Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warhorse .. I have owned A Bradshaw for several years in fantasy...  and i can tell you he NEVER practices after week 3 or so..

He could be a very solid spot backup.   But he cannot hold up to the beating of an NFL starting / or split carry situation RB.

He is "supposedly"  a GREAT leader on the team so I am hoping he is depth and leadership ...    

Which never hurts either to have.

I think its a moot point as far as injury goes, He wont likely be called on to be an every down Back, He will likely share carries with Ballard if signed, I look for this to be a 1-2 year deal at most

I am HOPING this is *.

Bradshaw is a GREAT talent...  but he has a chronic foot issue.     and it is not going away..

I will be shocked if Indy signs AB.    It's just not a need area.

I agree with that John ,we have no need of an often injured rb.

Yes for sure durability is a question. But don't forget that Brown is not exactly Walter Peyton either.He has had his share of injuries also. I mean ... let's be realistic , he a talented guy that will be a nice addition but we don't know how much he can contribute due to the injury history. 

Bottom line (IMO) ... could be very great in our offense but there is a reason that this "appears" to be the first real interest in him since he hit the market. Maybe it's because he was looking for starting money and a commitment from a team to be the No. 1 and now he's going to take the best situation offered. Or maybe it's because most teams think the foot is just too much to deal with. We shall see....

are you sure that's not Shredder's Clan from TMNT? lol

If we sign Bradshaw our current roster of Backs would be in no particular order

Bradshaw

Carter

Brown

Ballard

O'Bryant

Moore

Meggett

Williams

If we sign Bradshaw that gives us to definite Backs that will make the team, Ballard and Bradshaw...Next you have 6 other Backs

Brown

O'Bryant

Moore

Meggett

Wlliams

Carter

Now thats 2 power Backs in Moore and Carter(or 3rd down Backs, I think Carter gets cut) and 4 scat backs, Browns cap hit if he is on the roster come week 1 would be 2.7 mill...for what looks to be a backup who cant stay healthy...Not a ton of money in football terms but we have 3 other Backs who offer what he does skill wise vs 2 power Backs.....If any one of those other scat backs learn the playbook with no prior injury history and show the skills at camp that they did on film then I think Brown is on the outside looking in which would leave

Ballard

Williams

Bradshaw

O'Bryant

Meggett(who I think will get cut anyway, just to many other Backs offer what he does)

Moore

Well Moore offers you a player that can play more then 1 position, FB and RB so I think he stays if were looking for versatility, We drafted Williams so I think he would get the nod over a player with a similar skill set as him if he shows what he showed on film. so he makes the team under my example: so we have the folowing Backs on the team under my example:

Ballard

Bradshaw

Moore

Williams

O'Bryant

So I think you have Moore, O'Bryant, Williams fighting for 2 spots, with Moore winning 1 do to his versatility (giving us 2 power backs in Ballard and Moore) and 1 scat back spot up for grabs who I think Williams will get the edge do to being drafted if he shows what he showed on film so....

Bradshaw

Ballard

Moore

Williams

with possibly O'Bryant landing on the PS

Hopefully that makes sense, I went on and on a bit......Long story short.....2 power backs....2 scat backs

Thanks for writing War and Peace,  the Colts football edition....

But, in all of that,  you somehow managed to leave off Havili in every version....

Time to recalibrate...

how much do you think a return man is worth?

and i can't think of anyone else on our roster better suited to return for us

Not saying you don't have a point, but we do have Vaughn, Brazill, and Hilton as 3 returners off the top of my head. Vaughn would make a lot so sense too if he makes the team. Won't start so he'll need to have an effect on special teams.

Not real families with his injuries. Has he missed a bunch of games every year? Or has it been lately?

He's missed 6 games the last 2 years and 11 over his entire career. He's constantly gets nicked up and misses practices, but people here are acting like he lands on IR every year.

Old Rotoworld reports, but still worth a look: (uh ohhhh)

Feb 2, 2013:

Despite the "minor" scope, yet another foot surgery is yet another red flag on Bradshaw's chronically injured feet. The latest procedure replaced a screw in his right foot. Bradshaw has now undergone three separate surgeries on his right foot, in addition to a left foot operation and surgeries on both ankles. The buildup of all the surgeries is an obvious concern for the 27-year-old's outlook. We expect 2012 first-round pick David Wilson to receive every opportunity to replace Bradshaw as the Giants' feature back in 2013 training camp. After the season, Bradshaw said he wasn't even convinced he'd be back in New York at his scheduled $3.75 million salary.

Source: Jenny Vrentas on Twitter

Feb 5, 2013:

Ahmad Bradshaw's latest right foot procedure replaced a smaller screw with a larger one.The original screw was implanted following the 2009 season, but a 2011 fracture and 2012 bone bruise complicated matters. There are fractures -- plural -- now requiring a larger screw to hold them together. "It was giving me a little bit of problems, and now I feel a whole lot better," Bradshaw said, which is no departure from what he claims every offseason. "I just went through too much this year." Bradshaw expects to be able to put weight on his foot this week and be cleared for workouts in eight weeks. He'll carry a ton of red flags into his age-28 season.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Since we seem to be acquiring players who have recurring foot issues, does anyone know whether there are any manufacturers out there that make orthotic boots in speed blue? It's always good to know these things well in advance..... Let's hope for the best.

He's missed 6 games the last 2 years and 11 over his entire career. He's constantly gets nicked up and misses practices, but people here are acting like he lands on IR every year.

This board tends to freak out if someone has been injured in their career.

It's just too early. I'm saying that, right now, Brown is the better player, and as such, I'd think we'd keep him over Williams. If Williams has a great camp -- not decent, not good, but great -- then he leapfrogs Brown on the depth chart. But that would mean that he shows an ability to run hard, he catches the ball well, and he pass blocks well. And I don't know about all of that.

course brown is the better player. williams hasnt done anything, but heres a thought brown wasnt drafted by this regime so they have zero attachment and I think that will give williams the edge.

I have no problem with the signing. I think you can never have too many bargain players. I think Ballard is great, I just don't think he's a game buster. I think with split carries, we could see an amazing offense. A good running game is a qb's best friend. You could probably ask Peyton how much Edge, and Marshall Faulk helped him. There is no reason not to like this signing. The fact that Bradshaw has lasted this long probably means a cheap contract and a hungry player with a chip on his shoulder.

Thanks for writing War and Peace,  the Colts football edition....

But, in all of that,  you somehow managed to leave off Havili in every version....

Time to recalibrate...

Havili looks to be the FB

Anybody that thinks Williams is out is nutso.  He costs almost nothing, has huge upside and will contribute on the field a great deal, even if it is only as a return guy.  You simply can't have too many guys with his rare speed.

DB isn't going to see the field at all, baring injury, has little upside at this point, as he has had several years to show what he has, and the Colts free up $1.7 million in cap space by letting him go.  That money is going to be needed after Bradshaw's contract is added against the cap.

Not good, but not hideous either.

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports talks between the Colts and free agent Ahmad Bradshaw have reached a "stalemate."

"Contract described earlier as close to done now may not be," added Jones. Bradshaw may be looking for too much money. If so, he isn't going to find the cash anywhere. Bradshaw missed the big money while he was recovering from foot surgery early on in the free-agent process. We should know more on Friday.

Havili looks to be the FB

Yes.......

Look at the post you first responded to....   Havili was in that group.

And Moore looks to be a back-up fullback,  but you included him....

If you're talking about how many RB's will be on the roster,  it's important to include fullbacks.

Just as if you were responding to a post on how many WR's will make the final roster,  you wouldn't only list the split ends and not the flankers.    They're all wide receivers...

Not sure why he would squander re-establishing his value with a solid offensive team with a good chance at a playoff run.

I think your post sums it up best....

And I suspect that's our sales pitch....  and I suspect it's the same one we used to bring in DHB...     and I expected we're saying it again to AB....

Hopefully he takes the night to think it over and sign.   But I won't be surprised if he leaves without signing in the hopes that someone offers more....

You can lead a horse to water,  but you can't make him....  (well, you know)    you can lead a free agent to a contract,  but you can't make him sign....

Either way we had 6 last year(5 running backs and Hughes was labeled our FB)

Ballard

Brown

Carter

Karim

Moore

Hughes

So I can see 4 running backs and Havili as our FB making the active roster

Ballard

Dan Moore

Williams

Bradshaw(if signed if not then Brown stays)

and Havili as our FB

5 total with

Carter cut

Meggett cut

Brown cut if we sign Bradshaw

O'Bryant cut or put on PS