Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ja'Crispy

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

@nflnetwork: Per @KimJonesSports: It's not done yet... but it looks like Colts, Bradshaw are going to get a deal done.

found this on pft,

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw are negotiating a contract, and it "looks like a deal will get done."

Bradshaw is in Indy at this very moment. The Indianapolis Star also believes the Colts' interest in the 27-year-old is "serious," not simply just tire-kicking. The fit couldn't be any better. The Colts' backfield lacks talent, and Bradshaw could easily come in and take over lead-back duties from Vick Ballard. Bradshaw is perfect for OC Pep Hamilton's West Coast offense as a supreme blocker and pass catches. We could hear something by the end of the night.

I would love this move, as long as the guy can stay healthy. I doubt he's going to break the bank at all, the guy probably just wants to play.

Hmmmmm...looks like we are going to sign him...

From Rotoworld:

Report: Colts, Bradshaw negotiating contract

NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw are negotiating a contract, and it "looks like a deal will get done."
Source: NFL Around the League
Jun 6 - 4:21 PM

I like this, regardless of what everyone thinks of Ballard it was one season.  Donald Brown well were really still waiting, and Carter I like him but still none of these guys are as good as Bradshaw when he is healthy and if we only use him as a part time back to share carries with Ballard than this would give us a very nice backfield.  I have watched a lot of Giants game as my wife is a Giants fan and one of my best friends is a Giants fan, the guy is a beast.

So risk v reward like everything in the NFL if he comes at the right price I so take a flyer just build insurance into the deal.

GO Colts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this would be a good signing but i tend to disagree that bradshaw will take the lead-back duties away from ballard...

This is a great insurance policy...and an ideal fit for Bradshaw, he doesnt have to be the man. RB by committee is how you do it now...Im happy about this

this would be a good signing but i tend to disagree that bradshaw will take the lead-back duties away from ballard...

I doubt that Bradshaw would but the article state that he "could easily" take over which is not a stretch by any means.

Uh Oh, Mods get ready....... this could beat that WR thread easily if this deal happens :cheer:

:popcorn:

Alright, whose gonna post the 1st Bradshaw highlight reel. I would but I kinda suck at posting vids. :(

haha, I don't think my phone let's me do it so It won't be me

EDIT: Never mind; I can do it. Yay for TK! :yahoo:

Honestly you guys are overrating his "injury plaguedness" The guy only missed 2 games last year, and has been very healthy when compared to other NFL players. In my mind if we sign him he would be competing for the starting job and i believe that he would win it fairly easily from Ballard. 

I agree.  Even when Bradshaw has played injured, he has still been pretty productive. 

Uh Oh, Mods get ready....... this could beat that WR thread easily if this deal happens :cheer:

:popcorn:

Not really. The prospect of getting Victor Cruz or Fitz or any of the other WR we could conjure up is far more exciting than actually signing a steal of a running back who immediately makes that position group better.

Dreams are sexier than reality.

Now the REAL question is........

Who's gonna be the FIRST member to complain about Ahmad Bradshaw taking Dallas Clark's number if we do sign him?

Hmmmmm lol

This would be awesome. Hope Grigs gets it done. Even just to spell Ballard, but honestly, Bradshaw can challenge to start for 1-2 more seasons.

Not really. The prospect of getting Victor Cruz or Fitz or any of the other WR we could conjure up is far more exciting than actually signing a steal of a running back who immediately makes that position group better.

Dreams are sexier than reality.

It could still be like a 20 page thread maybe longer if we sign him

I don't see what all the hype is about...Bradshaw is not that great...he would just be another cog in the rotation.

I don't see what all the hype is about...Bradshaw is not that great...he would just be another cog in the rotation.

Bradshaw is a top 10 runningback when healthy.

Bradshaw's injury prone label is not due to how many games he misses, just that he always seems to be dinged up.. That being said.. I like him over Carter, but wouldn't replace Donald with him because we need a reliable change of pace... I like the idea of fielding Ballard, Brown, and Bradshaw with Williams returning kicks and one of the FB's in on some packages, but we would have to get rid of Carter (or a FB) to make roster room.

I sure hope big AB still represents the big #44 that's if McNary doesn't make the team or gives it up..

Love this idea.  If we don't have to spend to much.  Could cut brown.  And Bradshaw could be a good compliment to Ballard.  A proven back.  Who ran for over 1000 last year.  Yes please

I might not have to say "I miss Edge" 10 times a game now. :banana:

He is better then brown or carter.  Put him with Ballard.  And we could have one of the top rb's in the league.  Esp with our new line.

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral

Bradshaw to Colts all but done. He wants to play for a contender and they want him on the team. Very team friendly contract as well

nice. bye bye brown

Bradshaw is a top 10 runningback when healthy.

jesus christ settle down if he was that good he would have been signed ages ago. 

jesus christ settle down if he was that good he would have been signed ages ago.

Not necessarily.

He has durability issues. Check the stats. He averaged 4.6 YPC, didn't drop a single pass, and gave up 5 pass pressures when blocking.

Duh, it called Building the Monster. Remember?