Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have the Colts EVER beaten the Steelers?

coltsfansince65

........I know we have but.......In 31 games (regular season & post season) we are 25-6.  Is this the team we have the worst record against?

I have been watching random games on youtube just to past the time & the Steeler games are depressing.

Bert Jones was a great QB but didn't play well against the Steelers. A crucial INT here & killer penalty on the 3 yard line

driving for what would have been a winning score were just a couple of the ones I remember. I'm looking for the time 

when we can run off several victories versus the Steelers.

Just ranting, don't mind the old man here........

6 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Dungy's son committed suicide the week of the playoff game

Nick Harper's wife stabbing him in the leg before the playoff game too

everything that could've gone wrong did. 

ahhh i forgot that was 05, i was thinking that was 04

14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Enemy #1 - Steelers

Enemy #2 - Patriots

Enemy #3 - Jets

Enemy #4 - Chargers

you are my people :hug:

The family has had a hard time accepting our new qb due to the charger history.

We're getting there

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Enemy #1 - Steelers

Enemy #2 - Patriots

Enemy #3 - Jets

Enemy #4 - Chargers

1 - Patriots - This ranking will go down each year without Brady in NE

2 - Texans - They have won the division the past 2 years.   We need to take it back

3 - Titans - We will be competing for the division with them for the next few years

4 - Steelers - They own us

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

I didn't want to "like" your post, but it's so true.  Harper gets tackled by Ben after an INT, right?  Did Vanderjagt have more than a couple misses all year?  We get a bad call our way, but even that didn't help.  It's like the gods made a deal to ride the Bus.  

In all seriousness, Dungy's son was a true tragedy. Much worse than losing a football game.  It's every parents worst nightmare, but Dungy wrote about it in his book, with his usual class and eloquence.  

3 hours ago, iuswingman said:

usa-today-5510502.0.jpg

I vividly remember that emotional-roller-coaster of a play.

I was sitting on the couch with my dad watching the game.  I jumped up off the couch with my arms raised when I thought it was a TD.

Then I fell to my knees when I realized it wasn't...

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Just beating them again is not enough. I want to eliminate them from the post season.  Until I witness my Colts accomplish that I will continue to rage against the black and gold. 

Yeah we had our revenge game against the Pats in the '06 AFCCG to make up for them eliminating us in '03 and '04.  (That 20-3 loss in Foxborough in '04 is still the worst loss for me... that was peak-Peyton breaking Marinos' record and dropping 49 on the Broncos the week before...  :hissy:)

We have yet to get revenge on the Steelers in the playoffs.  :flaming:

6 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Dungys son committed suicide week of regular season game at Seattle.

52 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I vividly remember that emotional-roller-coaster of a play.

I was sitting on the couch with my dad watching the game.  I jumped up off the couch with my arms raised when I thought it was a TD.

Then I fell to my knees when I realized it wasn't...

giphy.gif

Man if there was the ability to challenge then.....Kordel Stewart's td when he stepped out of bounds wouldn't have counted.

4 hours ago, iuswingman said:

usa-today-5510502.0.jpg

Oh man. That is by far my most painful memory as a Colts fan. That was the first year I really watched football (I was 10) and I got really really passionate really really fast. For YEARS I was absolutely convinced Aaron caught it and the ref screwed us. Finally, just a couple years ago, I saw a shot I had never seen before that showed the ball on the ground. That took away the feeling of being cheated but also showed how Aaron really could have come up with that catch (so now I feel just as bad but in a different way haha).

10 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Enemy #1 - Steelers

Enemy #2 - Patriots

Enemy #3 - Jets

Enemy #4 - Chargers

My rankings are this is going by since 1984:

Enemy #1 - Patriots = an easy #1. They were in our division in the AFC East for years, It goes way back. Then the Peyton vs Brady battles. They prevented us from going to the SB in 2003, 2004, and 2014. In 2014, Luck would've been there had it not been for them.

Enemy #2 - Steelers = an easy #2. They prevented us from going to the SB in 1995 and 2005.

Enemy #3 - Texans = #3. I just listed them because they have won our division the last 4 out 5 years = 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019. We have basically own the Titans so until they build up a resume of 5 years of being good like the Texans have, they are MEH to me. Any team can have 1 fluke season like the Jags did in 2017. The Jags are usually the doormat of the division regarding our division.

If you took the Patriots and Steelers out of the equation, we may have won 6 SB's or at least made the SB in reality = 1995, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and even 2014. 

12 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Just beating them again is not enough. I want to eliminate them from the post season.  Until I witness my Colts accomplish that I will continue to rage against the black and gold. 

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

I loved the McAfee  Mathis interview.  Even though it’s a business and guys from different teams are friends, Mathis showed a continued destain for the Pats.  There aren’t many players who spend their entire career with one team and have loyalty like him.

I agree with him, the Pats are #1 in my “I hope they lose every game” book.  Every other team in our division is tied for second.  I only care about the other teams when they affect our standings (and obviously when we play them).

20 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Enemy #1 - Steelers

Enemy #2 - Patriots

Enemy #3 - Jets

Enemy #4 - Chargers

Jets??? Chargers were bigger thorns in our side than the Jets. Jaguars in our division have always been a thorn on our side. How many times have we swept them since Luck was drafted? Twice? They played us tough even during the Peyton days (lost to them in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 etc.), IMO.

These lists of rivals seem to apply to a team that doesn't exist now. And honestly, the Steelers and Pats teams that we share disdain for are about to not exist as constructed for a good part of the last 15/20 years.

This iteration of the Colts' primary rivals are the Texans and Titans. When (if) they put those badies down, then worrying about the rest of the Conference is cool and it's likely going to be Chiefs that keep the Colts and others from doing anything of note.

Stuff like this just reminds me that this team has been in some kind of weird purgatory for a long time now and they managed to squander having an all timer talent at QB doing it. 

43 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jets??? Chargers were bigger thorns in our side than the Jets. Jaguars in our division have always been a thorn on our side. How many times have we swept them since Luck was drafted? Twice? They played us tough even during the Peyton days (lost to them in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 etc.), IMO.

Not in my world. They beat the Colts in 69 in a game that still creates questions....and elevated Namath to the HOF (So many QB's should be there instead of him). But more painfully, they delivered a 41-0 beat down to the Colts in the playoffs in 2003 that was the hardest game I have ever watched as a Colt fan. 

Archived