Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

End of 4th quarter, call an outside the tackles run to Josh McDaniels' sideline side in the Patriots game :) #kidding

Id love to see that happen. But it won't, we're too classy for that and all honesty, I'd rather not see our players stoop that low... now if somehow the security at LOS refused to let McDaniels and anyone from the Patriots into LOS for the combine, I'd be fully onboard

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, csmopar said:

Id love to see that happen. But it won't, we're too classy for that and all honesty, I'd rather not see our players stoop that low... now if somehow the security at LOS refused to let McDaniels and anyone from the Patriots into LOS for the combine, I'd be fully onboard

haha McDaniels being at the combine.... now that will be interesting.

11 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Did several people call you an * for not wanting Josh McDaniels?

This feels good in several ways for me. First, we don't have to marry that butt clown. Second, I get to watch all the people who talked down to me, back out of their reasoning for hiring him. 

What exactly is it you're wanting...??    

Saying I told you so....  Gloating...    is not a very desirable trait to have.

You can be happy with yourself, that this is the outcome you wanted,   but as far as everyone else..   Let it Go.

McDaniels is already getting bashed bigtime on Twitter and by some on ESPN. Saying his move was weak, they are calling him a fraud and a liar, also some are calling the Pats organization the most shady in NFL history. Believe me, this is far from over. I am glad they deserve it after this. If McDaniels even had a verbal agreement and had a say on what Assistants would be hired then the Colts have legal action they could take - that could be fraud. This move by McDaniels makes the league look bad so I am sure Goodell will investigate this. If McDaniels can do this than this sets a precedent that anyone can do it and get away with it which would put a team in a predicament.

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

What exactly is it you're wanting...??    

Saying I told you so....  Gloating...    is not a very desirable trait to have.

You can be happy with yourself, that this is the outcome you wanted,   but as far as everyone else..   Let it Go.

It is sad that you see it that way. 

I am going to respectfully disagree with your opinion. 

I guess one way to look at it... at least this clown show told us now he was not all in. Sure, I want to kick him in the nads, but maybe we are seeing that he has not matured.

Where to look now is the magic question? Why would any candidate jump to interview now? They would be like the 7th pick. They would have to know that they are not the first choice by any stretch of the imagination.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

McDaniels is already getting bashed bigtime on Twitter and by some on ESPN. Saying his move was weak, they are calling him a fraud and a liar, also some are calling the Pats organization the most shady in NFL history. Believe me, this is far from over. I am glad they deserve it after this. If McDaniels even had a verbal agreement and had a say on what Assistants would be hired then the Colts have legal action they could take - that could be fraud. This move by McDaniels makes the league look bad so I am sure Goodell will investigate this. If McDaniels can do this than this sets a precedent that anyone can do it and get away with it which would put a team in a predicament.

Honestly, I'm shocked.... completely shocked, not that McDaniels did this, but the outcry from around the league, on social media, twitter, facebook, forums, etc is almost entirely against McDaniels and the Patriots. Even seen some players from other teams tweeting that they are glad they dont play for him.  I think you are 100% right, this is FAR from over.  This "could" potentially back fire big time for the Pats and McDaniels beyond any punishment from the league office, should that happen.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Dude, please, as a favor, just stop.  I normally agree with a majority of your posts, but when the boss lady even says you need to let it go, let it go,  just ignore any responses from posters quoting your posts from 12 hours ago.  Just let it go

Just now, csmopar said:

Honestly, I'm shocked.... completely shocked, not that McDaniels did this, but the outcry from around the league, on social media, twitter, facebook, forums, etc is almost entirely against McDaniels and the Patriots. Even seen some players from other teams tweeting that they are glad they dont play for him.  I think you are 100% right, this is FAR from over.  This "could" potentially back fire big time for the Pats and McDaniels beyond any punishment from the league office, should that happen.

As it should...!!

We went from getting our 1st. choice to what our 6th or 7th choice.  Some coach who was not even on our first list of candidates.  I like Ballard as much as everyone but in this day and age you can get contracts signed over the internet.  Happens all the time.  You can have in person signings for the media but getting an electronic signature is not hard.  So instead of locking McDaniels up he signs three coaches before him costing Irsay millions most likely.  The franchise and Ballard specifically looks incompetent.  If you believe the reports Ballard was hedging his situation and already has three interviews lined up reinforces how crazy it was to hire those three coaches.  The NFL is big business you can't risk making dumb mistakes like that.  Trusting a man at his word with millions of dollars and a teams reputation at stake is pretty naive IMO.  Ballard has a lot of explaining to do to Irsay and a mountain of a mistake to clean up.  

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Yehoodi

Are you that dense?! Enough time to find another coach? Oh ya sure, we can get another coach but we missed out on getting a quality coach because they are all gone. From my perspective, this was the Patriots play all along, to leave us with nobody of worth and make us wait for as long as possible. To ensure we get nobody. Wouldn't put past your spiteful organization for this to be retaliation for deflategate. Journalists and other people, like myself, saw this was a possibility.

Edit: Which some articles are already claiming its possible retaliation now that I'm reading more about it

Seriously? All the quality coaches are gone? So there were only 6 of them? Lol. Come on, man.

19 hours ago, krunk said:

colts-35.png  Colts | Jerry Schuplinski expected to Colts    Tue Feb 6, 12:01 PM

New England Patriots assistant quarterbacks coach Jerry Schuplinski is expected to join the Indianapolis Colts, according to a source.

Link to story

So he also screwed a fellow Patriot coach...

30 minutes ago, Gramz said:

haha McDaniels being at the combine.... now that will be interesting.

Anyone from the Patriots being at the combine will be interesting.   Sadly, the league wont let us ban them from coming 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Dude, please, as a favor, just stop.  I normally agree with a majority of your posts, but when the boss lady even says you need to let it go, let it go,  just ignore any responses from posters quoting your posts from 12 hours ago.  Just let it go

Just now, richard pallo said:

We went from getting our 1st. choice to what our 6th or 7th choice.  Some coach who was not even on our first list of candidates.  I like Ballard as much as everyone but in this day and age you can get contracts signed over the internet.  Happens all the time.  You can have in person signings for the media but getting an electronic signature is not hard.  So instead of locking McDaniels up he signs three coaches before him costing Irsay millions most likely.  The franchise and Ballard specifically looks incompetent.  If you believe the reports Ballard was hedging his situation and already has three interviews lined up reinforces how crazy it was to hire those three coaches.  The NFL is big business you can't risk making dumb mistakes like that.  Trusting a man at his word with millions of dollars and a teams reputation at stake is pretty naive IMO.  Ballard has a lot of explaining to do to Irsay and a mountain of a mistake to clean up.  

Well, listening to ESPN radio, the way they're talking, there was something in writing with two signatures by McDaniels...

2 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

Seriously? All the quality coaches are gone? So there were only 6 of them? Lol. Come on, man.

Of the ones that were available that were of quality, they would have jobs. There is a reason all the HC coach jobs are filled and nobody is asking other people instead. Because nobody else wanted them. It is doubtful that any quality HC candidates are left. Then you have to take into account what HC would take on a job that doesn't get to pick his Coordinators.  Most likely a desperate one...because he isn't a quality one.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Your 1st choice maybe but not mine.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I hope so.   

They seemed pretty adamant that there were 2 signatures by McDaniels on that contract BEFORE the announcement per their league sources.  They also noted that the contract had been sent to the league office...

This radio broadcast was around 530 AM EST this morning.  Not seeing anything in typed up about it just yet.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well, listening to ESPN radio, the way they're talking, there was something in writing with two signatures by McDaniels...

I wonder what Goodell is thinking about now. I would almost bet Kraft is mainly responsible for this but if McDaniels didn't want to be here fully 100%, then it's a great thing this happened now.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder what Goodell is thinking about now. I would almost bet Kraft is mainly responsible for this but if McDaniels didn't want to be here fully 100%, then it's a great thing this happened now.

Yeah but a good point that was brought up, just what did McDaniels get to stay in New England?  No way they're paying him the 5-8 million a year he'd gotten as a head coach here, then again, maybe they are.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank Reich>Josh McDaniels

I'll just be happy when we have a coach and can start winning again.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll say this, I'd kill to be a fly on the wall in Goodell's office right when this broke...

23 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

Where to look now is the magic question? Why would any candidate jump to interview now? They would be like the 7th pick. They would have to know that they are not the first choice by any stretch of the imagination.

I actually think this creates a wonderful opportunity for a prospective coach.  He comes in as a saviour, gets nothing but good will in putting himself out there with comments about loyalty and integrity.  If I were a potential candidate that was sitting on the fence, I’d now LEAP at the opportunity to come in to clean up the mess created by low life McDaniels, putting myself out there as a MAN of my word, as a MAN of integrity, and that the great Colts organization is going to dust itself off and soar to great things!

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They seemed pretty adamant that there were 2 signatures by McDaniels on that contract BEFORE the announcement per their league sources.  They also noted that the contract had been sent to the league office...

This radio broadcast was around 530 AM EST this morning.  Not seeing anything in typed up about it just yet.

If that so, Colts should prevent him form going back to Pats and get picks

The Colts are out for BLOOD over this. Pats fans are laughing at us. Who would want to work for Irsay? What is the damn problem with Irsay? This man has more class than the whole Patriots organization combined. 

Josh McDaniels is a damn flake. Career suicided himself over this fiasco. Who assembles coaching staff after multiple meetings and then backs out as those coaches and family members have moved to Indianapolis? This is no laughing matter. That is some straight #ERY on every level possible. Josh McDaniels, Kraft, the whole Patriots organization will burn over this. Josh McDaniels continues to show his true colors. He better HOPE to God that he is never fired from the Patriots because he will never find a job in the NFL over this. Commitment issues, flake, head case is what he is.

They will burn. I know they will. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If that is true then there should be some serious repercussions.  

45 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Maybe a Colts fan at Ruth Chris Steakhouse will put a large dose of ex-lax in McDaniels shrimp cocktail.