Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts' greatest need after the draft?

Orioles22

I still see a longterm CB opposite Rock Ya-Sin as a need after this draft, along with a longterm OT to backup both Costanzo and Smith, who could potentially take over at LT when Anthony calls it a career. Also a longterm TE could be helpful at some point as well.

Other than that, I think we are pretty well set and I believe we have the most talented roster in the division, and possibly top 3 roster in the AFC.

I don't think we have room for any more corners. 

27 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

OL depth, DE & CB

My top free agents at each position:

OL - Josh Kline, Kelvin Beacham, Mike Person or Cordy Glenn

DE - Marcus Golden, Clowney or Jabaal Sheard

CB - L. Ryan, P. Amukamara, E. Apple or D. Dennard

We could use a better reserve offensive tackle, but it looks like the long-term answer may not come until next year's draft. We could pick up someone in free agency for this year or when cuts are made in the preseason.
We have plenty of options at corner for 2020 with Rhodes and the other signings, but I also expect that to be addressed in next year's draft.

We need another pass rusher more than anything else if we want to make a run in the playoffs. We have several back-up types but we need to find someone better than Sheard.

Offensive line depth is a concern. I know the Colts line is considered one of the best in the league but that is primarily due to the starters.  Last season, the starting 5 were fortunate not to miss any games due to injury. That was a rare feat and most likely the odds even out this season.  If we were to lose any combination of Castonzo, Kelly or Nelson for a significant amount of time, what was a strength could quickly become neutralized. 

You never have enough pass rushers so adding another DE to get after QB is welcome.  I don’t believe we bring in Clowney though because he is probably out of our price range and is a luxury at this point.

I think we are fine at tight end with Doyle, Burton, Mo Ali Cox, and the FB Nix.

While we have no actual holes for the immediate future, there are plenty of wait and see areas that will likely lead to holes next season. We still need a future LT, we could probably still use a better TE, We could end up still needing a good starting CB, we could still use an elite pass rusher, we could still possibly need a franchise QB. We knew before this draft that we were never going to fix everything. The good new is, that plenty of teams win championships with some areas of their teams still needing help. KC's run game and their pass defense for example, the 49ers passing attack. We can still be great this year even if some areas may leave something to be desired. 

i think we are a little thin on edge rushers.  houston could have a few good years left at 31, but the best one behind him is injured and not really proven 

we might be ok anyway since moore and leonard are such good blitzers.  

I thought many underestimated how the receiving group would be when healthy:

TY and Campbell in particular but you could also argue that a healthy Fountain might be above average 3rd or 4th WR.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Pittman pick but I don’t think they were as bad as some were saying.

When you add Pascal, Hines, Taylor, Mack, Doyle Burton and Cox into the mix, they might be a top five group now. 

7 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

When you add an upgraded QB throwing the ball, Pascal, Hines, Taylor, Mack, Doyle Burton and Cox into the mix, they might be a top five group now. 

Tweaked it for ya. PR will help this group shine even more.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I thought many underestimated how the receiving group would be when healthy:

TY and Campbell in particular but you could also argue that a healthy Fountain might be above average 3rd or 4th WR.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Pittman pick but I don’t think they were as bad as some were saying.

When you add Pascal, Hines, Taylor, Mack, Doyle Burton and Cox into the mix, they might be a top five group now. 

ty is getting old for a wr .   he is on his way out now we have pittman and campbell pascal  . the rest are question marks.

Archived