Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WOW Nobody seem to see us winning this Sunday.

HOF19

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

David Johnson is terrible? Larry Fitzgerald is terrible? I don't think so. Bradford isn't great or anything, but they abused him. Also kinda funny how you just ignored the running stats after I pointed them out to you. If David Johnson can't run on the Redskins, what chance does Mack, Wilkins and Hines have?

Johnson had 9 attempts. 9 and they were at 4.1 a clip so stop being a fatalist.

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

What?????? This is why I can't ya'll serious about football....smith is nothing like wilson....smith is on the wrong side of 30 he's not that mobile and he's only accurate on short passes

I can't even take this seriously. You must of never watched a Chiefs game. He carried them with his mobility and accuracy. You must not watch anything besides Colts games.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

David Johnson is terrible? Larry Fitzgerald is terrible? I don't think so. Bradford isn't great or anything, but they abused him. Also kinda funny how you just ignored the running stats after I pointed them out to you. If David Johnson can't run on the Redskins, what chance does Mack, Wilkins and Hines have?

The man that is quarterbacking that team is bad.  Johnson is good but Fitz is old.

Fitz ain't too far off from being where Reggie was in his last days. That offense ain't

got much punch.

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

Johnson had 9 attempts. 9 and they were at 4.1 a clip so stop being a fatalist.

Why do you think that is? Because the Redskins shut them down, he didn't get the opportunity to carry the ball much. They ran the ball effectively, taking lots of time off the clock with Peterson. Yes, Bradford isn't very good, he's a placeholder for Rosen, but our defense is much worse than the Cards. In fact, we are probably only better than them at QB and TE. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Why do you think that is? Because the Redskins shut them down, he didn't get the opportunity to carry the ball much. They ran the ball effectively, taking lots of time off the clock with Peterson. Yes, Bradford isn't very good, he's a placeholder for Rosen, but our defense is much worse than the Cards. In fact, we are probably only better than them at QB and TE. 

You don't get shut down averaging 4.1 a carry.   They probably had to stop because they needed to score.  You can't sit there and run all day if your offense ain't productive.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Stop Stop Stop 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

The man that is quarterbacking that team is bad.  Johnson is good but Fitz is old.

Fitz ain't too far off from being where Reggie was in his last days. That offense ain't

got much punch.

Fitz is still good, he hasn't had a decline yet. I bet if Rosen gets put in this week, he does a lot better. They are definitely rebuilding right now, but they do have a top 3 RB in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

You don't get shut down averaging 4.1 a carry.   They probably had to stop because they needed to score.  You can't sit there and run all day if your offense ain't productive.

It's unknown how much David Johnson would of ran for if they relied on him, but the fact that the Redskins controlled the game with Peterson and didn't allow Johnson to be a factor should scare us. The Cards had the ball for 21:52 during the game. They got destroyed in time of possession. Johnson was a non factor.

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's unknown how much David Johnson would of ran for if they relied on him, but the fact that the Redskins controlled the game with Peterson and didn't allow Johnson to be a factor should scare us. The Cards had the ball for 21:52 during the game. They got destroyed in time of possession. Johnson was a non factor.

It's easy to rule TOP if the other teams offense is ineffective. They didn't stop Johnson. They had to go away from the run to keep up. All Ariz. Backs had positive YPC. If they were getting stuffed you wouldnt see that. You'd see 3. Something and a decent amount of attempts.  Also when you don't respect the opposing QB you can load up against the run. They ain't doing that against Luck and Reich. Manusky knows that. The Redskins were right down there with us last year in run D. I'm not going to buy they've fixed that after one game. I think we will be able to get a respectable ground game with Mack and Wilkins. Enough to make them bite the play action.

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Fitz is still good, he hasn't had a decline yet. I bet if Rosen gets put in this week, he does a lot better. They are definitely rebuilding right now, but they do have a top 3 RB in the NFL. 

It ain't going to be long before Rosen takes over.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's easy to rule TOP if the other teams offense is ineffective. They didn't stop Johnson. They had to go away from the run to keep up. All Ariz. Backs had positive YPC. If they were getting stuffed you wouldnt see that. You'd see 3. Something and a decent amount of attempts.  Also when you don't respect the opposing QB you can load up against the run. They ain't doing that against Luck. Manusky knows that.

It's going to be the opposite effect on Sunday though. The redskins don't have to respect the run so they can load up on the pass. They will be going after Luck all day. Their run defense and D-Line is good enough to stop Mack (if he plays), Wilkins, and Hines without focusing on them. 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's going to be the opposite effect on Sunday though. The redskins don't have to respect the run so they can load up on the pass. They will be going after Luck all day. Their run defense and D-Line is good enough to stop Mack (if he plays), Wilkins, and Hines without focusing on them. 

I don't think they are good enough to rely on a 4 man rush. They get their sacks from blitz primarily. Kerrigan and Smith are good players but I don't think they are unblockable.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I don't think they are good enough to rely on a 4 man rush. They get their sacks from blitz primarily. Kerrigan and Smith are good players but I don't think they are unblockable.

I would say this too, but with Costanzo out, it will be a difficult task to consistently block them. I believe they will get a lot of pressure and a few sacks on Sunday on Luck. Lets hope for the best though. I think if we win, we will have pulled off an upset victory.

I would say this too, but with Costanzo out, it will be a difficult task to consistently block them. I believe they will get a lot of pressure and a few sacks on Sunday on Luck. Lets hope for the best though. I think if we win, we will have pulled off an upset victory.

Didn’t work to well for Atkins and Dunlap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Didn’t work to well for Atkins and Dunlap

Atkins was a DT, and he was blocked primarily by Nelson. Dunlap I'll give you. However, the Redskins have more pass rushers and an equal D-Line, maybe even better. With Constanzo missing, we will have a weakness there the entire game. Like I said, they don't have to respect the run, they will be after Luck all game. It's a tough matchup.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Atkins was a DT, and he was blocked primarily by Nelson. Dunlap I'll give you. However, the Redskins have more pass rushers and an equal D-Line, maybe even better. With Constanzo missing, we will have a weakness there the entire game. Like I said, they don't have to respect the run, they will be after Luck all game. It's a tough matchup.

AC was out last week 

So that argument is mute

11 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Their oline is waaay worse as well.

Agreed if Shipley was going to be a starter 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

AC was out last week 

So that argument is mute

Ok, Webb and Clark are out this week. We have no tackles, the ones that will play will taste like chicken to the Redskins. Braden Smith will be used out of position at RT most likely, and Haeg isn't good at all. The pass rush will destroy us. The interior line may be able to hold their D_line somewhat, but we can't defend their pass rush.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I can't even take this seriously. You must of never watched a Chiefs game. He carried them with his mobility and accuracy. You must not watch anything besides Colts games.

He only ran when no one is open smith is not that type of qb to use his legs that often he's nicknamed captain check down for a reason he's not that big of threat do your research

Ok, Webb and Clark are out this week. We have no tackles, the ones that will play will taste like chicken to the Redskins. Braden Smith will be used out of position at RT most likely, and Haeg isn't good at all. The pass rush will destroy us. The interior line may be able to hold their D_line somewhat, but we can't defend their pass rush.

Stop being so negative 

We as fans have no clue what will happen and as fans we have not earned the right to use pronouns like “us” when referring to the team. Reminder the players are people not avatars in a video game 

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He only ran when no one is open smith is not that type of qb to use his legs that often he's nicknamed captain check down for a reason he's not that big of threat do your research

He is Taylor made for the West Coast O

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No clark practice this week he's good to go 

31 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

as fans we have not earned the right to use pronouns like “us” when referring to the team.

I agree with your overall point of not being too down/negative on these guys personally. But I mean, it's kinda hard not to do use "us" and "we" when referring to the team. It's a lot easier and a lot less awkward to type/read "this is a tough matchup for us" as opposed to "this is a tough matchup for the team/Colts."

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I mean, it's kinda hard not to do though. Plus it's a lot easier and a lot less awkward to type/read "this is a tough matchup for us" as opposed to "this is a tough matchup for the team we support, the Colts."

not really hard at all just replace “us” with Colts or the team

It comes from my Coaching background

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Jnot really hard at all just replace “us” with Colts or the team

It comes from my Coaching background

Yeah, that's fine. I guess we just fundamentally disagree on not being able to use "us" or "we" when referring to the team. I don't think it's disrespectful whatsoever, and I think we as fans have plenty of right to do so.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Stop being so negative 

We as fans have no clue what will happen and as fans we have not earned the right to use pronouns like “us” when referring to the team. Reminder the players are people not avatars in a video game 

He is Taylor made for the West Coast O

As fans 'we' have every right to refer to the team as 'we or us'.  We as fans may not be on the field per say, But we have money invested. WE are the reason they play.  We are even consider the '12th man' at home games.

But i digress.  You are correct that we as fans do not know what coaches do, do not play the game beside the players.  And have no input on how a team is put together or ran.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

As fans 'we' have every right to refer to the team as 'we or us'.  We as fans may not be on the field per say, But we have money invested. WE are the reason they play.  We are even consider the '12th man' at home games.

But i digress.  You are correct that we as fans do not know what coaches do, do not play the game beside the players.  And have no input on how a team is put together or ran.

The only fans that  have a financial stake and the players play for are in Green Bay

Using it in criticism is my problem

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The only fans that  have a financial stake and the players play for are in Green Bay

Not all of us have the money or time or health to invest

If you have purchased any memorabilia, such as jersey's, hat's, ect, or have went to the games (especially season ticket holders), Or live in the Indiana, (the State of Indiana paid for $620M of the $720M cost of Lucas oil stadium in taxes), then you have invested money.

9 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

If you have purchased any memorabilia, such as jersey's, hat's, ect, or have went to the games (especially season ticket holders), Or live in the Indiana, (the State of Indiana paid for $620M of the $720M cost of Lucas oil stadium in taxes), then you have invested money.

Live in NY Metro area but have a ton of Colts memorabilia and Jerseys hope that counts ……..GO COLTS!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

You are way off topic

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

It kind of went that way when i saw a comment i feel strongly about.  I apologize.

I can see us winning Sunday.  If the game plan is well executed.  :thmup:

As I said I have an issue when people use the object pronoun us when criticizing players, coaches, or game plan not in general. It goes back to my coaching days and being raised by a coach

• Like 1