Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

5 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

How can you prove anything? I mean has a right to change his mind. But I hope there is a tampering charge though I hate New England.

The proof will be that the Colts likely have a signed "Letter of Understanding"    or a "Memorandum of Understanding."

These are used all the time in the NFL.     But they are used before a contract is actually signed.

So, when a free agent agrees to come to a city to sign a deal,  he's already signed a letter of understanding,    That's typically how it works.

If the Colts have paperwork,  then they've got a case.

We had to have some sort of agreement before we'd announce.....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

RIGHT!!

It's because I did not want McDaniels to begin with. I see now. 

Yeah....

This is obviously on me. :D 

OK, you were right. Let it go, man!!! Take the high road, you have been better than this before. No point rubbing salt on someone's wounds.

There were a lot of us wrong about McDaniels having turned a corner. Endorsements came from Dungy and others, so it meant a lot to Colts fans then, apparently a leopard does not change its spots. 

Just now, ReMeDy said:

Well now one moment. We don't know if they're underwhelming. That's taking it a bit far.

I don't think Eberflus is underwhelming. He has a great resume, in fact. He's not the well known defensive guru I was hoping for, but he's a legit candidate, IMO.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

WRONG!

I am excited about this news. 

I actually think we have a chance to be a contender now. 

I was completely against bringing McDaniels in. 

The best candidate in the league.   Yeah,   I'm sure he would have sucked

1 minute ago, Superman said:

McDaniels is the one who agreed to take the job, then backed out at the last minute. He has no integrity.

And I agree with you about compensation. It's hard to see this not going to the league office and resulting in picks for the Colts. The precedent is Belichick, but that was a long time ago, and the rules are different now. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22349872/josh-mcdaniels-spurns-indianapolis-colts-remain-new-england-patriots

However, McDaniels did not have a signed contract with the Colts, according to a source.

Does this mean no compensation?

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

How can a true fan of the team be excited by this. You sound as petty and childish and the Pats. You sure you're a Colts fan?

I was absolutely concerned about our team with Josh McDaniels as our head coach. 

Seriously. I was totally against it. 

This is GREAT news, because we get away from him now rather than later. 

Just now, Superman said:

McDaniels is the one who agreed to take the job, then backed out at the last minute. He has no integrity.

And I agree with you about compensation. It's hard to see this not going to the league office and resulting in picks for the Colts. The precedent is Belichick, but that was a long time ago, and the rules are different now. 

I don't know how the rules are different.

But I'm betting we have a Letter of Understanding with McDaniels signature on it.

If the Pats have made him a better deal to stay fine --- but they have to pay the price.

The Colts are clearly a damaged party here.     And at this late date,   seriously damaged.

I think we're entitled to substantial damages.....    New England should feel a very sharp pain for what they've done.

1 hour ago, ricker182 said:

If there was a signed contract, then NE will lose some picks.  

Habitual cheaters never change. 

Yeah they are what they are and we set ourselves up to get played.  I hope the Pats lose some picks but they got over on us this time.

Colts fans repent!  We were led astray and blinded by the glory promised by a disciple of the Hoodie and his tainted Super Bowl rings. A coach who would do this is not one who we want leading our franchise.  Our eyes are now open and we are broken.  Now...we can rise again. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

plenty of great coordinators in the league. 

That was all well and good 5 weeks ago. Now you have to rush and make a decision on a coach and hire one you may not want. Maybe it works out for he better but who knows at this point. If McDaniels hand-picked the assistants and the Colts keep them as it’s rumored that they are, we’re hopping that they mesh. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know how the rules are different.

But I'm betting we have a Letter of Understanding with McDaniels signature on it.

If the Pats have made him a better deal to stay fine --- but they have to pay the price.

The Colts are clearly a damaged party here.     And at this late date,   seriously damaged.

I think we're entitled to substantial damages.....    New England should feel a very sharp pain for what they've done.

Yep, we have to follow due process and return some pain. We cannot go away quietly here, being left at the altar like this. If Kraft thought deflategate was damning, we should build a very good case here before petitioning the league, and he can then thank himself later.

This organization is officially a dumpster fire.  I've been a Colts fan for 20 years and I've never been so pessimistic or disappointed about this team.  I wasn't the biggest McDaniels fan but whatever pile of horse manure Ballard can manage to scrape together to replace him won't be nearly as talented.  We now have to pick the best among a bunch of rejects no one else wanted because we wasted all this time.  You can say all you want about the Patriots lack of integrity and ethics but this set the Colts back immensely and it hurts.  I hope that one day this team can return to its former glory but its not close to getting back there anytime soon.  

5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Mcdaniels backing out on the Colts sucks , But honestly  he is  Patriots thru & thru   as we all have come to know that Organization is & will always be shady untrustworthy snakes some of us were willing to overlook it based on the Patriots winning ways minus the shady ways  .

It sucks to start over but why not Chud for this year & take your time finding the right guy ?  Bellicheck will be looking for a new job next year ... 

That's actually not a bad idea then maybe Harbaugh will be available then. 

1 minute ago, jimmy g said:

Gore did the same to Philly, and came to us.

Completely different when it comes to players/coaches. 

Gore goes to Phily and then thats all. Bang done. With a HC comes assistants, other coordinators, etc. 

Gore leaving Philly set them back maybe 1 or 2 days of free agency, McD set us back a full month, where all of our top targets are gone now. This is not comparable AT ALL.

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

That was all well and good 5 weeks ago. Now you have to rush and make a decision on a coach and hire one you may not want. Maybe it works out for he better but who knows at this point. If McDaniels hand-picked the assistants and the Colts keep them as it’s rumored that they are, we’re hopping that they mesh. 

I'm sure if the new coach wants different coaches,   he will get them

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I am not trying to rub salt in other people wounds. I am just happy we did not go down that road. 

Others sure and hell poked dirt in my eye for emphatically not wanting Josh McDaniels thoughl!!!

You spoke your piece several times, we know where you stand, no need to keep regurgitating it every time. We know, you are bitter about those who made fun of you, I would be too. However, the "I told you so" has to stop if you wish to not act like the ones that shamed you.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I doubt there was an actual contract that was signed.

But what I think WAS signed is what is called a "Letter or understanding."

Sort of a simplified contract.     BUT....     I think he can have the effect of a contract.

So,  I think the Colts are clearly entitled to HUGE compensation.

We got screwed.      We are clearly a damaged party.      We deserve compensation. 

In the NFL,  over this type of issue,   that means DRAFT PICKS!     And I'd say multiple.

I like the sound of that. Potentially more draft picks to fuel our make over.

Further those lost picks will not help a Patriots dynasty already on it's way out...Josh or no Josh. Once Belichick and Brady go it's a wrap for them.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Was just thinking about that

I just don't get it. Brady will be gone soon enough. They won't be the NE that he's used to. Why not take a shot to be a HC without living in Belichick's shadow? We have just as much offensive talent, outside of the TE position.

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I am all in for Frank Reich. He is a Great character guy and a Great OC. Just won a SB.

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Upset?

LOL

This is the BEST news I have heard in weeks! 

I am so happy that we will not have to marry that clown!!!!!!

This is absolutely on Ballard. He danced with the devil and got his butt kicked!!!

I'm moving on from McDaniels.

Now, I want BLOOD from the Patriots.     At a minimum I want New England's FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS this year AND next.     18 and 19.     And maybe more.

The Colts are a damaged party.     To have to start a new HC search at this late date?     We're screwed.    Not saying we can't still get a decent coach,   but the Pats have made things incredibly difficult.

I think the Pats have to pay for this and I want EVERYTHING WE CAN GET!!

1 minute ago, Andrew86 said:

This organization is officially a dumpster fire.  I've been a Colts fan for 20 years and I've never been so pessimistic or disappointed about this team.  I wasn't the biggest McDaniels fan but whatever pile of horse manure Ballard can manage to scrape together to replace him won't be nearly as talented.  We now have to pick the best among a bunch of rejects no one else wanted because we wasted all this time.  You can say all you want about the Patriots lack of integrity and ethics but this set the Colts back immensely and it hurts.  I hope that one day this team can return to its former glory but its not close to getting back there anytime soon.  

Remind me not to be next to you in a fox hole.