Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee there are coaches trying to get their agents to call Ballard right now. This is one of 32 jobs in the whole world. The franchise has a great history, has a great fan base, a great stadium, a great owner, an up and coming GM, and Andrew Luck. Although this stings and is embarrassing, it is far from the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know how the rules are different.

But I'm betting we have a Letter of Understanding with McDaniels signature on it.

If the Pats have made him a better deal to stay fine --- but they have to pay the price.

The Colts are clearly a damaged party here.     And at this late date,   seriously damaged.

I think we're entitled to substantial damages.....    New England should feel a very sharp pain for what they've done.

I agree with most of this.

But the rules have changed over time regarding hiring coaches who are still coaching in the playoffs. We waited around for McDaniels because, at some point, we got the indication that he was taking the job. We can't rely on that indication because it wasn't binding, per the rules.

If he signed something indicating intent over the past two days, then it's open and shut, IMO. 

If not, I still think the Colts get awarded a pick. Maybe not a first. I don't know what will happen, to be honest. But I'm sure Pete Ward is on the phone with the league office as we speak.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Reports are that he did not sign a contract with Indy.  This could also fall on Indy for putting the cart before the horse here....

or taking a man at his word.  It was today that they agreed to terms and somehow hours later he's all

'I told them I wasn't comfortable moving my family'

Good grief

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah they are what we are and we set ourselves up to get played.  I hope the Pats lose some picks but they got over on us this time.

Colts fans repent!  We were led astray and blinded by the glory promised by a disciple of the Hoodie and his tainted Super Bowl rings. A coach who would do this is not one who we want leading our franchise.  Our eyes are now open and we are broken.  Now...we can rise again. 

Nah. I'm ok with it.  

They're habitual cheaters that have asterisks next to each championship.  

Idk why anyone is surprised. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm moving on from McDaniels.

Now, I want BLOOD from the Patriots.     At a minimum I want New England's FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS this year AND next.     18 and 19.     And maybe more.

The Colts are a damaged party.     To have to start a new HC search at this late date?     We're screwed.    Not saying we can't still get a decent coach,   but the Pats have made things incredibly difficult.

I think the Pats have to pay for this and I want EVERYTHING WE CAN GET!!

I highly doubt the colts will get anything 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm moving on from McDaniels.

Now, I want BLOOD from the Patriots.     At a minimum I want New England's FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS this year AND next.     18 and 19.     And maybe more.

The Colts are a damaged party.     To have to start a new HC search at this late date?     We're screwed.    Not saying we can't still get a decent coach,   but the Pats have made things incredibly difficult.

I think the Pats have to pay for this and I want EVERYTHING WE CAN GET!!

We agree on all that buddy!

:D

I think we were done dirty, but I do believe it would have been much worse had we continued down that road. 

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

or taking a man at his word.  It was today that they agreed to terms and somehow hours later he's all

Good grief

Could be.  The article from Adam Schefter made it sound like he was iffy the whole time and never actually gave his word that he would come to Indy

44 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

LOL!

And I was the.... for not wanting him. LOL

I just want to thank all the people who called me the $*&^&%! for not wanting Josh McCheat! You guys are my hero's!

:D

This news has made my day.

You weren't the only one.  I'm glad he's not here and glad he showed his true colors.  

Biggest reason why I've been trying to stay away from the coaching threads because few are open minded when they tunnel vision.

Just now, Nadine said:

Good grief

Yes...  Clearly looking more and more like a set up...

On the bright side....  They still lost the Super Bowl.    :applause:

They're going to disintegrate  soon enough.

I'm reallllllly curious as to who gave the go ahead to put out the official tweet/statement.

It's really hard for me to believe that, if no contract was signed, Ballard gave the go ahead. Especially if they knew McDaniels had been iffy about it.

Then again it sounds like there's reports that we knew/didn't know he was iffy.

6 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I don't see BB retiring soon. So I guess McDaniels torpedoed his professional reputation for a job he might not have for years. Seems strange to me.

I believe BB is under contract for the 2018  & that he & Kraft have bumped heads over Jimmy G & that BB has had a issue with Tommy Boys trainer IMO McDanials has been promised the HC position in 2019 by Kraft  EGO's are getting in the way in New England .

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Are you suggesting the Colts are a poorly run team?  Hard to see any fault with what they did.

Grigson - Pagano - McDaniels

Not a very good track record. I understand that McDaniels is a very good OC, but why focus on a guy who clearly has been looking for a ready made team to coach? That was a red flag for me. It didn’t bother me as much that he failed in Denver and St. Louis. His pickiness in taking another coaching job did. Plus you had to wait so long to hire him? Add on top of that the fact he worked for a shady Patriots organization. 

First WE ARE NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK McDaniels IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......Second this just might put a chip on the shoulder of everyone in this franchise.......I do wonder tho .....Is there something wrong with Andrew......I hope not !

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I highly doubt the colts will get anything 

Seriously?

I have zero doubt we'll get something.

When Belichick screwed the Jets about 20 years ago,  I think the Pats paid a 1 and a 4.     It's in the latest 30 for 30.

I think the only question is how much.     This is a TERRIBLE look for the NFL.

No reason to fight over McDaniels.    You don't want a person who doesn't want to join you.     But to come away with nothing?     Unthinkable.

I'm asking for the moon and will raise HELL if we don't get most of the way there.

New England has to pay a serious price here.      This can't go unchecked.

4 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I just don't get it. Brady will be gone soon enough. They won't be the NE that he's used to. Why not take a shot to be a HC without living in Belichick's shadow? We have just as much offensive talent, outside of the TE position.

Only thing I can think is they promised him personnel control,  but even then.  The Colts put all their eggs in one basket , that's a risky prop anyway you slice it.  

Revenge for Deflategate?

That won't be decided for years.  Who knows, given his track record in Denver, sending him here might have been the best revenge. 

If he becomes HC in New England, the joke might eventually be on you.