Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Superman said:

They're setting up the case for the inevitable grievance...

Agreeing to terms is not a contract signed.  It’s low life and unethical to renege, but but without the signed acceptance, there is no contract.

I think all this talk of compensation, etc. is just way off base dreaming.  He strung the Colts along, agreed to the terms, but then showed what kind of unethical dweeb he really is, by reneging on his verbal word.

I am very angered, but given what he revealed himself to be, good riddance to him!

i read the name Leslie Fraser thrown out as a HC candidate.  I liked him when he was here previous and I liked him in Minnesota.

Times are interesting.  lol

41 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It is my opinion form talking to other people about it, but I think the rest of the league kind of saw us as sore losers. I know a lot of fans from other teams did. If the score would have been close then would would have had a huge argument, but form the people I talked to about deflate gate... they mostly think the Colts were sore losers. 

I think the Colts took more of a black-eye than the Patriots did. 

Yeah, I think we look like the country boy who got swindled in the big city because he grew up believing that a man's word is bonding. 

If this indeed was some sort of "vendetta" that Kraft/BB/McDaniels cooked up, I'm not sure why.  I thought winning last year's SB was enough.  I mean, how much can you insult a 4-12 team?

15 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Probably the most accurate summation of my feelings tonight. Hearing McDaniels pulls out but realizing this is not the type of guy you want leading your franchise.

Image result for Alonzo Mourning gif

I love it! Out of likes though

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All you have to do is go to the Poll we had and it shows who wanted who. I voted Nagy, not sure who Gozer who voted for.

Yeah I guess I'll have to edit that AGAIN

We need to absolutely destroy the Pats the next time we play...an all out assault from all other teams as well. Make their freakin lives miserable and destroy any chances he gets offered another HC job.

....I'm so mad I yelled at my dog then I had to go apologize and give him a cookie.

3046288-poster-p-1-how-to-overthrow-your-boss-and-burn-your-company-to-the-ground.jpg

26 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Wrong. There were others, myself included who weren’t thrilled about the hire.....guess he showed his true colors right away....oh well,....

35831764-3AF0-4D88-93FC-D5C332E54AF7.jpeg

I too didn't care to hire him. Patriots assistants have poor records elsewhere. Thats one organization, along with Cleveland's you stay away from

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I didn't want him but I am still mad at him. What he did to us is unprofessional garbage and he deserves to have one of my high heels stuck up his butt.

lmao 

Yeah it puts us in a little predicament but if we can somehow hire Reich I would be ok with that. McDaniels wasn't my first choice either but I was on board with it.

3 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

We need to absolutely destroy the Pats the next time we play...an all out assault from all other teams as well. Make their freakin lives miserable and destroy any chances he gets offered another HC job.

....I'm so mad I yelled at my dog then I had to go apologize and give him a cookie.

3046288-poster-p-1-how-to-overthrow-your-boss-and-burn-your-company-to-the-ground.jpg

thanks for apologizing to your dog, it's more than what McDaniels did to his coaching selections for the Colts. 

Ballard spent all this year fixing relationships with NE just for it all to be flushed down the toilet in the span of 1 hour.

Sucks for all future Pats assistants. No doubt they'll have a harder time gaining trust from the other 31 teams. 

Smh. What a dong show. The same people I laughed at just a few weeks ago who hated everything Patriots, well looks like I might slowly be turning into one of those. 

Screw that team. Screw that franchise. Screw Bob Kraft,

6 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

I'll one up you, I hope Brady gets his throwing hand caught in a blender while making a kale smoothie tonight.

Of course this will paint us in a bad light per media. Irsay is crazy, Luck is done, Ballard is inept.......

On the flip side Brady loses the Super Bowl and even fumbles in the end, but I never seen so much butt kissing and praise for someone losing the big game. If it was anyone else.......they would be raked through the coals.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not overly concerned.  Unless you are hiring a HC with a proven track record, you are taking a shot in the dark anyway.  So now the colts will being take a shot in the dark with someone else. I'm ok with that.

oh, and McDaniels is a turd.  Sorry to all the turds I just insulted.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not overly concerned.  Unless you are hiring a HC with a proven track record, you are taking a shot in the dark anyway.  So now the colts will being take a shot in the dark with someone else. I'm ok with that.

I agree but I am still mad that someone did this to us. 

Josh deserves to be forced to put on a dress and stand in downtown Philly.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I am not real concerned about it either. I was on board with McDaniels but he wasn't my 1st choice. Who would've ever thought Pederson would've won a SB and been a Great Coach when he got hired.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/mcdaniels-decided-to-stay-put-with-no-promises-or-commitments-from-patriots/

Boy the punches keep on rolling in. He didn’t even stay for a carrot dangled in front of him. He just stayed to stay. 

I really want to think this whole thing wasn’t just some elaborate setup designed as deflategate retaliation. 

But I can’t. I just * can’t. If I live for another 50 years I don’t think I’ll be able to ever say this wasn’t a setup to get back at us for deflategate. 

And I’m sure he and Ballard discussed draft and free agency strategy at some point. I’m sure McDaniels has walked away from this with more information than he needs. 

This is bad. This is real bad. Even if you didn’t want him as our coach this is bad.

3 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Wow Bob Kraft meddling with a coaching relationship with another team . . . that is almost like . . . cheating . . . :sip:.

Seriously, it sucks for you guys.  But in the end no one knows Josh's HC capabilities.  So maybe it is a blessing for the colts. 

I just heard that there was no contract signed and that Josh was indicating he wanted more time. 

Things are still kind of up in the air with the SB loss, and BB contract is up in 2018, maybe the Krafts wanted Josh as a back-up and can take over if BB decides to move on after next year.  

I don't know, he had set the Broncos years back when he coached there and his team fell apart from a 6-0 start to go 8-8. Fortunately for the Broncos they pretty much cancelled all of that out with Peyton Manning.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I agree but I am still mad that someone did this to us. 

Josh deserves to be forced to put on a dress and stand in downtown Philly.

It's a total bag move for sure. Good god, the guy is 40 yrs old....learn how to make a decision.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/mcdaniels-decided-to-stay-put-with-no-promises-or-commitments-from-patriots/

Boy the punches keep on rolling in. He didn’t even stay for a carrot dangled in front of him. He just stayed to stay. 

I really want to think this whole thing wasn’t just some elaborate setup designed as deflategate retaliation. 

But I can’t. I just * can’t. If I live for another 50 years I don’t think I’ll be able to ever say this wasn’t a setup to get back at us for deflategate. 

And I’m sure he and Ballard discussed draft and free agency strategy at some point. I’m sure McDaniels has walked away from this with more information than he needs. 

This is bad. This is real bad. Even if you didn’t want him as our coach this is bad.

Thats true, I didn't think about that.

Guess we just have to find someone to go have a talk with McDaniels, privately.

giphy.gif

If you’re not worried you’re not paying enough attention. 

This isn’t just another coaching search now. We’re last at the buffet picking through the scraps. 

But it beyond that we’re not assembling a coaching staff. We’re forcing one together

Significant difference. We’re about to hire a coach and tell him “yeah these guys are here, can’t have your own, so yeah. Good luck.”

It’s hard to be successful as a coaching staff under those circumstances. 

Even if philosophies differ just a small bit it’s going to be magnified and compounded by the way it’s all coming together. 

We’re not looking at a pickle, we’re in the pickle. We’re deep in the pickle. 

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Wow, this is unbelievable.  All because of Jim Irsay.....Ballard gave it his all I'm sure.

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The bolded is an excellent point that I actually didn't even think of. Disregarding everything about him as a HC and how we are seriously behind in the offseason process already, it should be pointed out that now McDaniels (and the Pats by extension) have some sort of idea and insight into Ballard's workings and plans for the offseason, draft, and free agency.