Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

2 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I'm sure 31 owners in the NFL are non too happy about this being acceptable per the rules.

I was just thinking about this as well. 

The owners are supposed to be a collective team of owners. I am sure most of them are not happy about this. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

It doesn't hurt to ask...but if you separate the 2 teams involved here ( I understand that's difficult) and just view it as an issue between 2 NFC teams, you are left with an assistant coach who entertained a head coaching offer, waffled on it, then said no and returned to the job he already had. I've done this myself in life...I went through 3 interviews and got a job offer from a company, then my existing company which I really enjoyed, stepped up and made me an offer I couldn't refuse...so I said no to the other company. I felt badly about it, but ultimately I made the right call for me and my family and that's really all that matters. You can't start punishing people for that.

Yep.  Its why NE won't get punished.

Now, if it can be proven that this was all a plan by Josh and Kraft invented weeks ago to foil the Colts coaching search, then obviously its punishable.  How do you prove that?

30 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

If this is true, I think the Pats are going to pay a big penalty.  @Superman does this change anything?  Now there's some intent known

I guess is depends on the facts.

As Josh was not under written contract, he is not an employee of the Colts, and if the Pats simply wanted him back (due perhaps to recent events here in NE)  and made him a better offer then all the colts would be left with imo opinion would be a promissory estoppel action which would really only be against Josh.   At which point my guess would be the NFL could jump in and award the Colts a compensatory pick.

However, if on the other hand there is more of a devious plot on behalf of the Pats to hurt the Colts and effectively "tamper" with negotiations with a potential employee than the NFL might be able to go after the Pats.

My two cents. 

Time will tell. 

19 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

The fact that he agreed verbally to the terms the Colts presented him and then changed his mind is really irrelevant. People are allowed to do this, regardless of the negative ramifications on the other party.

Are you seriously here to focus on this issue?

It doesn't matter to me what happens with payment.  If you are ok with his behavior....fine.  

But, it was a low move on his part and not something that most anyone would ever do.  Not anyone who cared about their integrity and reputation anyway.

sheesh

Feels like the colts asked the popular girl to the prom, she said yes and stood us up.  We all know how this story ends...the colts go on to make all the right moves and create a dynasty, while the popular girl goes on to flunk out out of community college, promptly put on 85lbs and spend her days daydreaming about what could have been, as she shoves another spoonful of funfetti icing into her mouth...I have never felt as much disdain for the Pats as I do right now

This feels terrible. But at the end of the day, I'm just a fan. Who I REALLY feel bad for are those assistant coaches that have possibly already uprooted their families and now are just lost in the void. People were hurt by this, and not just their feelings.

4 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

It doesn't hurt to ask...but if you separate the 2 teams involved here ( I understand that's difficult) and just view it as an issue between 2 NFC teams, you are left with an assistant coach who entertained a head coaching offer, waffled on it, then said no and returned to the job he already had. I've done this myself in life...I went through 3 interviews and got a job offer from a company, then my existing company which I really enjoyed, stepped up and made me an offer I couldn't refuse...so I said no to the other company. I felt badly about it, but ultimately I made the right call for me and my family and that's really all that matters. You can't start punishing people for that.

Morty I get you...but let’s call be honest these two situations are no where near similar to you going back to your job. On the surface the comparison might make sense but everything that goes into a hiring of such a high level position is so much different and it didn’t just effect McDaniels and his family. Several others families were effected as well...and if there is truth to NE doing this somehow to be vindictive...well let’s not go there because of how wrong that would be. I’m not going to let me go there in my mind to save my anger.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Are you seriously here to focus on this issue?

It doesn't matter to me what happens with payment.  If you are ok with his behavior....fine.  

But, it was a low move on his part and not something that most anyone would ever do.  Not anyone who cared about their integrity and reputation anyway.

sheesh

Oh I think it was a totally D-move...I'm just saying that there's not going to be any compensation if there wasn't a signed contract.

3 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/961069796879142914

Spoke with several members of what was supposed to be McDaniels’ Indy coaching staff. They have not heard from Josh McDaniels regarding the change of heart. Just as blindsided as the rest of us. #Colts

wow, what class, McDaniels is a real piece of work.

I guess his 'feelings' about uprooting his family didn't extend to the people he had uproot their families

1 minute ago, BPindy said:

This feels terrible. But at the end of the day, I'm just a fan. Who I REALLY feel bad for are those assistant coaches that have possibly already uprooted their families and now are just lost in the void. People were hurt by this, and not just their feelings.

Feel the samevway

1 minute ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Nothing surprises me anymore. im now expecting the following headline tomorrow . Breaking News the NFL have overturned Clements and Ertz touchdowns, the pats have won their 6th superbowl

LOL!

It would prove the Patriots favoritism conspiracy theories. :D 

3 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I guess is depends on the facts.

As Josh was not under written contract, he is not an employee of the Colts, and if the Pats simply wanted him back (due perhaps to recent events here in NE)  and made him a better offer then all the colts would be left with imo opinion would be a promissory estoppel action which would really only be against Josh.   At which point my guess would be the NFL could jump in and award the Colts a compensatory pick.

However, if on the other hand there is more of a devious plot on behalf of the Pats to hurt the Colts and effectively "tamper" with negotiations with a potential employee than the NFL might be able to go after the Pats.

My two cents. 

Time will tell. 

Intentional interference with a contract but I doubt they can get the proof 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I actually only intended to make a couple of posts in this thread and then walk away. But you know how it can be to have an opinion on this board. :D 

Omg....just start a thread to brag about yourself already...let’s see how many people will care enough to comment in it. If you want to post something supportive or relevant to this thread then fine but otherwise give it a rest.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Yep.  Its why NE won't get punished.

Now, if it can be proven that this was all a plan by Josh and Kraft invented weeks ago to foil the Colts coaching search, then obviously its punishable.  How do you prove that?

We need Assange to investigate otherwise nothing can be proven.

BB/ Kraft play chess.  Take your eyes off the board and they will make you pay.

I recently had someone come to work for a day, then quit because the job they wanted opened up. Cost us a single day's paycheck, and we offered the job to the next candidate who's still here.

This is very different: Millions of dollars were committed, plans were made. This, IMO, is like starting the process of hiring a Project Manager for a huge project, but they're not under official contract yet because official duties. However, they've guided you to hire/spend XYZ dollars for parts/software/skilled labor that will assist. Then the day before the project begins, walks in and defecates all over your desk, hands you the bills for the contracts officially signed, and walks out.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Morty I get you...but let’s call be honest these two situations are no where near similar to you going back to your job. On the surface the comparison might make sense but everything that goes into a hiring of such a high level position is so much different and it didn’t just effect McDaniels and his family. Several others families were effected as well...and if there is truth to NE doing this somehow to be vindictive...well let’s not go there because of how wrong that would be. I’m not going to let me go there in my mind to save my anger.

None of us know his motivation. It was being reported days ago that this wasn't a done deal, meaning he must have had some sort of reservations. How do we know that his reservations weren't with the ownership/management and maybe he took the premature announcement of his hiring before the contract was signed as an unprofessional move by the Colts that scared him off?

6 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Feels like the colts asked the popular girl to the prom, she said yes and stood us up.  We all know how this story ends...the colts go on to make all the right moves and create a dynasty, while the popular girl goes on to flunk out out of community college, promptly put on 85lbs and spend her days daydreaming about what could have been, as she shoves another spoonful of funfetti icing into her mouth...I have never felt as much disdain for the Pats as I do right now

That’s not how real life works. Yes the Colts get stood up the popular girl ends up being a stripper and you are drug into a club on your bachelor party and see her stripping and shake your head. Then years later she marries and old fat rich guy and lives the good life but everything you see her you remember the way she debased herself to get ahead in life. I’m sure the Pats will win out still somehow but we will always remember how they showed their true colors and debased themselves and their character to get what they wanted.

12 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I'm sure 31 owners in the NFL are non too happy about this being acceptable per the rules.

And I'm sure the other 31 owners have had it with the Pats and there overall pattern of misbehavior.  I can see them getting behind Irsay in his quest for a remedy to this latest incident. 

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I have walked away several times. People keep bringing me back.

Evidently they like it. 

It’s all good...I’ll just ignore it then....something I would suggest you try doing to if you care about how annoying it is to most of us as we are reading over the comments and having listen to the I told you so crowd etc. good luck with getting your kudos.

2 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

None of us know his motivation. It was being reported days ago that this wasn't a done deal, meaning he must have had some sort of reservations. How do we know that his reservations weren't with the ownership/management and maybe he took the premature announcement of his hiring before the contract was signed as an unprofessional move by the Colts that scared him off?

An excellent point.  

9 minutes ago, BPindy said:

I agree 100%

This is really the biggest shame of all people made plans based on Mcdanials  agreeing to terms with the Colts , 

1 hour ago, LSD9402 said:

Damage control. Everyone knows he was supposed to be the target. Meanwhile all the other candidates they had interest in like Shurmur, Nagy, Wilks, and Vrabel are gone. This isn't a good spot for the team.

Meh, all those guys will probably be fired within 3-4 yrs

16 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/961069796879142914

Spoke with several members of what was supposed to be McDaniels’ Indy coaching staff. They have not heard from Josh McDaniels regarding the change of heart. Just as blindsided as the rest of us. #Colts

What a freaking * !! I don't care if I get in trouble for that statement because it's true. Wow. He just destroyed those coaches and their families too.

8 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

FWIW: On Sunday, ESPN's @mortreport reported there still are doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he could wind up needing additional surgery.

Schefter's twitter

yea, for what it's worth

Good grief not that crap again

9 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Yeah, cause now it forces the colts to either retain them and force a staff on a new HC or fire them and have all those guys with out jobs. Wow. I can't imagine the league liking this in any shape or fashion

4 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

The roasting the Patriots are getting is worse

i hope so because we had 3 major coaches in our facility that McDaniels didn't even bother to call.  Talk about arrogant and unbecoming behavior.  Kraft should be taking some heat for this underhanded move.  I was basking in glory watching the younger Kraft holding his head down in disbelief after they lost.  I couldn't understand why I felt that way, but now I do.

3 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Who cares what fans says. Patriot fans in particular are notoriously cancerous on the internet. Obviously not all of them, but the majority will never admit the Patriots have ever cheated before, and think that the NFL is out to get them haha.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:
13 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

That’s not how real life works. Yes the Colts get stood up the popular girl ends up being a stripper and you are drug into a club on your bachelor party and see her stripping and shake your head. Then years later she marries and old fat rich guy and lives the good life but everything you see her you remember the way she debased herself to get ahead in life. I’m sure the Pats will win out still somehow but we will always remember how they showed their true colors and debased themselves and their character to get what they wanted.

I grew up in the 80s, my story ends with an overweight, out-of-work McDaniels.