Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

The only material difference is that McDaniels evidently hadn't signed a contract. And I agree that that's a big issue, but end of the day, the situation is the same. McDaniels agreed to take the job, then backed out at the 11th hour. Result is the same, the would-be hiring team is blindsided by someone reneging on an agreement, signed or verbal. 

It's hard to see the league office viewing it any other way.

There is zero chance the league will award compensation because a guy not under contract decided not to take a job.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

This is me taking the high road. 

The backlash should be much worse. I am keeping it very tamed compared to what my reaction SHOULD be. 

All I know is, the governor probably needs to call up the national guard for the next time the Patriots and McDaniels come to Indy, they'll likely to need the protection. If they complained about the Noise in the RCA dome before, they'll really be complaining the next time

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's something the Colts can do...

They can go to the NFL for relief.      For damages.      And I think the NFL will award them.

I will be beyond stunned if the Colts are not awarded draft picks from the Pats.

Not too sure about that. If he didn't sign a contract I don't think anything can be done.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My hunch is he did sign something.    Some type of letter of understanding.    It's used in the NFL.    Maybe even in other sports leagues.      So, we may have a signed document.

But even if he didn't sign anything,   we clearly had an understanding.     That's how we reportedly were getting the Pats special teams coach and maybe their assistant QB coach too.    And all those other assistants who came with the understanding that McDaneils wanted them.  

I think we have enough circumstantial evidence that there was an agreement in place.

I think the NFL will want to reward the Colts for this.   I think the league would look terrible if they didn't step in and act.

I love your post and I so hope your right. I mean the * had us on lockdown for at least a month. This just proves what a terrible organization they have. I have absolutely no respect for them anymore. 

Just now, Bad Morty said:

There is zero chance the league will award compensation because a guy not under contract decided not to take a job.

Word is that he did sign something. But there's so much conflicting information right now, we won't know for several days when the dust settles

After further review, I'm ECSTATIC he showed his true colors again before he started here.  

I really really disliked the guy (even to the point of swearing off the Colts if they hired him).  

Doesn't matter who we hire now IMO.  

He/she will be a better HC than Pagano and a WAY better person than mcdaniels (not a proper name so no capitalization needed).

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Did several people call you an * for not wanting Josh McDaniels?

This feels good in several ways for me. First, we don't have to marry that butt clown. Second, I get to watch all the people who talked down to me, back out of their reasoning for hiring him. 

And that's why I never got sold on any one candidate to begin with. 

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I said a month ago Mularkey would be fired after the Titans playoff loss and that McDaniels would end up chosing New England over the Colts.

I was ridiculed for these predictions, and laughed at.

But in hind sight it did indeed happen.

Congrats mate

Just now, BlueShoe said:

This feels good in several ways for me. First, we don't have to marry that butt clown. Second, I get to watch all the people who talked down to me, back out of their reasoning for hiring him. 

Yeah, the word is he was the main one responsible for Spygate. I don't want to get behind a cheater we win the right way here and will. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

There's something the Colts can do...

They can go to the NFL for relief.      For damages.      And I think the NFL will award them.

I will be beyond stunned if the Colts are not awarded draft picks from the Pats.

ONLY if he signed a deal with the colts already. Even the. It be a hard sell. He was not hired as pats HC but retained as an OC.  I will be stunned if the Colts get anything. And FYI Kraft went to the Jets and did the deal of trades for BB that was NOT  rewarded by the league. 

I mean  what would you get for a man staying at his old job instead of taking a promotion?  Like I said it all depends if he signed anything..

Just now, Superman said:

I think you'll be wrong in the end. Let's see.

Like with Bountygate if the colts can prove JM verbally committed, they may come down on this to discourage future shenanigans. All colts have to do is provide any proof JM had (even informally) agreed to the job and that should be enough.

7 minutes ago, snkdy said:

As contentious as the Kraft/Belichick relationship is, I still can't see Kraft letting him go for McDaniels. Belichick would have to retire and there's no guarantee that he'll do so by next year. I don't know. It seems like McDaniels has decided to leave his future up in the air instead of taking a guaranteed job.

Either that or Kraft blackmailed him. Hmm... I typed that in jest, but now that I think on it, Kraft that sleazeball would certainly do that.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

you must have really suffered these past few weeks :console:

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you're so upset you're not thinking clearly.

At all.

This is NOT on Chris Ballard.

I disagree. 

And often I'm in agreement with you.  But your job is to vet people with issues.  Everyone was so worked up over his antics with Cutler and didn't focus on the real issue.  Mcdaniels cheated in Denver.  He has been a part of or associated with every scandal in the past decade.  That has to be the fore front of your mind when you are hiring the leader and face of your franchise. 

And yes before you ask.  I do think all of the other teams who had interest in Mcdaniels would be under the same judicious treatment.  He shouldn't have been in consideration from the beginning.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Just because someone had a different opinion didn't mean anyone was talking down to you. You always get butt hurt when some don't agree with you.

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I said a month ago Mularkey would be fired after the Titans playoff loss and that McDaniels would end up chosing New England over the Colts.

I was ridiculed for these predictions, and laughed at.

But in hind sight, it did indeed happen.

You also said McDaniels was going to Tennessee and that indeed did not happen.

Just now, BlueShoe said:

You can remember this the way you want to, but it went WAY beyond people having different opinions. The few of us who were completely against McDaniels as our head coach was bashed and beaten like a red-headed step child. 

I was bashed on Reddit. I don't remember people being too hostile here.