Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WOW Nobody seem to see us winning this Sunday.

HOF19

It’s an away game for a very young team that gave away 24 unanswered points last week. There are a lot of reasons the Colts aren’t favorites this week. I don’t think we are being “written off.” Just more people to prove wrong while overcoming the odds :thmup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

Yeah, that is just fan boy stuff.

Gun to head and without your blue colored glasses - who do you think will win?

Well, hopefully nobody puts a gun to my head about it because then I'd have to get my gun and... well it could get messy and then I'd probably miss the Colts game.

personally though I am picking the Colts to win this game.  While Kerrigan is better than anyone on the Bengals line, I think overall the Bengals from 7 is better than the Redskins front 7.  I also don't think Washington has any receivers that are going to challenge the safeties which means Geathers can spend more time supporting the run defense.

Peterson and Thompson were responsible for 70% of Washington's yards.  Because they are the two best weapons.

There are a bunch of other reasons that, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I don't have time to go into now.

But I think the Colts will win by a 10-14 points.

• Like 3

Bengals | Joe Mixon may need surgery    Fri Sep 14, 04:54 PM

Cincinnati Bengals RB Joe Mixon (knee) may need to undergo arthroscopic surgery on the knee he injured in Week 2, which would sideline him for an undisclosed period of time, according to sources. Mixon is scheduled to receive a second opinion on his knee.

Link to story
Joe Mixon player page

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/news.php

I know it's just one game, but Washington looks pretty good, great o-line, good defensive pieces, and Alex Smith is underrated. I wouldn't certainly rule out the Colts any given Sunday with Luck, but I also would have to agree with a group of panelists picking the Skins at home.  I'm excited either way, and hope we pull off the upset.

Fans just need to be patient with this team. No one should be shocked with an 0-5 start. The second half of the season will get better as the schedule eases and the team begins to gel. I see a 6-10 or 7-9 season as likely, 8-8 as best case scenario. But this team is going to get better and better, with 2019 the start of winning seasons again. 

So, yeah, the Skins are favorites. And should be. But this team is going to bust out in 2019. So be patient and enjoy the ride. 

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Um excuse me was Washington in the playoffs last year or something?  I don't really understand this scaredy cat mentality in this thread. People pronouncing Ls before the game is even played. I can't buy into that type of thing.

This is a very poor matchup for the Colts. I don't believe we are going to lose every game or anything, but they just match up extremely well vs us. Alex Smith is a lot like Russell Wilson in he's mobile and accurate, but with a better O-Line. They have Peterson, who seems to have a year left in him (all he needs is one more game at this point to affect us), Reed and Thompson are healthy and mismatches against us in the passing game. We have no running game and they have a top D-Line. It's in Washington. We also have very little pass rush.

Like I said before, Luck will have to carry the team again, except we're against a much bigger mismatch at QB than Dalton. They shut David Johnson down, we aren't running the ball. This match is a trap game for uninformed Colt football fans who are optimistic, and it will be very difficult come Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a very poor matchup for the Colts. I don't believe we are going to lose every game or anything, but they just match up extremely well vs us. Alex Smith is a lot like Russell Wilson in he's mobile and accurate, but with a better O-Line. They have Peterson, who seems to have a year left in him (all he needs is one more game at this point to affect us), Reed and Thompson are healthy and mismatches against us in the passing game. We have no running game and they have a top D-Line. It's in Washington. We also have very little pass rush.

Like I said before, Luck will have to carry the team again, except we're against a much bigger mismatch at QB than Dalton. They shut David Johnson down, we aren't running the ball. This match is a trap game for uninformed Colt football fans who are optimistic, and it will be very difficult come Sunday.

They didn't shut Johnson and Arizonas run game down.   Arizona had like 90 yards on them by the 2nd quarter.  That team is about in the same realm as Cincy probably less.   Grass always looks greener from TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

They didn't shut Johnson and Arizonas run game down.   Arizona had like 90 yards on them by the 2nd quarter.  That team is about in the same realm as Cincy.   Grass always looks greener from TV.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=ari

Arizona had 68 rush yards the whole game vs Washington. David Johnson had 9 carries for 37 yards and a td. He did nothing besides a td. Bradford got shut down as well for 153 yds no tds and 1 INT. They completely shut Arizona down, no idea what you are thinking on this one.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Arizona had 68 rush yards the whole game vs Washington. David Johnson had 9 carries for 37 yards and a td. He did nothing besides a td. Bradford got shut down as well for 153 yds no tds and 1 INT. They completely shut Arizona down, no idea what you are thinking on this one.

Who exactly Sam Bradford?  You act like Bradford is something close to good.

There offense is terrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Who exactly Sam Bradford?  You act like Bradford is something close to good.

There offense is terrible. 

David Johnson is terrible? Larry Fitzgerald is terrible? I don't think so. Bradford isn't great or anything, but they abused him. Also kinda funny how you just ignored the running stats after I pointed them out to you. If David Johnson can't run on the Redskins, what chance does Mack, Wilkins and Hines have?

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What?????? This is why I can't ya'll serious about football....smith is nothing like wilson....smith is on the wrong side of 30 he's not that mobile and he's only accurate on short passes

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You do realize Johnson only had 9 attempts and he averaged 4.1 with those attempts. He didn't get shut down. He was making nice runs right up the gut when I was watching portions of that game.  Probably would have gotten more if the offense wasn't crappy.    I was off on the numbers, but I remember the announcer making that statement during the game.  And Edmonds the other back averaged 6.1 with his carries.