Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It is my opinion form talking to other people about it, but I think the rest of the league kind of saw us as sore losers. I know a lot of fans from other teams did. If the score would have been close then would would have had a huge argument, but form the people I talked to about deflate gate... they mostly think the Colts were sore losers. 

I think the Colts took more of a black-eye than the Patriots did. 

Doesn't matter what the score was. They meticulously crafted and executed a plan to cheat. Then ended up having to use our game balls to finish the game.  

They should have been disqualified for not having any legal footballs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think I told you that I did not like McDaniels. I also did not want him or Patricia coming to NY (Giants), as I would have to hear them interviewed. 

I like Reich. Much better fit than ex-Pat.

Reich doesn't even call the plays.  What makes you think he can be a head coach?

16 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I agree. 

Been trying to pay attention to this part of the discussion. I think it's an interesting point. 

Verbal contracts are legally binding - if you can prove it. 

Since we're talking about the NFL, and not a criminal case, it's basically proven that there was a verbal agreement. Circumstantially, the assistants that were contacted by McDaniels today are all the evidence you need that he agreed to take the job.

Sharing these here from my lovely wife.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FauxAndyLuck/status/961055704965562370/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/FauxAndyLuck/status/961045386960891904/photo/1

hope I did that right...never the less need some levity. 

Edit....didn’t work...sorry guys...but if someone knows how to post from the faux Andy luck twitter page it’s hilarious!! Trust me it helps to laugh!

Just now, ricker182 said:

Doesn't matter what the score was. They meticulously crafted and executed a plan to cheat. Then ended up having to use our game balls to finish the game.  

They should have been disqualified for not having any legal footballs.

I completely agree with you. The score should have not been the issue. Cheating is cheating. That said, I think most people don't see it the same way you and I (and probably most Colts fans) do. 

16 minutes ago, eseae said:

I warned you all about mccheater. You laughed, called me names, said I was crazy not to want a be convicted Cheater running our team. 

He is a cheating back stabbing loser, as I have said in many posts before today.

Apologies will now be accepted.

Sorry, this role has already been cast. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Since we're talking about the NFL, and not a criminal case, it's basically proven that there was a verbal agreement. Circumstantially, the assistants that were contacted by McDaniels today are all the evidence you need that he agreed to take the job.

I agree. And I think you and NewColtsFAn have laid out a very strong case.

Well Done!

57 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

There are NFL rules that say cannot interview until after season ends.

Fro Philadelphia, that is Valentines day.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/2/6/16979958/schefter-vikings-cant-interview-john-defilippo-until-valentines-day

Read the article to the end. It says they cannot interview him, because QB coach to coordinator is a lateral move. OC to HC is a promotion, with different rules.

1 minute ago, Andrew86 said:

Reich doesn't even call the plays.  What makes you think he can be a head coach?

Why cant Reich just use Pederson's Offense/play calling here. He knows it inside and out as he is the OC in Philly, pretty simple. It would be a great Offense for Luck to be in. Reich is not dumb, he can use the same type of game planning that Pederson has.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The legal basis is the Colts are a damaged franchise by this move.

The top HC candidates have gone elsewhere.    The OC candidates have gone elsewhere.     McDaniels loss hurts as both as the HC and the OC.

We have hired roughly half a staff at his direction.    I'm sure McDaniels has spoken with each of the assistants he has hired.     I'm sure he spoke to the ST coach of the Pats who was supposed to leave New England for Indy.

This is an easy case even if no paper work was signed.     But I suspect there's a signed letter of agreement somewhere.      Because I'm sure we have a contract laid out waiting for Josh to sign.     How did those terms magically appear on a contract unless Josh and his agent had already agreed to them?

The Colts have been damaged.    And the Patriots damaged us by enticing a coach who had already agreed to terms to join Indy to reneg on the deal.       The news of McDaniels to Indy didn't catch Kraft off-guard.    It's been out there for weeks.      But the stories out today say Kraft moved in the last 48 hours.     

The Pats damaged the Colts.     I expect the NFL to drop the hammer on New England.

It's a TERRIBLE look for the NFL.   They HAVE to do something.    I don't think doing nothing is even an option.

Post of the thread!!! 

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Guys, here's something I heard a few weeks ago that just crossed my mind. Did you know that Doug Peterson was the Eagles 3rd choice when they hired him? He was a contingency because their first choice was freaking Chuck Pagano, but we retained him.. 

Things happen, hopefully this forces Ballard to look outside of the box a little bit. Maybe find a guy who doesn't smash his ears with a visor and cheat and backstab ect..

Bruce Arians never interviewed for a head coaching position until he got the cardinals job. Lot of guesswork goes into hiring coaches.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The legal basis is the Colts are a damaged franchise by this move.

The top HC candidates have gone elsewhere.    The OC candidates have gone elsewhere.     McDaniels loss hurts as both as the HC and the OC.

We have hired roughly half a staff at his direction.    I'm sure McDaniels has spoken with each of the assistants he has hired.     I'm sure he spoke to the ST coach of the Pats who was supposed to leave New England for Indy.

This is an easy case even if no paper work was signed.     But I suspect there's a signed letter of agreement somewhere.      Because I'm sure we have a contract laid out waiting for Josh to sign.     How did those terms magically appear on a contract unless Josh and his agent had already agreed to them?

The Colts have been damaged.    And the Patriots damaged us by enticing a coach who had already agreed to terms to join Indy to reneg on the deal.       The news of McDaniels to Indy didn't catch Kraft off-guard.    It's been out there for weeks.      But the stories out today say Kraft moved in the last 48 hours.     

The Pats damaged the Colts.     I expect the NFL to drop the hammer on New England.

It's a TERRIBLE look for the NFL.   They HAVE to do something.    I don't think doing nothing is even an option.

Agreed.  Promissory estoppel is a real thing.  I want compensation.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No, but his visor game is on point in comparison. If we get a visor guy, he needs to take his pointers from the Champ

That dude is the man. He was freaking ICE in the Super Bowl. So poised, so strong. *sigh*

1 hour ago, Bad Morty said:

So first off, I don't disagree that this is a pretty bad look for McDaniels, and if I were a Colts fan I would be as angry as everyone here is. But again I will say it...what is the harm? No team is guaranteed that the person they want to hire for a job will accept that job. The fact that he agreed verbally to the terms the Colts presented him and then changed his mind is really irrelevant. People are allowed to do this, regardless of the negative ramifications on the other party. The only thing they AREN'T allowed to do is reneg on a legal contract. So where is the "irreparable harm" that needs to be remedied? They tried to hire him, he said no...it's as simple as that. Had he said no 4 weeks ago, nobody would be arguing for any compensation, right? So a risk was taken by the Colts to wait 4 weeks for him to make this decision. That risk is the sole responsibility of the Colts. It's not the responsibility of another team to compensate the Colts for the risk they willingly took to wait the extra 4 weeks on an uncertain outcome.

Your view is so jaded I'd say it's biased.

Irreparable harm is easy to see. Let's not act like Mcdaniels did not give Indy his intent to coach for them before the playoffs even started.  If he hadn't the organization wouldn't have eliminated the other candidates from contention and focused on hiring assistants who (again let's not pretend here) were directly ordered by Mcdaniels for his staff.  So now that we have the make believe out of the way let's move to the harm. 

Number one Indy will not be given a fair take at the candidates due to a promissory from Mcdaniels that (in good practice) results in the ending of the search.

Number 2 the man hours spent on not only the recruitment of the coaches but also the players that fit the scheme Mcdaniels surely would have discussed in one of the 2 interviews.  (There is no more senior bowl nor games that time was valuable and precious.

Number 3 the contracts that now must be bought out to the assistant who have already been signed based on a promise to coach.

That's alot of money lost and time that won't be returnable.  If that's not irreparable damage I'm not sure what else you are expecting...

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I completely agree with you. The score should have not been the issue. Cheating is cheating. That said, I think most people don't see it the same way you and I (and probably most Colts fans) do. 

Fair point.  

Doesn't matter to me what other fans think of the whole thing. It's pretty shallow to not think it a big deal because of the score though.  

In the end they were rewarded with another championship, despite cheating.  

Bad example for kids IMO.

3 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Irreparable harm is easy to see. Let's not act like Mcdaniels did not give Indy his intent to coach for them before the playoffs even started.  If he hadn't the organization wouldn't have eliminated the other candidates from contention and focused on hiring assistants who (again let's not pretend here) were directly ordered by Mcdaniels for his staff.  So now that we have the make believe out of the way let's move to the harm. 

Number one Indy will not be given a fair take at the candidates due to a promissory from Mcdaniels that (in good practice) results in the ending of the search.

Number 2 the man hours spent on not only the recruitment of the coaches but also the players that fit the scheme Mcdaniels surely would have discussed in one of the 2 interviews.  (There is no more senior bowl nor games that time was valuable and precious.

Number 3 the contracts that now must be bought out to the assistant who have already been signed based on a promise to coach.

That's alot of money lost and time that won't be returnable.  If that's not irreparable damage I'm not sure what else you are expecting...

Yawn... Someone else who dosen't know how the NFL rules work in this situation. 

The colts aren't getting Jack, get over it. 

3 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Fair point.  

Doesn't matter to me what other fans think of the whole thing. It's pretty shallow to not think it a big deal because of the score though.  

In the end they were rewarded with another championship, despite cheating.  

Bad example for kids IMO.

I agree completely. 

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Good post.

Two points:

1) Bad Morty is a Pats fan. Your inclination about him is obviously correct.

2) Any 'promises' between JM and the Colts prior to Monday would not be relevant, as they would be in direct violation of league rules. But that speaks to why the NFL needs to adjust the way head coaches are hired. This hurts other assistants in similar situations.

I agree with the rest for sure.

Just a guess. Belicheck wants Gruden kind of money several sources have speculated on this. Kraft interfered with Garapolo Belichick wanted to keep him even if it meant showing Brady the door. . With both OC and DC coordinators leaving Belicheck had Kraft over the barrel. Now Kraft has fall back strategy. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Good post.

Two points:

2) Any 'promises' between JM and the Colts prior to Monday would not be relevant, as they would be in direct violation of league rules. But that speaks to why the NFL needs to adjust the way head coaches are hired. This hurts other assistants in similar situations.

Moving forward, it will be hard for a team to hire a coordinator of a Super Bowl team. They will not want to risk this happening to them. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Moving forward, it will be hard for a team to hire a coordinator of a Super Bowl team. They will not want to risk this happening to them. 

That might also be another reason why the NFL would change the protections for a team or entertain a case of damages against the Patriots.

8 minutes ago, eseae said:

Yawn... Someone else who dosen't know how the NFL rules work in this situation. 

The colts aren't getting Jack, get over it. 

LOL? I'm not arguing the rules.  He said what irreparable damage and I answered or am I somehow wrong with that answer? 

2 minutes ago, eseae said:

Ha! Everyone wanted him up till about three hours ago.

Except me. Look it up. Now you all know why. 

Wrong. There were others, myself included who weren’t thrilled about the hire.....guess he showed his true colors right away....oh well,....

35831764-3AF0-4D88-93FC-D5C332E54AF7.jpeg

4 minutes ago, eseae said:

Ha! Everyone wanted him up till about three hours ago.

Except me. Look it up. Now you all know why. 

I voted for Nagy in the Poll we had and was on record even saying I liked Wilks and Reich just as good as McDaniels. So not everyone was in love with McDaniels. I was on board with McDaniels though but liked a couple of others better or just as well.

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Guys, here's something I heard a few weeks ago that just crossed my mind. Did you know that Doug Peterson was the Eagles 3rd choice when they hired him? He was a contingency because their first choice was freaking Chuck Pagano, but we retained him.. 

Things happen, hopefully this forces Ballard to look outside of the box a little bit. Maybe find a guy who doesn't smash his ears with a visor and cheat and backstab ect..

I live 30 mins from Philly and most of my friends and family members are eagles fans. Most fans hated the Pederson hire. He was coaching hs football approx 9 years ago and didn’t call the plays in KC. He was not even interviewed for the other nfl openings the year he was hired. He was obviously a home run hire. Hope Colts are fortunate enough with this hire. 

From a coaching perspective mcdaniels was my #1 choice and I’m furious right now.  I will say as fans as much as we follow our team and the NFL, IMO it is difficult to have a strong opinion of who will be a great coach.  We don’t know what truly an assistant coach is contributing to the success of his current team, how they will translate to a true leadership role, etc... We base a lot of our opinions based on team stats/performance,  press conferences etc...  Hoping Ballard gets this right. 

10 minutes ago, eseae said:

Really? Let me find your pats where you badmouthed me for criticizing hiring a convicted Cheater. Quotes is a sec, I remember your screen name. 

Ummm....wrong again, I am a certified hater of everything pats. I can guarantee you won’t find those quotes, lol! And the Bye Felicia was aimed at McDaniels just FYI.

10 minutes ago, Jimi Hayashi said:

Just a guess. Belicheck wants Gruden kind of money several sources have speculated on this. Kraft interfered with Garapolo Belichick wanted to keep him even if it meant showing Brady the door. . With both OC and DC coordinators leaving Belicheck had Kraft over the barrel. Now Kraft has fall back strategy. 

I've got it!

HIRE BELICHICK!!!!!!!

(mostly joking)

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Good post.

Two points:

I really like the NCAA does it

This will definitely change the hiring world from here to the end of the NFL