Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But again, banged up though he may be, and specific games aside, there's the two 1,000-yard seasons which is 2 more than anyone we now have has..

behind a line the likes of which nobody we now have has ever seen, even if Giants fans want to call it a crummy one.

I think if Indy hold out he will eventually sign. Some money is better than no money.

Pitt fans prolly felt the same way.  Remember he did this same dance with them a couple weeks ago.  He still thinks he deserves a big contract.  I hope we get him.  But I dont feel he is worth more then 5 mill per year.  Until he proves he can stay healthy.  

I'm already aware SW. But doesn't hurt to look at "what could be" haha

I'm reminded of that line in "The Matrix" when Neo goes to visit the Oracle & Morpheus, his mentor, believes that his apprentice can destroy the Matrix & the Oracle says something like "intense belief in something is like falling in love for the 1st time. No one can tell you you're in love you just know it."

Translation: Steadfast confidence in a team, organization, or player is a good thing even when people think you are nuts. Dig your heels in & stand up for your convictions never shy away from them TK85 even if you are wrong down the line. Why? People respect resolve & intestinal fortitude especially amid opposition simply because it means you follow through on your beliefs & don't change direction like the wind at any moment. 

Don't let me or anyone else change your mind man. I applaud Krunk for his strong support of Bradshaw in INDY too actually...Even though his foot surgeries scare me personally & would make SW1 pass on him. 

I want Bradshaw. The guy runs like a champion, an asset in the passing game, excellent blocker. Just a grinder. You can say what you want about his injuries but Delone Carter wasn't available very much either. And it wasn't always due to injury. At various times he just wasn't the better or most versatile back so he was inactive with scrubs like Mwelde Moore playingover him. If you're not available, you're not available. Whether you're injured or inactive it's the same to me. I'd rather have the guy who if he is on the field he has the ability to change the game. That's not Delone Carter!

If we can get Bradshaw signed, hopfully the trio of Brown, Ballad, and Bradshaw will look something like this. Also hopefully our line will block like this as well!

Indy Star 430 AM edition still says deal is not done......

Who wants to pay Bradshaw's ticket home without a deal....if only to stop this thread from morphing into...................................................... 

Infinity-2.jpg

Krunk, I think the world of your football I.Q. & humor my friend, but availability does matter to me. Yes, Bradshaw is a game changer when healthy but foot issues are debilitating or have the potential to be anyway. Like you said, it all boils down to o-line blocking anyway. Yes, not all backs can hit the hole with precision that's true, but even Bradshaw needs a crease of daylight man. Brent, speaking of "Infinity [& beyond]" I thought that was a Toy Story Buzz Lightyear joke...Okay, it's late & not that funny I will admit...Jesus, how long is that bridge anyway? It reminds me of an optical illusion like the Jags winning the AFC South this year...Yowza Baby! The truth hurts doesn't it Jacksonville? Just Kidding! [Actually not]

Even if the Jags had David Blaine as head coach, no one could imagine them winning more than 4 games this year!

The real Magic trick BHC is keeping their WR Justin Blackmon sober. I hate to see players flushing promising careers down the toilet. It's a cryin' shame really. What's it gonna be booze & broke or cleaned up & cash in the contract dow? I hope Justin makes the right call here. Yeah, you are generous. 4 wins sounds about right. I was thinking 3, but what the hades, I'll round it up to 4. 

Even a deceptive slight of hand under the guidance of David Blaine, isn't gonna make Blaine Gabbert an elite franchise QB. The only worse is NY Jets QB Mark Sanchez. This franchise is so cooked & brunt to a blackened crisp & the preseason hasn't even started yet. I guess changing their mascot logo didn't weave a spell of positive voodoo dust either. Poof...Nothing to see here. Where there's smoke, there isn't always fire...

Like I said before, this thread is like Women

No matter how hard you try, you can just never please them haha

(No offense to our lady members) lol

TK85: I plead the 5th not so much out of self incrimination; more like a survival gesture for my own self preservation.  ;)  I prefer not to pull pins out of symbolic grenades or at least watch the explosion from a safe spousal distance like across the English Channel or distant foreign country.  lmao 

"Hades Hath No Furry Like A Woman Scorned"--William Congreve English Playwright...

Why the constant picking at Bradshaw's Foot injuries?

Don't we have a Linebacker on the CURRENT roster with foot problems? Or that doesn't matter to you guys cause it's not as "serious" as Bradshaw's

Okay, I see now

LBs don't concern me, or to put it another way, they aren't blocking on the o-line & we desperately need to improve our running game this year. I wouldn't call it picking on Bradshaw at all. If you buy a car, do you want it worn down & repair prone or purring like a formula 1 race car? There's nothing wrong with calling into question Bradshaw's ability to stay on the field & I, for one, make zero apologies for that observation too. JMO. Feel free to disagree, you have your stance on Bradshaw & I have mine. 

Also, if Tom Coughlin thinks he's such an asset why isn't he sitting down with GM Jerry Reese trying to woo & lure him back home to the Big Apple Blue? 

Trust me, if NY thinks a RB is so great, they fight tooth & nail to keep him on your active NFL roster & you appeal to every team tactic in the book: Money, more championships, his teammates in the huddle, quality ownership, you don't let him leave period without some serious soul searching & 2nd thoughts...Even if Bradshaw was a free agent or not...that's irrelevant...

The fact that GM Jerry Reese let Bradshaw walk out the door speaks volumes to me & what it says isn't all sunshine & rainbows either. He's knows something unpleasant that we are about to discover ourselves...Just a hunch...

Simply watch some of Bradshaw's highlights then watch Donald Brown's highlights and you can see a huge difference. The main one is that Bradshaw does a great job of bobbing and weaving and that Brown simply runs straight ahead taking anything the defense gives him. It is soo obvious how much we would improve our running game with Bradshaw.

Donald Brown's Highlights: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Svw_zg4gnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply watch some of Bradshaw's highlights then watch Donald Brown's highlights and you can see a huge difference. The main one is that Bradshaw does a great job of bobbing and weaving and that Brown simply runs straight ahead taking anything the defense gives him. It is soo obvious how much we would improve our running game with Bradshaw.

Donald Brown's Highlights: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Svw_zg4gnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donald Brown has highlights? Lol

DB has NEVER had the kind of blocking you see in Bradshaw's highlights. You simply aren't comparing apples to apples. DB might not be as good, but there is NO WAY to determine that based on this video. I will say for sure that DB isn't as willing to play through injuries.

Bradshaw.....Is he good?  Is he serviceable?  Is he worth the money?

Chronic foot problems still scare the old linebacker....I feel we will have a signing by 4 PM tomorrow....Just my Leroy Jethro Gibbs 'Gutt.'  

Grigson:  "Mr. Irsay, do we want to go for the  :lombardi: this year?"

Irsay:  "Ryan, this vodka tonic has me psyched and ready for the best football team we can put out there.  That means YES, my man!"  What do you think Coach?

Pagano:  "It was a beautiful weekend....we need to start off the week right.  Your call...but I am in.  Love the leadership!"

Pags, Grigs, and Irsay:  "OK fellas....press conference at 4 PM...gotta have a spotlight on NFL Live!!!"   Lets go for it!!!"

Go  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!

behind a line the likes of which nobody we now have has ever seen, even if Giants fans want to call it a crummy one.

I'm sorry. We can only use that excuse for Luck. The very poor O-Line is all Brown's fault. Keep up with the program will ya.

I love the way Bradshaw runs, always have. Violent runner very shifty and great at keeping his balance after contact. I want him on the team, if he is still that guy!

I dunno about you but do you think his playing style is similar to Adrian Peterson's?

Tough to compare to Purple Jesus, but there are similarities in how they stay on their feet after solid contact, you better wrap up or else.

Yeah thats true. You could say he's a poor mans AP but a poor mans AP is still a really good player.

Krunk, I think the world of your football I.Q. & humor my friend, but availability does matter to me. Yes, Bradshaw is a game changer when healthy but foot issues are debilitating or have the potential to be anyway. Like you said, it all boils down to o-line blocking anyway. Yes, not all backs can hit the hole with precision that's true, but even Bradshaw needs a crease of daylight man. Brent, speaking of "Infinity [& beyond]" I thought that was a Toy Story Buzz Lightyear joke...Okay, it's late & not that funny I will admit...Jesus, how long is that bridge anyway? It reminds me of an optical illusion like the Jags winning the AFC South this year...Yowza Baby! The truth hurts doesn't it Jacksonville? Just Kidding! [Actually not]

Always good to hear from ya Southwest. The point I was trying to get across is for one thing Bradshaw ran for over 1,000 yards last year even with his foot problems. You can't do that if you're unavailable for several games so it may even be overblown. The second point I was attempting to make is the fact that Delone Carter has been made inactive on more than one occasion, or they just didn't play him. If you're not on the field you can't make a positive impact on the game. Inactivity or injury both ultimately keep you from being on the field. If I had to choose between Carter and Bradshaw, I will take the guy who is proven to make an impact which that guy is Bradshaw. I think his injuries are a concern, but it has yet to be enough of an issue to keep the guy from being able to play a whole bunch. Even when Carter is 100 percent healthy he has not made enough of an impression or impact to make the coaching staff feel comfortable with him as a viable solution.

Are the Colts (Pagano and Pep) wanting a power running game or just wanting to run the ball more often?

Either way I just do not see the personnel (Running backs) on the roster at this time.

Donald Brown is not a power runner or a guy who can carry the load.  What if Vick goes down and DB has to be the #1 back and Carter, Williams or Havili have to be #2?  I believe we have a couple of backs in Carter, Havilli and Williams who can handle some carries but I can not see us counting on Donald to handle the load if VB has to miss some games.

Obvously the Colts do not like the scenario I mentioned and gave AB a look.  Who else is out there (Hillis)?  Will we wait for cuts to get a bigger, better veteran RB. 

Do we have enough talent as of now at RB if Vick is lost for the year?

I believe the Colts are seriously looking for another RB and AB is who they targeted.  Now if AB does not sign with us I believe we will see another RB targeted.

Do you believe if AB does not sign we will go with the running backs on the roster now?

Pitt fans prolly felt the same way.  Remember he did this same dance with them a couple weeks ago.  He still thinks he deserves a big contract.  I hope we get him.  But I dont feel he is worth more then 5 mill per year.  Until he proves he can stay healthy.

5m per year? That would be very generous imo. I might give him half with one year guaranteed.

5m per year? That would be very generous imo. I might give him half with one year guaranteed.

Yup. Steven Jackson and Reggie Bush both got $4m/year.

But I understand why the hold up is over money. Shonn Greene got three years, $10m, with a $2.5m signing bonus, and another $2m guaranteed in base salaries. Rashard Mendenhall got one year, $2.5m. I could see Bradshaw anticipating something multi year, and in the Bush/Jackson realm, based on his numbers last year.

I think maybe we could say three years, $12m, $3m signing bonus, guaranteed $1m base salary in 2013, and another $500k incentivized (games played, yards, touchdowns, whatever). His cap hit in 2013 would be $2.5m. His base salary in 2014 can go fully guaranteed at the beginning of the 2014 league year (like Walden's contract). Then we could release him after this season with a $2m cap penalty, if we don't like how it works out. 

After looking a little closer, those numbers are higher than what I was originally thinking. I was thinking one year, $2m to begin with. But Bradshaw definitely has a case for wanting more than that, and if he's open to a team-friendly structure, he'll probably be able to get it.

But $5m/year is highly unlikely.