Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are you expecting?

coltsfeva

The Colts have a chance in this one.  If the offense can score TD's and not turn the ball over and the if the defense can play like they did last week they have a shot.  The Eagles are thin at receiver and a few running backs are banged up to I believe.  The Eagles defense is ranked 19th through the first 2 games, I am sure they are better than that but they haven't been the D they were last year, not yet anyways.  Getting Wentz back should give the team motivation.  The Redskins are ranked 1 in defense, the Colts offense wasn't great but they scored 21 on them on the road.  I know it's only been 2 weeks but I am curious to see how the Colts perform this week.  It's a great test to see if the defense was a fluke or if they can stay consistent.  I'll say Eagles win 23-20. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This Forum continues to be pleasant with positivity, very nice! This game against Philly will be close. Our Defense has me curious after last week. 

Our defense has me really curious man. If they can play like they did last week, the offense will get it going and the Colts will be a tough out.  I think I read  Luck is like 25-0 when the defense gives up fewer than 12 points?  Something along those lines.  Right now there 10th overall according to ESPN defense rankings/points.  My questions are was last week a fluke?  Was Washington not that great of an offensive team?  Will we see the same old Colts defense back this week?  Or will we see the same defense from last week continuing to improve?  I am pretty sure were all very curious.  I don't know the last time we could say the Colts defense won them a game(like this past Sunday).  I do realize they are fast and are really good tacklers.  I think they'll only get better. 

• Like 2

This is a tough one... The fan in me wants to say The Colts are going to whoop up on the Eagles... The level headed realist in me says this will be a very close game that will come down to 1 or 2 plays and 1 or 2 penalties going either way.

Just have to remember; this is a young Colts team that will have ups and downs as it develops.  

Ah what the hay; Colts win by 10!

Going to be a lot tougher than many here seem to think...  Colts are very young and with youth comes inconsistency over the long run.  Add to this the fact it is just the 3rd game with mixed results.  Colts have coaching on their side finally, but mistakes can and will happen.  I certainly am pulling for the Colts and a win but would not be surprised to see a 34 - 19 loss.  A step back yes, but they could turn around the next week against the Texans and blow them out.  Injuries don't help either, but that is the NFL.  Hoping the Colts can break thru and steal this one, we will see though.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Wentz had to return at some point. Fortunately for us it will be against our Colts.   Indy beats a rusty Wentz led Eagles team and somehow it will be seen by the media and shocked Philly fans as an upset. 

Most will talk about the depleted Eagles. 

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Doug Pederson doesn't play that way, he is not conservative at all like Jay Gruden and Alex Smith. If he has Wentz in the game, he will roll out and take plenty of 20 yard shots, IMO. They would even go max. protect and force us to play single high safety to run from it, and take shots down the field. While Wentz may be a bit rusty, I don't think it will last more than a quarter. I think they were working out the rust in the first 2 games in practice, as much as possible without game action. 

Our run D will definitely be tested for sure, they like to run multiple TE formations like we do as well.

If we can get consistent pressure on Wentz and take away the underneath passes it will be a W. 

With no Peters its likely Eberflus will attack the left side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

The feeling I have says I don't think we are going to lose this game this week.  The team seems like they are dialed in and ready to roll.  There's a confidence you can see in them when they are talking.

Still think that way if TY is out though ?

I picked against our boys last week due in part to some lingering question marks, but I am fully on board this train. We have the Mo heading on the road to meet defending champs. Im not sure how much rust will be on Wentz but it will be there. Our D is ready to feast. Pederson will likely try to use our speed against us by misdirection and gadet plays, so a big test in discipline will happen. Agree with most AL will need an all pro day with fellow all pro TY. Maybe Philly is realing a bit. These coaches know each other really well so it will be an interesting chess match in that regard. Just like the mojo we have going. Colts 31 Philly 24

58 minutes ago, krunk said:

He'll be there.   Even if not we got to find a way to do it just the same as the Eagles have to with all there people out.

I somewhat agree. However, after AC said he was good for week 1 I'm hesitant until I see TY on the field. 

Hopefully they use Ebron more out wide because he has been lights when running routes. I wouldn't even bother using him as a blocker. 

2 hours ago, Alex22 said:

I somewhat agree. However, after AC said he was good for week 1 I'm hesitant until I see TY on the field. 

Hopefully they use Ebron more out wide because he has been lights when running routes. I wouldn't even bother using him as a blocker. 

Our TE's blocking have been very instrumental to our offense so far.  Really helping out the tackles.  Hopefully Doyle makes it out there.  We really need them to block.

WE should be 2-0....I think we have a chance..at Phily….

I'd crowd the line and make Carson beat us...now he might....but I think that's our best chance..

..and Andrew will keep it short.....against the Eagles...who have DB issues

Hopefully Doyle plays..I'm sure T.Y. will...

We are not a bad a team as was predicted in the pre-season...

We're a heavy underdog.....but that would make it a bigger win

3 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

The league will not let the defending super bowl champs loose 2 in a row this early in the season, it will affect the ratings and the people making the big bucks won't let that happen.

The Colts are going to win this game.  If they do lose it wont be because the league has anything to do with it.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

WE should be 2-0....I think we have a chance..at Phily….

I'd crowd the line and make Carson beat us...now he might....but I think that's our best chance..

..and Andrew will keep it short.....against the Eagles...who have DB issues

Hopefully Doyle plays..I'm sure T.Y. will...

We are not a bad a team as was predicted in the pre-season...

We're a heavy underdog.....but that would make it a bigger win

The Eagles are down to signing a receiver off the street.  I think the Colts take this game just because the injuries have added up big time on the Eagles.

What I want is for this game to be like the Broncos and Cowboys game from a few years back that ends in a score of like 48-42 and begins the interconference rivalry of Luck and Wentz.

But back to reality it'll be like 23-20 plus or minus 5 with the colts squeaking out a win against a depleted team and a rusty QB. 

18 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

The league will not let the defending super bowl champs loose 2 in a row this early in the season, it will affect the ratings and the people making the big bucks won't let that happen.

I seriously hope you're kidding?

Because conspiracy theories are NEVER a good look.....        Never.

Just saying.....

I think it will be tough with alot of key pieces either missing or with barely any practise. I think our preparation has been hampered this week. 

That said I'm hopeful and the team is playing with great confidence. This would be a massive win for our young team. 

One player I'm looking out for on Sunday is Jordan Wilkins being our main back. I think he is close to a breakout game, similar to Mack's performace versus the 49ers last year. For our last and cruical TD versus the Redskins, the drive up the field was built on the first downs Wilkins made. He stepped up when we needed him last week and I expect him to do the same this week.

Wentz will throw long while Luck is yet to do the same. That could put the Colts in catch up ball even if the Eagles don't get six a few field goals will tilt the ship. Also the long ball means good field position. Ertz is  prime weapon for Wentz. The biggest positive for this team is unlike under Pagano their game plan will hopefully be more geared to how best to attack the opponent for that week. Pagano never seemed to accomplish that. It's early and the first two games are not much more than preseason.  Houston and Tennessee are treading water and that is good.