Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say What You Want

IndyD4U

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

The better Brissett performs the more games the Colts will win adding to the "Sit Luck All Year" movement of which I am president of (I won that lection fair & square). If you don't want Luck healthy for the next ten years then trade him now and let someone else bandage him.

Sitting Luck all year would be stupid. When hes healthy he should and will play.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It was 93, although it was a really petty call. They gave up the 3-20 anyways which was a joke. Then added that 15 yard penalty. 

Thank you...I meant the punt that preceded the td drive but I did not clarify.  I watched on the computer, lol!  I was able to see the OT though and saw the double coverage int that Brissett threw....93 is Sheard I believe.

12 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Two questions...who committed the 15 yard penalty in the 4th that lead to the Cards TD?  Second, was Hairston blitzing as a CB on his sack?

That roughing the passer call on Sheard was horrible. Sheard barely even touched him. I did not understand that penalty at all.

16 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I will never understand the love for Arians as an offensive play caller.

Personally I think Arians is a great head coach.     If I were a player,  I'd love to play for him.

But I'm not a fan of his offensive system.

His play calling,  especially at the end of the game, is typically pretty good.    Remember all those great comebacks Luck's rookie year?      Hang those on Arians.    

I just don't understand all his 7 step drops and plays that are slow to develop.     All of his QB's get hurt...   Roethlisberger, Luck and now Carson Palmer.       I don't think that's a coincidence.

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It was 93, although it was a really petty call. They gave up the 3-20 anyways which was a joke. Then added that 15 yard penalty. 

It was beyond petty in that there was zero infraction. Sheard's arm came onto the QB's throwing arm.  It was the movement of the QB's arm that pushed his arm into the QB's face mask. In other words, Jabaal Sheard's arm was pushed into the QB by the QB.  Simply put, it should not have been called a penalty.  

On 9/17/2017 at 4:25 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

Whoever moore is on the defense needs to be cut ASAP

i concur pag patted him on the head like he did great after the 15 yd error, pet a dog that bites and he will bite again, pat a player when he messes up and he will mess up again, we need dicipline

3 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Listen the team gave it there all today, and the defense was lights out (mostly). The result doesn't bother me. It's the way it happened.

When you're up 10 in the fourth quarter at home, and at one point the other teams offense (that couldn't do anything all day) is facing a 3rd and 20 from their own 10, you have to close it out.

Disappointing finish to what was otherwise a brilliant display by the defense. 

Our coordinators could have done a much better job.  Our offensive play calling is still pretty predictable and our defensive strategy at the end of the game was awful.  You give up a 1st. down on 3rd. and 20?  You kidding me.  They had a 500 pound statue playing QB.  Pagano should fire Monachino and take over the defense himself.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Our coordinators could have done a much better job.  Our offensive play calling is still pretty predictable and our defensive strategy at the end of the game was awful.  You give up a 1st. down on 3rd. and 20?  You kidding me.  They had a 500 pound statue playing QB.  Pagano should fire Monachino and take over the defense himself.  

That 3rd and 20 convert was nauseating 

why is everyone so negative here, whatever the case they always look for the bad things. JB has had 2 weeks to learn an entire playbook, and today he played pretty well figuring those circumstances. there were many improvements, the young secondary looks promising, and the o-line, while it didn't do great, was awful. As a fan of a subpar team, you guys can't be constantly by looking at the negatives, every team has them. 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know people don't want to hear this but we have to wait until next season to have high expectations. Once we hire Jim Harbaugh and get high picks. If that happens beers on me and I predict SB with a healthy Luck and Harbaugh at the helm.

You really think Irsay is going to pay Harbaugh the money he is going to demand?  I don't think so.  I would love it but I don't think so.  More likely a Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Hue Jackson or Bruce Ariens or any other coach who might get fired this year.  He did it with Dungy. 

3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Proud of what? Losing? Are some becoming snowflakes here too with good loses? Coaches need to tell number 42 what fair catch means instead running into player. Of course the o line sucks.

WOW ! Such a statement from a "Senior Member" of the group is awesome in its negativity! If you cannot see the improvement from last week to this week then maybe you need to leave and follow one of the teams that never lose 2 games in a row !  Go Colts !!!

3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Keep on looking through those rose colored glasses.

It's a reality.  Live with it.

Brissett had plenty of time in the pocket most of the day.  The D-line was very good against the run.  We also got  3 sacks today.  The kids got beat a few times but were far from terrible - especially Hooker with this first pick.  Growing pains will happen.

Still don't understand giving Melvin that much playing time, though.  Guy just is bad.  Have they given up on Green already or am I missing something?

Rigoberto is also punting pretty well.  AV is back to his normal self.

Plenty of things were positive today, but we have plenty more to improve on.  It wasn't as bad as you make it seem.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know people don't want to hear this but we have to wait until next season to have high expectations. Once we hire Jim Harbaugh and get high picks. If that happens beers on me and I predict SB with a healthy Luck and Harbaugh at the helm.

High picks sound so wonderful lol so does a new coach haha

3 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

We played a banged up Cardinals team. They were missing some of their O-Line, WR and RB, and were playing on the road.

Plus they're rolling with a 40 year old QB.

And we were missing our franchise QB, starting center, lockdown CB, and a few others.

So...what's your point exactly?

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't mind it but I have a hard time seeing him leave Michigan, even with Luck here.

4 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

But I'm damn proud of this team. Considering how they played last week, much improved. 

Still some things to work on but we'll get there 

We need this team to show up every week if you add Andrew to that performance we just might have something. Let's see who shows up next week.

2 hours ago, #12. said:

No way they make a run at 0-4 or 0-5, even in ithis division.  They really needed this game.  The Browns game is pretty much the season.  Lose it, and it's over.  Even if you win it, you are practically guaranteed to be 1-3 the following week.

I don't see how the Browns game could possibly be the season... And 1-3 still wouldn't be the end... We'd be 2 games out at worst...

39 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is so incredibly petty. You don't have any idea what Pagano said to him.

Exactly you could tell from the kids body language he knew he screwed up.  Pagano didn't need to tell him what he already knew.  What he needed was to get him to put it behind him because they needed him to finish the game.  Coaches are there to encourage players too, not just yell at them for mistakes.  

I'll say it's something the coaches should work on in film study and point out you have to eliminate these dumb penalties, and I've been as hard as anyone on Pagano for the team being undisciplined under him in that regard, but I have no issues with how he handled this situation in game.

So, some of us are "proud" of a close loss to a struggling team.  Hmmm.  I guarantee that Chuck shares the same sentiment that you do, but I sure hope that Irsay and Ballard do not.  Look, I get that the 2000s were crazy, with consecutive 12 win seasons, but I hope that the Colts don't develop a culture that is satisfied with moral victories. It doesn't matter what we as fans think of the loss, but we need management to hate losing.  The great franchises are never okay with losing, and it's one of the reasons that they are able to have sustained success over long periods.  Polian, for all of his faults, was never okay with losing.  It * him off, and I hope that Ballard is the same way.  We all know thst Chuck is all about moral victories, trusting the process, pat the guys on the back, etc, and hopefully that mindset will be gone when we finally get a new coach.  

6 hours ago, Thorolf said:

WOW ! Such a statement from a "Senior Member" of the group is awesome in its negativity! If you cannot see the improvement from last week to this week then maybe you need to leave and follow one of the teams that never lose 2 games in a row !  Go Colts !!!

What did he say that was wrong?  Why are we proud of our guys losing to a bad team?  I mean, I guess we should be proud that they didn't lose by 40 points to a bad team?  That's the mentality of the Browns fan base.  There are a lot of Browns fans in my family, and I swear, we are slowly starting to sound like them.  

12 hours ago, Thorolf said:

Don't tell me who to follow as been with them through a lot of garbage years since 72. It's just they are so Flat and no desire; that is on the HC. You must be a chucker no matter what. 

Eh. 

It was a watchable game, but it still didn't give me cause for any immediate hope. 

The biggest takeaway from this game for me is how bad the Cardinals actually are. I expected a huge rebound from them this season. Carson Palmer just looks done. That team has taken quite the hard fall of it's own in the last couple years. 

16 hours ago, will426 said:

lack of effort from AC/Moncreif 

These two alone really hurt our chances for winning. Crief played so timidly, you would have thought he was made of glass(I'm being pc here, he had me cursing the tv!). AC has been a true disappointment since signing his fat contract. We need a real LT in the next cpl of drafts for sure, AC is soft and isn't cutting it imo. 

13 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I think he admonished him then patted him on the head to shake it off and move on.  I think that was good coaching.

Better coaching would have been to have him ready to not do it in the first place.    Maybe we are getting conditioned to accept a team that is not disciplined.  

I have yet to see much from this Pagano-led team that gives me a good feeling about the coaching. 

This game was better, but we still blew a good lead late.  

A loss to the Browns at home would be embarrassing.