Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts' greatest need after the draft?

Orioles22

Eason will be signed for several years.

We have a quarterback with a history of success. We don't have a defensive end opposite Houston.

I'm surprised how many people believe a backup offensive tackle who may never play is more important than an edge rusher.

39 minutes ago, Nickster said:

INDY has 0 QBs signed after this season. 

QB is 1a through 1z.

Philip Rivers has said he wants to play for a maximum of two more years. There is no way he would play for a third team in three years. If he still has it and the Colts offer him another one year contract he'll play here again.

Chad Kelly becomes an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. He must sign a one year deal at the league minimum if offered by the Colts.

Jacob Eason was drafted in the fourth round and will sign a four year contract according the the rookie wage scale.

For all intents and purposes the Colts have three quarterbacks after this season.

Jacoby Brissett is the odd man out. He will become a Unrestricted Free Agent and will explore his options. He will find out what the Colts or another team believes he is worth.

QB.

it is the most important position in sports and we don't have one. Without top QB play we'll just win enough to get a #15 to 25 draft pick every year to trade away for multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks. A good team with no real shot at a super bowl is what we are and will continue to be. 

We have 2 average QBS making $40,000,000 combined, that's horrible and will haunt the future of this team. Plus what ever we sign that head case Eason to. So $45,000,000 +/- tied up in QB's who have no history of winning. 

Its a horrible cycle we've been on. Our good established top level players now will be on the down slide of their career when our current development players are good enough to contribute at a top level. 

We're averaging a super bowl win every 26 1/2 years so there cant be very many good arguments for this formula being very successful.  Unless Super Bowls are not our goal. 

sad a christmas story GIF

TE, OT, DL.

TE:  Looks good on the surface with Doyle, Burton, and MAC; but the first two are often dinged up.

OT:  Le'Raven Clark is okay as a backup, but we need at least a swing G/OT on the bench for in-game injury if Clark is starting.

DL:  I'm not a big fan of Autry or Sheard or Lewis.  After Buckner, I think we need a better option than either of those three (assuming Sheard and Lewis get reps inside during rush packages).  Windsor looks interesting.

1 hour ago, fahlman said:

Philip Rivers has said he wants to play for a maximum of two more years. There is no way he would play for a third team in three years. If he still has it and the Colts offer him another one year contract he'll play here again.

Chad Kelly becomes an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. He must sign a one year deal at the league minimum if offered by the Colts.

Jacob Eason was drafted in the fourth round and will sign a four year contract according the the rookie wage scale.

For all intents and purposes the Colts have three quarterbacks after this season.

Jacoby Brissett is the odd man out. He will become a Unrestricted Free Agent and will explore his options. He will find out what the Colts or another team believes he is worth.

A 39 year old, a UDFA with a record, and a 4th round flyer.  

As of right now with technically no QB signed past this season.  Our QB situation is the club’s biggest concern.

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

A 39 year old, a UDFA with a record, and a 4th round flyer.  

As of right now with technically no QB signed past this season.  Our QB situation is the club’s biggest concern.

An experienced quarterback playing for a head coach, offensive coordinator and in a system in which he is familiar.

Incorrect, Chad Kelly was drafted by the Denver Broncos. His record has little to do with his ability to play football. I could fill an all-star team with players who have records.

A "flyer" who many thought possessed first round talent, so we'll see how he works out.

23 minutes ago, fahlman said:

An experienced quarterback playing for a head coach, offensive coordinator and in a system in which he is familiar.

Incorrect, Chad Kelly was drafted by the Denver Broncos. His record has little to do with his ability to play football. I could fill an all-star team with players who have records.

A "flyer" who many thought possessed first round talent, so we'll see how he works out.

Sorry you are right Chad Kelley was the last pick in the draft I think.  

19 hours ago, CR91 said:

We have to see how our young pass rushers do. You don't draft three DEs in two years for no reason.

I'd rather see how they do as second-teamers this year and then perhaps move up.

The reason for me is clear - trying to win a championship.

1 hour ago, fahlman said:

Honestly  can't  say qb until we see how Eason does or if kelly has improved.  

Archived