Bradshaw is perfect for OC Pep Hamilton's West Coast offense as a supreme blocker and pass catcher. We could hear something by the end of the night.

What doesn't anyone like Ballard? I think Ballard had amazing year last year and will be even better this year with a better offensive line. 

If they sign him does this mean Donald Brown will be cut? Bradshaw is definitely a number one running back....

What doesn't anyone like Ballard? I think Ballard had amazing year last year and will be even better this year with a better offensive line. 

I personally like Ballard a lot. But think Bradshaw would be a great pick-up if he stays healthy. I still think Ballard would have lead role with Bradshaw still getting a lot of carries(60/40 split between them). Probably cut Carter.

I personally like Ballard a lot. But think Bradshaw would be a great pick-up if he stays healthy. I still think Ballard would have lead role with Bradshaw still getting a lot of carries(60/40 split between them). Probably cut Carter.

I think Carter was going to be cut anyway.  This is more on Brown.  If Williams makes the team, there's no way we're keeping 4 RBs and a FB.  Brown would be odd man out IMO.

I think Carter was going to be cut anyway.  This is more on Brown.  If Williams makes the team, there's no way we're keeping 4 RBs and a FB.  Brown would be odd man out IMO.

Bradshaw, Ballard, Brown, Havili. How would Brown be odd man out?

We kept 4 rb's and a FB last year  but I think Carter was gone anyway and like you say this probably puts Browns job in doubt at the very least

I can't see Williams making the team over Brown as a 7th round pick... Especially with this being a contract year for DB. It would be too easy to stash Williams on the PS... He'd be pretty safe there, IMO, but I wouldn't trust him at this point to be the change of pace back... no experience and not really an NFL body... I'd need to see some evidence before I see him as more than just a speedy return guy...

I can't see Williams making the team over Brown as a 7th round pick... Especially with this being a contract year for DB. It would be too easy to stash Williams on the PS... He'd be pretty safe there, IMO, but I wouldn't trust him at this point to be the change of pace back... no experience and not really an NFL body... I'd need to see some evidence before I see him as more than just a speedy return guy...

who else do you expect to KR? besides williams is just as much a home run hitter as brown at cheaper the cost. there is nothing brown does that our other backs cant. might as well just trade him.

your forgetting williams

I'm not.

At this point, I'd take Brown over Williams, if I were forced to choose. Not sure Williams has the body to be an NFL running back, and I wouldn't want him on the field on third down because he can't pass block. His major contribution this year would be special teams, and I don't know that we'd get rid of someone who can play three downs in favor of a return man.

I'm rooting for Williams, but he'd be out before Brown. As of right now.

AS much as I like Brown and Ballard, they'd sit a lot behind Bradshaw..

two 1,000-yard years......a guy in his prime...catches a lot of passes, too...

/////playing most games indoors or in warm weather..he might do even better..

Dont let him leave town...

For that matter, dont let Kimberly Jones leave town either...