Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WOW Nobody seem to see us winning this Sunday.

HOF19

It was reported this week the Rams planned to get Mack from the Raiders for one year and one year only, to win the SB then trade him off. It's called "win now". Ballard is not of that school. He is building from a foundation he will own this year and the years in the future. Sometimes both methods work and sometimes they do not.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

It was reported this week the Rams planned to get Mack from the Raiders for one year and one year only, to win the SB then trade him off. It's called "win now". Ballard is not of that school. He is building from a foundation he will own this year and the years in the future. Sometimes both methods work and sometimes they do not.

Wrong Thread

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

as fans we have not earned the right to use pronouns like “us” when referring to the team. Reminder the players are people not avatars in a video game

I must have not looked deep enough into your meaning.  I saw this as something else..obviously...lol

I get where you are coming from though.  As a former football player I used to hear people tell me all the time, "You should've did this, or that." Or "I would have done it this way or that way"  That always ticked me off because I was like:" Well, i'm not you, and you were not in  that situation right then were you?" and "Sure, hindsight........."

I get that fans can be VERY over rambunctious.  I can be as well sometimes.  But to act like we have any control over what a player ,coach or owner does or says is just bologna.

I <3 this team.  I've been a fan since '84.  Thick and thin.  But even I know the only way 'WE' effect a game is in the stands cheering our people on. (Or making noise on opponents 3rd/4th down).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Wrong Thread

i think he has a deeper meaning besides what he said that is kind of relevant to the thread.  even though i believe he went the long route doing it.

"We have a chance to win each and every week. But this depends on how fast the young guys catch on and get better, because unlike what a lot of fans would like to see, Ballard is not going to make huge 'splash' signings for a 'win now' scenario.  He want cohesion and long term success instead of instant gratification."

I may be off,...but this is what i read 'between the lines'.

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Surely you have a link to this non existent report

7 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

i think he has a deeper meaning besides what he said that is kind of relevant to the thread.  even though i believe he went the long route doing it.

"We have a chance to win each and every week. But this depends on how fast the young guys catch on and get better, because unlike what a lot of fans would like to see, Ballard is not going to make huge 'splash' signings for a 'win now' scenario.  He want cohesion and long term success instead of instant gratification."

I may be off,...but this is what i read 'between the lines'.

I think he has a valid point but feel this is the wrong thread for it

The thread was started to discuss a single game and morphed into a discussion of players

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jet1968 said:

He is also a Reich and Ballard fan.  He says the Colts now have a real GM and a real head coach

I didn't hear him BUT my brother said he heard him complain something along the lines that the colts haven't put a better team around Luck. Something like Luck has to carry the team. 

Like I said I didn't hear it but my brother said he did.

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Unless we run the ball better this week we will get blown out specially if that 4th quarter defense shows up so the chance of a win will depend on if the colts can run the ball with any success.

luck will have to do what fizpatrick did. drop 48

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I would guess he's more a Luck fan than colt fan.

He likes Ballard because he said he's a straight shooter, doesn't mince words.  Grigson thought he was bigger than the room and would play the holier than thou masquerade game (not always but comparatively) 

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I respect that, but to me, football is about myself first and my team second. I've watched football for 20 years, and I've gotten enjoyment from the Manning days, now it's not the same anymore, and it's not giving me the same fix it used too, so I have to find other ways to make it fun. Sports betting and fantasy football are two of those ways I feel involved. It just so happens that my bet is against the Colts this week. Everything makes sense that we will struggle, so I will put my own interests first and bet against them. If I'm wrong, the Colts win at least.

See I could never do that. Obviously you do you, but personally I would never bet against my team. No matter what you’ll take a W and an L. If i were to bet on the colts, I’d pick em even if they were likely to lose just so if they do somehow win, it’d feel even better. Is it stupid? Yes. It’s also why I don’t bet on the colts games much haha 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

fans have to be patient and wait years for ballards method to work if it ever does, guys like hoodie go all out each season both methods can work one just takes a lot longer and luck is getting older

The Redskins sort of remind me of some of the units we had in Indy when Manusky was here. Just replace Vontae Davis with Josh Norman. I don't respect anybody in there secondary besides Norman.  And i really dont respect the two safetiex Nicholson and Swearinger. To me their backers aren't anything to write home about other than Smith and Kerrigan on the edges. The interior players they have on the DL are young players with good athletic profiles but not game wreckers yet. Personally I think we got a shot if we are sharp.

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

As I said I have an issue when people use the object pronoun us when criticizing players, coaches, or game plan not in general. It goes back to my coaching days and being raised by a coach

What a bunch of nit picky nonsense.

Most fans use 'us" when referring to their chosen team.  Teams even encourage and feed into the "fans are part of the team mentality" to their benefit.

If you live in Indiana and especially Indianapolis you may not have "Green Bay type ownership", but we have paid into the team in several ways and should definitely be free to use the term "us" when referring to the team even if criticizing.

And if your objection of the word came from your days coaching and playing High School (or even college) football than really need to climb down off your soap box ... because High School sports would be the epitome of "us" to everyone who lives in, pays taxes in, sends there kids to the school/sports teams in that community; and the coaches and team should expect criticizing and scrutiny.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

not really hard at all just replace “us” with Colts or the team

It comes from my Coaching background

not hard to say us either

on topic, i wouldnt pick "us" in this game either, but its not unwinnable 

I say 'us' and 'we' all the time. I have been to nearly 50 home games in my lifetime, have bought all sorts of Colts merchandise as well. I have around 10 different Colts hats and even still have my SB Championship hat. I have a Peyton jersey hanging in my room along with a SB championship plaque. I have invested alot of money in the Colts over the years + when they lose it bothers me alot so if I want to say 'us' or 'we' I see nothing wrong with it. I have a friend that gets irritated when I say 'us' or 'we' so I do it on purpose around him. He always asks, are you on the team? I just reply and say yeah, I am the backup waterboy.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I say 'us' and 'we' all the time. I have been to nearly 50 home games in my lifetime, have bought all sorts of Colts merchandise as well. I have around 10 different Colts hats and even still have my SB Championship hat. I have a Peyton jersey hanging in my room along with a SB championship plaque. I have invested alot of money in the Colts over the years + when they lose it bothers me alot so if I want to say 'us' or 'we' I see nothing wrong with it. I have a friend that gets irritated when I say 'us' or 'we' so I do it on purpose around him. He always asks, are you on the team? I just reply and say yeah, I am the backup waterboy.

My issue is/was using it to critique the players 

the same way I put the things said by guys like Trent Green over the words of a talking head like Colin Cowherd

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My issue is/was using it to critique the players 

the same way I put the things said by guys like Trent Green over the words of a talking head like Colin Cowherd

I get your point, I just posted what I posted because there are some that hate it when people say 'us' and 'we' but most people do it in here anyway and I am fine with it. 

most of the media has us as a bottom three team in the league.  several sites had us dead last until the bills and cardinals were embarrassed worse than we were

i would not say the colts were embarrassed either, but they lost and thats enough to keep us near the end of their rankings for now 

8 hours ago, krunk said:

The Redskins sort of remind me of some of the units we had in Indy when Manusky was here. Just replace Vontae Davis with Josh Norman. I don't respect anybody in there secondary besides Norman.  And i really dont respect the two safetiex Nicholson and Swearinger. To me their backers aren't anything to write home about other than Smith and Kerrigan on the edges. The interior players they have on the DL are young players with good athletic profiles but not game wreckers yet. Personally I think we got a shot if we are sharp.

Colts have a shot...but I think you could be underrating the WAS defense.

The DL has a ton of talent...and a good mix of very good young and veteran talent.

they have a good group of athletic LBs who can cover (Zach Brown, Mason Foster, Harvey-Clemons...more of a hybrid S/LB)...which is something Manusky never had here.

The CB group has some talent as well...with Dunbar (a converted WR) and Moreau as promising players...in addition to All-Pro Norman.

I do agree that S is probably their weakness. Reich will need to exploit them where he can.

17 hours ago, krunk said:

Um excuse me was Washington in the playoffs last year or something?  I don't really understand this scaredy cat mentality in this thread. People pronouncing Ls before the game is even played. I can't buy into that type of thing.

I agree. The Cardinals are a bad football team, at least I think so. Terrible QB play by Bradford, turned it over it seemed like 5 times

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Why do you think that is? Because the Redskins shut them down, he didn't get the opportunity to carry the ball much. They ran the ball effectively, taking lots of time off the clock with Peterson. Yes, Bradford isn't very good, he's a placeholder for Rosen, but our defense is much worse than the Cards. In fact, we are probably only better than them at QB and TE. 

Our defense is not much worse than the Cardinals. Our offense is far better than the Cardinals offense, so imo we have a better chance of winning than the Cards did vs the Skins. We have a challenge with Peterson, but the last time we faced him, we shut him down. And that was 2016, when we had a terrible defense too. I think our defense is better since then, and we should see a solid outing!

• Like 1