Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

For Belichick, a guy who is quite mature and not worried about this kind of stuff, this seems unusually petty

He has no soul. You’re talking about a guy who cut a player right before the Super Bowl after he flew his family in for the game. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Planned sabotage of an NFL franchise's HC search is not going to go over well with the other 31 teams.  

I'd be surprised if there isn't yet another investigation of the patriots. 

Was there a contract with the Colts or not?  Reports today said the Colts hired him and now this.  If there was no contract than why did the Colts announce the hire?  If there was a contract a law suite might be imminent.  But in my opinion it's not worth pursuing this scumbag.  Chalk it up as a lesson learned.  We set ourselves up to get screwed over by wallowing in the mud with these scums.

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok Ballard...get back to work.  Who are some of the other candidates that you have lined up.  We still have a boat load of cap space and the #3 pick in the draft.  Luck is still standing in the wings.  Same building blocks are still in place to build a winner.

I agree....this is a career defining moment for Chris Ballard. Crap happens....this is his moment to step up and define himself as our GM. The next move he makes might very well determine many many years for the Colts. We can’t take a step back...does he let us spiral to the Cleveland’s of the league or suck it up...hire a great coach and let this be a rallying cry for us. All eyes are on you CB!

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

For Belichick, a guy who is quite mature and not worried about this kind of stuff, this seems unusually petty

Not exactly.  They knew they were going to have Josh take over.  They didn't keep Josh just for revenge, but because they want him to take over. 

But the way it played out was intentional.

I always wanted Toub and I still do. And just because someone wasn't a "first choice" doesn't mean he is a bad choice. This isn't marriage. It's not like we are in a relationship with these guys. 

Yeah, it hurts to see this, but good riddance to mcdicks. He deserves NE and they him. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

You're confident that Ballard has a plan? 

Are you serious!

You mean like the plan he had to hire a worthless coach that totally embarrassed him and the Colts?

Ballard is going to take a big hit form this as he should. 

I think you're so upset you're not thinking clearly.

At all.

This is NOT on Chris Ballard.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Great Post!!              :thmup:

I think this is a very, VERY strong point.

If I'm Chris Ballard,  I'm on the phone with the NFL and telling them the Pats can keep McDaniels. 

And we'll be happy to take their FIRST ROUND PICKS THE NEXT TWO YEARS!!   Period.       :colts:

But Ballard mended the relationship with New England. Either that or he’s really gullible. 

Just now, deedub75 said:

He has no soul. You’re talking about a guy who cut a player right before the Super Bowl after he flew his family in for the game. 

He's not one for trash talk and this kind of pettiness.  He's always just focused on his team.  He couldn't care less about anything else

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't

And here's why....

McDaniels and Ballard have the same agent.

I don't think McDaniels deliberately screws Ballard since they have the same agent.

Now....    do I think Kraft knew that McDaniels would love to be the next coach of the Pats and played this out to the last second deliberately?     Sure.      That could be.     But when you're preparing for a SB,  it's not hard to believe that BB was not intersted in talking about his future or talking with Kraft about McDaneils and would simply say,  let's talk about it after the game.

But that puts the stink on Kraft and BB and much less so on McDaneils in terms of thing being "deliberate."

All that said.....    this sucks for the Colts.     I'm not sure if Ballard hires a one-year temporary HC,  or tries to hire Toub and hope he works out for the best......

I don't think Ballard's agent is all that pivotal for either of them at this point. Ballard has reached the pinnacle of his profession, and if he needs another agent for his extension negotiations, he can easily find one.

And McDaniels now only has New England to worry about, because no other team will ever touch him, I don't think. 

As for whatever agreement they worked out in New England, they could have done that weeks ago. As soon as things started getting close with the Colts, the Pats could have made their offer to McDaniels, and he could have withdrawn from consideration. 

They milked this to the max, and they absolutely did not have to. It has the feel of being deliberate, top to bottom. Nothing anyone can ever prove, and it's a little confirmation bias on my part because I've been worried about this happening, but something hasn't felt right all along. This is why.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Was there a contract with the Colts or not?  Reports today said the Colts hired him and now this.  If there was no contract than why did the Colts announce the hire?  If there was a contract a law suite might be imminent.  But in my opinion it's not worth pursuing this scumbag.  Chalk it up as a lesson learned.  We set ourselves up to get screwed over by wallowing in the mud with these scums.

If there was a signed contract, then NE will lose some picks.  

Habitual cheaters never change. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

You're confident that Ballard has a plan? 

Are you serious!

You mean like the plan he had to hire a worthless coach that totally embarrassed him and the Colts?

Ballard is going to take a big hit from this as he should. 

How is Ballard to blame?

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I'm Chris Ballard,  I'm on the phone with the NFL and telling them the Pats can keep McDaniels. 

And we'll be happy to take their FIRST ROUND PICKS THE NEXT TWO YEARS!!   Period.       :colts:

Here's my thought: I'd imagine he was signed with us. After all, we were having a press conference TOMORROW! How could we not have him signed, yet announce something like that?

First round pick, come to us!

I doubt there is a contract. We made the announcement after a verbal agreement, the deal was likely to be signed tomorrow. 

Otherwise the Patriots would have played it slow and tried to get a deal worked out for compensation before this blindsiding news. 

This ives Irsay and Ballard cause to raise the price. Trying to work out a deal without them being * off would have been much easier. 

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If he signed the contract (he must have since Colts announced him as the new coach) Colts should get something out of it.

He did sign the contract we can go after him and NE we can get some much out of it because he was under contract including draft picks who knows

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How can you prove anything? I mean has a right to change his mind. But I hope there is a tampering charge though I hate New England.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I doubt there was an actual contract that was signed.

But what I think WAS signed is what is called a "Letter or understanding."

Sort of a simplified contract.     BUT....     I think he can have the effect of a contract.

So,  I think the Colts are clearly entitled to HUGE compensation.

We got screwed.      We are clearly a damaged party.      We deserve compensation. 

In the NFL,  over this type of issue,   that means DRAFT PICKS!     And I'd say multiple.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think it's revenge for Deflategate, and just a chance to make the Colts look bad and screw up their offseason. Job well done, obviously.

And I know no one will believe me, but Belichick with the Jets has been in the back of my mind all along... If we get a first rounder from them like the Jets did, it will kind of be worth it, but I doubt that happens.

I Believe you because I was thinking the same thing

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I agree....this is a career defining moment for Chris Ballard. Crap happens....this is his moment to step up and define himself as our GM. The next move he makes might very well determine many many years for the Colts. We can’t take a step back...does he let us spiral to the Cleveland’s of the league or suck it up...hire a great coach and let this be a rallying cry for us. All eyes are on you CB!

Yeah...I don't know about some others but I'm fired up right now!  We will rally and we will build a winner with integrity. I get the feeling that you don't want to * Ballard off. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd wager it's at least partially if not totally deflategate related.. Which is fascinating, since it was the Patriots/Dorito Doink/The Deflator/Brady breaking the rules, not the Colts. 

What a miserable bunch. I really genuinely hate that team. All of these media types trying to suggest somehow I'm small minded for not enjoying their crap.. 

So glad the lost that game Sunday. 

Exactly.. ALL the media loves them "enjoy this excellence and greatest you're wistnessing" it's a bunch of crap. Thank you Nick Foles... The Patriots lost to the backup... Not even the real guy...