Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok Oakland next on the list, any thoughts on this game ?

horseshoecrabs

Ok , 

The Raiders are the last game before the bye? right? Any thoughts on how we might measure up to them? They are struggling .It would be great if we could put it to Chuckie! That would be great going in to the bye.  I hope we can put it to Chuckie big time. That would be a great way to go into the bye before we face Jaguars at home, later.

This team can't look past any team in this league.  So I'm not sure "easy" comes to mind here.  But if they play well, the Colts will have a good chance to get a W.  If not, they will get beat.  Oakland does have a superior roster, but they aren't playing like it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm still in my research mode on the Raiders.  I need another day to post how i think the game will go. But on the surface, it looks like another game Indy should blow out win.

research mode?   Are you watching all the games they have played?

I think every game the rest of the way is a toss up for the colts.   Hopefully the bills game gave everyone confidence.   If we stay healthy,   I think we win more than we lose down the stretch

• Like 2

It helps immensely that we're starting to get healthy again. Luck's better than ever, Hilton's back, Marlon Mack attack, Darius Leonard still fine after that one-game scare, and then yea got a convincing win under our belt to build from. No more excuses.

Oakland has playmakers for sure, however it hasn’t translated on to the field. There’s some tension in the air as now both Mack and Cooper are gone. 

To win, we should follow a similar pattern from last week. Run, run, run! Control the clock, and keep the defense well rested. Give Andrew plenty of protection and he’ll reward the team with another stellar multiple touchdown performance. 

Winning on the road is tough for any team in the NFL. The Raiders locker room is restless, worried and desperate. The game could go either way. If we were at home I’d feel better!

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

research mode?   Are you watching all the games they have played?

I think every game the rest of the way is a toss up for the colts.   Hopefully the bills game gave everyone confidence.   If we stay healthy,   I think we win more than we lose down the stretch

Not entirely.  But i'm going to watch their scoring drives, and a lot of defensive plays.  This should give me an idea how they would match up man-man vrs our team. (like i did with Buffalo.)

Carr isnt playing great but he is completing a career high 71% of his passes. He may complete 80% against us, we just need to tackle well and limit YAC. Their defense is slow and lacks playmakers, we should move the ball against them. I expect a high scoring shootout of a game.

Both their run D and pass D are in the bottom 11 in the league. Would love T.Y. to roast Melvin for one. :thmup:

They do like to get a lot of YAC, so limiting YAC will be key, and we could use a second consecutive week of sound fundamentals on D.

• Like 1

It's another game we should win IMO. We aren't necessarily world beaters but the Raiders are a bad team with no direction right now. We are fairly healthy now and have the Better QB in this matchup as well. Carr is a shell of himself from 2 years ago. It is a road game which a little concerning but I can see a 7 to 10 point here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Ok , 

The Raiders are the last game before the bye? right? Any thoughts on how we might measure up to them? They are struggling .It would be great if we could put it to Chuckie! That would be great going in to the bye.  I hope we can put it to Chuckie big time. That would be a great way to go into the bye before we face Jaguars at home, later.

No Marshawn or Cooper? I think we squeeze by with the Win.

This one is potentially tricky. 

We can laugh at Gruden all we want , but he'll know exactly how to exploit a vanilla defense like ours. Whether Carr can actually execute the game-plan is a different matter. That kid is seeing ghosts out there right now and he's checking-down at an absurd rate , which is exactly what we want. 

If we can control their run game , and make Carr beat us , we should be fine. I expect Luck and the offense will take of their business. Oakland's defense is just not very good. 

I felt more confident about Buffalo, but I feel pretty good about this one. 

9 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm still in my research mode on the Raiders.  I need another day to post how i think the game will go. But on the surface, it looks like another game Indy should blow out win.

Give it up, man, does not worth the effort. By the time you finish your research, you can start again, because Gruden traded someone important away and his team looks vastly different than a day before.

Imo, for this game it's way more important how their locker room will handle recent events than who will be in the backfield after Lynch went to IR, or who will catch Carr's passes. I don't know how those players can focus on their next games when ANYBODY might get traded by the next morning.

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

I don't know how those players can focus on their next games when ANYBODY might get traded by the next morning.

Good point. Gruden has no emotional ties to any of McKenzie's draft picks.  And all (except Carr) are available... some for a price... some on the cheap.  Not kidding.

https://tinyurl.com/yby2lqhd

It is a  full blow up and rebuild in progress.

I can see the Colts laying a 30 burger on the Raiders this week... But I think they need to be careful not to overlook this game.  Play smart, play fast, and take care of the ball.

I am hoping I get this game televised here in Pittsburgh.  I've only been able to watch 1 Colts game this season on the TV. LOL

Return game for Rashaan Melvin and Johnathan Hankins, so that will be fun to look for, but this game will be hard fought from the onset. If the Colts show out like they did last week, its an easy win, but if we show anything less, it will be a battle. We have to come to play.

8 hours ago, Trueman said:

This one is potentially tricky. 

We can laugh at Gruden all we want , but he'll know exactly how to exploit a vanilla defense like ours. Whether Carr can actually execute the game-plan is a different matter. That kid is seeing ghosts out there right now and he's checking-down at an absurd rate , which is exactly what we want. 

If we can control their run game , and make Carr beat us , we should be fine. I expect Luck and the offense will take of their business. Oakland's defense is just not very good. 

I felt more confident about Buffalo, but I feel pretty good about this one. 

True. If Margus Hunt and Darius Leonard are healthy, it makes a huge difference for our D. I think our D will shine again in a 31-17 blowout. 

Grunch

Colts coaches and players are smart enough to know that ANY NFL team is tough to beat, period.  They will prepare for the Raiders like they prepare for the Patriots.

IMHO its the Colts' game to win or to lose - the Raiders can't really beat us, they just have to hope we make stupid mistakes like dropping a lot of balls, fumbling snaps in our own end zone and committing stupid penalties.

18 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

This team can't look past any team in this league.  So I'm not sure "easy" comes to mind here.  But if they play well, the Colts will have a good chance to get a W.  If not, they will get beat.  Oakland does have a superior roster, but they aren't playing like it.

They are superior player wise? They just traded away Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.  That and Marshawn Lynch is hurt. The Raiders  are obviously playing for next year. 

As as long as the Colts protect the ball, the Colts should win. 

By all metrics and analytics the Raiders are one of the worst teams in the league.  The Colts on the other hand are an underachieving team because of new staff, injuries, etc.

Since the Colts are fielding essentially the same team as Buffalo, they should be able to lead this one from start to finish.

But if there are passes that should be easy catches that are dropped or flipped to the defender for an INT.  Then it could be a tough battle.

But since Oakland does not have a consistent ground game and no receivers that are really a threat downfield and a QB that is one of the worst in the league under pressure, combined with a really bad oline that allows a lot of pressure, this could be an even bigger blowout than that Bills game.

Last time the Colts played the Raiders, didn't that spell the end of Carr's season and by extension, the end of the Raiders' Super Bowl aspirations?

The game scares me a little bit, simply because of the 'they might be due for a win" thing, but the Colts have been looking good in losing, generally, whereas the Raiders have not, from my understanding.  I predict another Colts victory, just like I did last week.  A loss to the Raiders would be morale crushing.

Two teams at different points of the rebuild. Colts should win big again. No excuse not to be able to beat this OAK team...whose best offensive player is Jared Cook or a 30+ year-old Jordy Nelson.

HOU plays on TNF. JAC plays on Sunday morning. Both of those teams lose...Colts will have some extra motivation to get one of those games back.