Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Unless he signed the deal there is nothing the colts can do.  (I don't know if he did or didn't)  they also did not higher him asa HC but rather retained him as OC.so it's not the same thing.

I'm not looking to punish McDaniels.

I'm looking to punish the Patriots for enticing a person who has agreed to a deal with the Colts to reneg on the deal and stay with his club.       If he wants to stay -- fine.      But the Patriots need to be punished and heavily.

And this is an easy case to prove whether anything was signed or not.

This is an easy win for the Colts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Who cares what fans says. Patriot fans in particular are notoriously cancerous on the internet. Obviously not all of them, but the majority will never admit the Patriots have ever cheated before, and think that the NFL is out to get them haha.

I read Twitter response for fun

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Simply sound like Irsay wanted to get a jump on ticket sales.   They could have waited until tomorrow.  Why the rush?

Yeah and people actually thought he wasn't trying to sell us that B.S. story on luck coming back this past season just to keep the ticket sales going smh irsay wants his money that's it

12 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

I recently had someone come to work for a day, then quit because the job they wanted opened up. Cost us a single day's paycheck, and we offered the job to the next candidate who's still here.

This reminds me of someone I know online who's a trading card dealer of Magic the Gathering cards. He was helping a friend who wanted to buy some of the rarest cards in the game for over $10,000, so the guy contacted all his dealers, had discussions for months, and made arrangements. Then at the last moment, the friend bailed out on him.

Regardless, all that energy and money tied up, and for what? Nothing. The worst part in these dealings is no one wins. Tons of wasted time and money tied up that not only affects the individuals, but also their families.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I read Twitter response for fun

It really is fun sometimes. Same goes for forums.

What Im REALLY looking forward to is if there IS something to tampering found by the Patriots. Dear GOD!!! I will create a Patriots forum account JUST to make sure I can put laughing emojis all OVER the damn place

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

At first I thought this was a joke, because wasn't it confirmed at this point? Seems very odd.

The only reason I can think of for this is Belichick is indeed retiring and McDaniels will get to take his place?

I had the same thought when I saw the headline.  I think Belichick was wavering on retirement so the domino effect caused McDaniels to do the same thing on the Colts' HC position.

15 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

Oh I think it was a totally D-move...I'm just saying that there's not going to be any compensation if there wasn't a signed contract.

yes, it's slimey. They are who they keep showing us they are.

Up to the NFL what they want to say about this, just as it was with deflategate

Thing is, you can't keep flaunting norms and pushing the envelope on rules and expect that everyone else is ok with it.

Just now, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah and people actually thought he wasn't trying to sell us that B.S. story on luck coming back this past season just to keep the ticket sales going smh irsay wants his money that's it

I thought it was odd that the statement was released today...announcing that your new HC would be hired the next day.  It seemed odd to me when I read it. 

Irsay/Ballard bungled this one.

6 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

The roasting the Patriots are getting is worse

Link?

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. The right thing to do is to just walk away and let people talk trash.

Or just shut it already so they will shut up sooner... look man,I get where you're coming from, really  I'm on your side on this one, at least at first. But you've made your point, respectfully walk away and quit trying to rub people's noses in what is a very crappy situation. Whether you liked McDaniels or not, the Colts got raped today and you're basking in it. All you're doing by continuing is coming off as a petty and arrogant tool, which I know you are not. 

1 minute ago, esmort said:

Agreed... I am disappointed about the McDaniels situation, but wasn't excited about any of those guys. 

I’m not going to lie...I think McDaniels is still a good coach..good at his job..I was worried about his character (video taping etc) but figured he probably had learned from that. Well now I got my answer about him. Just really excited and anxious to move on and get our future coach in here.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'd just like to say...props to Greg Doyel.  Many were hating on this dude calling him a Colts hater, etc.  Looks like he wasn't so batty after all.  

nah, he's always going to take the anti colt position.  He must be so happy now

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

This is a bad situation for everyone. But it is pretty hard to walk away when someone is telling me to shut up. Even though they are trying to be nice about it. 

I have walked away several times. People have a problem with my words, because my words are truthful. That's on them. Not me. 

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Just now, BlueShoe said:

This is a bad situation for everyone. But it is pretty hard to walk away when someone is telling me to shut up. Even though they are trying to be nice about it. 

I have walked away several times. People have a problem with my words, because my words are truthful. That's on them. Not me. 

Well, if you look above, even Nadine has said to knock it off now. If that's not proof enough that you've gone over the line, then I don't know what will

1 minute ago, Superman said:

His contract expires in a couple weeks, but they can request him now, and Philly can't block him.

I was too busy typing and reading posts, that I didn't read the whole story.

The rule only applies to a "lateral move"...

I suppose a head coaching interview can be conducted immediately.

14 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

I recently had someone come to work for a day, then quit because the job they wanted opened up. Cost us a single day's paycheck, and we offered the job to the next candidate who's still here.

This is very different: Millions of dollars were committed, plans were made. This, IMO, is like starting the process of hiring a Project Manager for a huge project, but they're not under official contract yet because official duties. However, they've guided you to hire/spend XYZ dollars for parts/software/skilled labor that will assist. Then the day before the project begins, walks in and defecates all over your desk, hands you the bills for the contracts officially signed, and walks out.

I know of several instances in the education world like this

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

nah, he's always going to take the anti colt position.  He must be so happy now

Not that it much matters, but I don't agree. I get that his brand isn't most people's cuppa, but honestly, if anyone needs a pip in the collar, he does. He was way out in front of this not being the fit. 

Granted, there's more to it than that, but generally, he was right and got hammered for having a bad attitude. Well, considering what's happened, some of it was warranted. 

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I don't need Kudos.

It was never about that. 

And your point is what? I get made fun of and have my “IMO” valid points rediculed all the time on here. I might even say that if I went around saying how right I was or get into it with people that did that to me on everything I say that got proven right I wouldn’t have time to post on anything else. Again sorry you were attacked for your opinion that turned out to be true...I don’t know what you gain in pointing out you were correct. I’ll say it...kudos. Moving on...

sorry nadine..I’m done.

49 minutes ago, GuitarMD said:

#1 - Colts look disorganized, unprepared, and unprofessional, even if it is because of some jerky move of McD.

#2 - We have given contracts to other assistance coaches and coordinators based on the presumption that McDaniels would be here. What do those guys do? They are out of a job if they don't take the Colts gigs, but that is pretty shaky ground to start a new coordinator position.

#3 - We missed out on hiring some other potentially good HC and OC candidates while waiting for McDaniels.

#4 - How hard will it be for whomever is hired as head coach to win the respect of that locker room? All the players will know you were the second (nope, Nagy), third (nope, Vrabel), I mean at least 4th choice as head coach...
#5 - How unprofessional of McD to accept the offer verbally, and then back out. While this will burn some bridges for him, I don't think he will ever "get his". He will be rewarded handsomely by Robert Kraft. (As if Colts fans needed more reasons to dislike the Pats).

1) I don't think so. I think your #5 outweighs any idea that the Colts did anything wrong.

2) Don't know, but it sounds like we're honoring their contracts. It also sounds like Phair is more linked with Eberflus and Ballard than McDaniels, so that's probably not a bad thing at this point.

3) Not really, IMO. I wasn't excited about anyone else, I thought McDaniels was the best candidate. The only guy I would have considered is Shurmur, and evidently he wasn't even requested by the Colts.

4) Not that hard, I don't think. He'll be viewed in contrast to the snake. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I have not broken 1 single rule. And people keep coming at me. 

I made a comment that people did not like even though it was the truth. 

I have no problem walking away. I have walked away several times from this conversation. 

You are basically trolling at this point. 

52 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

So first off, I don't disagree that this is a pretty bad look for McDaniels, and if I were a Colts fan I would be as angry as everyone here is. But again I will say it...what is the harm? No team is guaranteed that the person they want to hire for a job will accept that job. The fact that he agreed verbally to the terms the Colts presented him and then changed his mind is really irrelevant. People are allowed to do this, regardless of the negative ramifications on the other party. The only thing they AREN'T allowed to do is reneg on a legal contract. So where is the "irreparable harm" that needs to be remedied? They tried to hire him, he said no...it's as simple as that. Had he said no 4 weeks ago, nobody would be arguing for any compensation, right? So a risk was taken by the Colts to wait 4 weeks for him to make this decision. That risk is the sole responsibility of the Colts. It's not the responsibility of another team to compensate the Colts for the risk they willingly took to wait the extra 4 weeks on an uncertain outcome.

I don't think the bolded is irrelevant at all. There's plenty of legal precedent for verbal agreements being treated as binding.