McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It is not about me. 

I do think all the people who SHAMED those of us for not wanting Josh McDaniels should apologize.

Instead, it is more of the same though. Too many people don't own their mistakes in this world.

So you’re happy you were right about a cruddy person doing a cruddy thing to the team that effectively sets us back and hurts the organization over all? 

Congratulations. You should feel REALLY good. 

9 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

You can't go from McDaniels to Taub, you just can't.  It would be like landing Brett Favre, then having to settle for Curtis Painter.

Well, people kept thinking early on that Toub may be the guy because Ballard worked with him and knew him. It may also be that it's because Ballard worked with and knows Toub that he didn't even get an interview.

I'd still rather have an offensive guy to work closely with Luck.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

What are you talking about?

Fear?

Dude you took this too a whole other level. Psst. 

Try reading your own post.  You have been cranking up the level with every post you make. Even the most respected Mod in here tried to talk to you about how you were acting and it evidently went over your head. 

Your pity party is over for me.

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

So you’re happy you were right about a cruddy person doing a cruddy thing to the team that effectively sets us back and hurts the organization over all? 

Congratulations. You should feel REALLY good. 

I am happy that it only set us back this year. 

Hiring him would have been years of pain and destruction.

I'm another who didn't get on the JM bandwagon. It wasn't because I had any preferences about JM, it was because I was so uncomfortable seeing us dealing with the dirty filthy Patriots. I loathe them and didn't want any future Colts success to be credited to them.

Colts are the losers in this for now, because (just like deflate-gate) the big NE media outlets like ESPN, will establish a narrative that will inevitably come out; Patriots good, Colts bad.

WINNING IS THE ONLY WAY THIS NARRATIVE CAN BE CHANGED.

Things happen for a reason though. Often something happens that seems bad at the time, but in retrospect it turns out to be awesome. This is one of those moments. 

Go Colts!

4 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Not getting the narrative that McDaniel's unprofessionalism is proof that Luck's shoulder is worse than reported. McDaniels must have asked about the shoulder prior to agreeing with the team.

Well, many on here said that there’s no way he takes the job unless he knew Luck would be ok which I don’t think anyone really knows with 100% certainty. Since he’s backed out some are just connecting dots. 

Welll......we can’t look in the rear view mirror and must move forward, unfortunately there aren’t many good HC out there short of giving a blank check to a high profile ex HC.  This has really set the Colts back quite a bit and does make Ballard look bad.  Where there is smoke there’s fire and there was definitely a ton of smoke the last few days.  Oh well, maybe Irsay and Ballard can go comb the high schools to see if there is any good talent in that domain.  GO COLTS!!!

9 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

So is it now your intent to make this thread about you ? 

I for one am getting tired of your posts get over your self even a broken clock is right twice a day you made your point several times .....

I agree. Dude needs to just go away. I was on his side but dang he's not taking any road but south.

I think it's career suicide in this sense, first he completely destroyed his credibility (likely).  Now he has to step in for the best NFL coach of all time in a town that will not accept losses.  Where before, he was taking over for Pagano and one of the worst records in football.  It would have been hard for him to screw up.  Maybe we were convincing ourselves that he was "it" even though we all had a bad taste in our mouths from the Denver situation.  This could be a God-send.

I’m going to say this one time. Bill Belichick and the Pats may be better at their job and obviously accomplished more than almost any other organization but I’ll tell you this. I would be more proud of 1 SB with a class act like Tony Dungy and his staff then 5 with what they have over there in NE. I’m serious there is something to be said for integrity and being a man of your word and winning the right way. I had my concerns about McD...but I felt he deserved a second chance and had learned. Just how he and that organization behaves...I have never said anything about * etc on their championships but I’m saying it right now...I put an * on their “Patriot Way”.

44 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm not buying the Deflategate revenge from McDaniels' perspective.  So he also gave up the Giants and Titans jobs just to screw us?  That was part of the plan?

Doubt it.  He was likely, at the last moment, guaranteed the HC job in New England within a few years.  Simple as that.

Maybe not from Mcdaniels, but i think Kraft had this planned out from the beginning and probably was never truly worried about him leaving. He let this thing go as far it could go before finally stepping in and "sweetning" a deal to keep him.  I seen a report somewhere that McDaniels indicated that if the Pats had presented this opportunity earlier he wouldn't have pursued other jobs.  Kraft knew he was in serious talks all along with the Colts but waits until the night before to try and keep him?  This was Kraft sticking one to the Colts. Simple as that.  He let this thing go as along as it could knowing all along he was going to present him a deal he couldnt refuse.

5 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Well, many on here said that there’s no way he takes the job unless he knew Luck would be ok which I don’t think anyone really knows with 100% certainty. Since he’s backed out some are just connecting dots. 

But he was calling assistants this morning and offering them jobs. A press conference was scheduled for tomorrow. He had agreed in principle to coach this team, which is something I doubt he would have done if Luck's shoulder was an issue. I mean, the health of the QB was probably McDaniels's first question during his interview. I'm skeptical that McDaniels received new information between this morning and now that influenced his decision. It's much more likely that Kraft just offered him the Patriots job.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

We're talking about two different things.

1) The timing and impact on the Colts. In every way that matters, this is just like Belichick and the Jets. There's no reason to dig into the nitty gritty and minutiae, this is the same situation, the Colts are just as blindsided as the Jets were, etc. McDaniels was calling potential assistants, who have now signed contracts with the Colts, as late as this morning. He screwed us, plain and simple.

2) The league's stance on this. We don't know what will happen. It's seems obvious that McDaniels hadn't signed an actual contract. And in the Jets case, Belichick was under contract, and the end result was the Jets traded him to the Pats (for all intents and purposes) for draft picks. Clean resolution to a messy situation.

Since McDaniels was not officially a Colts employee, it's possible the resolution to this messy situation won't be as clean as it was back then. But you better believe the Colts are filing a grievance, and I'm pretty sure they'll have the support of the majority of the other owners in the league. They were irreparably harmed by McDaniels actions, and the Patriots facilitated that harm by swooping in at the last minute, when they had over a month to discuss a plan to retain McDaniels.

I think you can also count on the league not wanting to see one team hang another team out to dry like this.

I don't know what will happen, but if you think it's as simple as 'he wasn't officially signed,' I think you're being naive.

Here's the problem.  Any other AC in the NFL can back out at the last minute because he gets cold feet.  And because his current team takes him back, it's not going to be viewed by the NFL as a punishable offense.

And if you notice the comments made by McD and Kraft, there is no indication the Pats swooped in at the last minute to sweeten the pot.  McD said he returned despite no promises being made by the Pats.

I agree that McD was saying things to get the Colts to make contracts with other coaches, but NE has nothing to do with that.

If NE meddled, maybe there is punishment.  But if McD simply changed his mind at the last minute, it would actually send a bad message to the other 31 teams if NE was punished for McD changing his mind.

Having said that, my gut says this was planned by Josh and Kraft weeks ago, to keep the Colts and Luck down for as long as possible for when McD takes over for the Pats.

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It is not about me. 

I do think all the people who SHAMED those of us for not wanting Josh McDaniels should apologize.

Instead, it is more of the same though. Too many people don't own their mistakes in this world.

Who shamed you? What was said? I've been here for almost 2 months now and I honestly can't remember anyone being shamed for being against the hire. Quick question are you a Barkley guy or Chubb guy? Just wondering if we are going to go through this again come draft time.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's who I want and we still can. I think Reich would do a Great job Coaching Luck.

Frank is a winner . Greatest comeback at Maryland, Buffalo, and big part of Philly’s win. Better karma to go with the guy who helped beat the evil Patriots we all dislike. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I told you guys years ago to get Reich. He’s class and a great coach. If the Ravens fire Harbaugh, he would be my pick. McDaniels is a loser like the cunning Krafts. Be glad this happened !

John Harbaugh has been my dream pick for a long time.  

I really like him.

9 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I don't see how it could turn out good.  Irsay and Ballard need to back out of ALL contracts with ANY assistants.....you can't force coaches on your new head coach....that's no different than Ballard having to put up with Pagano for a year of cringe-worthy football because Irsay made him.  This is a disaster.

I see your point, but I will feel badly for those families if that's the course we take. I just think that Ballard will want to ensure those jobs for the coaches who made an agreement in good faith.

If this entire thing was set up by Kraft, then I will dedicate my life to exposing him and his franchise. I will gladly wear the banner jokes and ridicule on my sleeve, and accuse that hive of scum and villainy of everything under the sun so that one day maybe they can have all of their trophys taken away from them. 

Earlier today I discussed with someone about integrity, about how fans like myself accepted and Patriot too quickly. Well I feel like an * now.

Down with the Patriots.

6 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

So first off, I don't disagree that this is a pretty bad look for McDaniels, and if I were a Colts fan I would be as angry as everyone here is. But again I will say it...what is the harm? No team is guaranteed that the person they want to hire for a job will accept that job. The fact that he agreed verbally to the terms the Colts presented him and then changed his mind is really irrelevant. People are allowed to do this, regardless of the negative ramifications on the other party. The only thing they AREN'T allowed to do is reneg on a legal contract. So where is the "irreparable harm" that needs to be remedied? They tried to hire him, he said no...it's as simple as that. Had he said no 4 weeks ago, nobody would be arguing for any compensation, right? So a risk was taken by the Colts to wait 4 weeks for him to make this decision. That risk is the sole responsibility of the Colts. It's not the responsibility of another team to compensate the Colts for the risk they willingly took to wait the extra 4 weeks on an uncertain outcome.

I think there are issues with not having a signed contract but they may have equity arguments as well but most of all we are not talking about what laws or rights limit our courts.  They will be heard by the league which as we have seen can meter out damages as it sees fit.  I’m not saying it will happen but it may be an avenue for the colts. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How long would we have to wait to interview Reich? I saw something about the Vikes having to wait to interview DeFlip

I might not sure why they have to wait but it also isn’t for a HC job...I don’t think anyone can deny someone a promotional interview which would be for Reich.