Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we consider cutting phillip dorsett

12isthenew18

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorsett just isnt that good. He wasnt even good in college. In his 4 years at Miami he averaged 30 catches for 533 yards and 4 TDs. Hardly the type of productivity I would have forked over a first round pick on. Especially when the colts had/ have so many glaring needs in so many areas. Classic example of a guy whos stock went through the roof after he ran a blazing 40 time. Much like Stehpen Hill or Darius Heyward Bey, except those guys at least had size to match their speed. I cant express the dissapointment I had when we drafted him, and that dissapointment hasnt subsided in the slightest watching him play every week. Aside from the bomb touchdown he caught in London (which he was left wide open in a blown coverage) I can't recall him doing anything memorable at all in his time here. 

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Grigson has to go because its picks like that is the reason why this team isn't a contender.

So many homers defended that pick when it was made too.  They said those who were complaining were just being negative for complaining about it.  Now it's evident exactly why so many of us were upset with Griggson for this stupid waste of a first round pick.  We could have invested in defense or our offensive line or traded down and picked up more picks to address actual weaknesses.  Nothing against Dorsett personally. He has under achieved and he carries a negative opportunity cost with him.   But that falls squarely on Griggson.  

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

So many homers defended that pick when it was made too.  They said those who were complaining were just being negative for complaining about it.  Now it's evident exactly why so many of us were upset with Griggson for this stupid waste of a first round pick.  We could have invested in defense or our offensive line or traded down and picked up more picks to address actual weaknesses.  Nothing against Dorsett personally. He has under achieved and he carries a negative opportunity cost with him.   But that falls squarely on Griggson.  

Exactly. That's where a lot of the Grigs dislike comes from.

Banking Dorsett in the high/mid first means he's got to be in the plans as a level 1 starter. Not a contributor.

I'm not sure if its Chud honestly because he's never a hot route or quick screen guy by our own design it seems.

But I agree we should be trying everything to make the lines better before even some other more obvious problems.

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Same homers that think we're magically going to the superbowl and beating the pats

8 hours ago, GoBlue12 said:

He was a late Al Davis pick. Oooh, look at that 40 time! Gotta have him! That even after we had DHB for a year and kicked him to the curb.

That sounds about right, a workout superstar. The thing I remember being mad about was that Landon Collins was available  and they had a shot at him with that pick.  They had their usual problems on defense and picked another WR. 

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

The 'Thread of Champions'. The only certainties in life, are death, taxes and whiny colts fans after a loss.......look, you have me at it now, it's contagious......

That's the fans prerogative. You have a high and mighty attitude like you are better than everybody else. If you don't like fans discussing the team , don't look. It's that simple. 

7 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I was one that defended the pick at first but now I will eat crow and say I was wrong this guy sucks.

You can chalk this kid up to being a bust because of 2 people. Pagano and Chad. I can't understand why coaches can't quit putting square pegs into round holes and wonders why it doesn't click. Hot routes, slants, bubble screens, occasional go routes, any kind of crossing routes to get him into space should work wonders for this kid but nooooooo, we keep doing the same crap with him that doesn't work well. Either chad has become a # and can't manage an offensive game plan and/or Pagano doesn't know how to adjust on a game plan once it's devised based on match ups. 

For all you that bash Griggs on bad picks and why the team can't succeed, we have seen teams do more with less talent than we have because they have good coaching. We do not have good coaching here. 

I'm amazed.  With all of the other crap going on with this team people want to focus on THIS????  I will tell you all something and I want you to make sure you read this carefully:  Even if Phillip Dorsett was the next Antonio Brown it STILL wouldn't make this team good, let alone a Superbowl contender.  There are SO many other problems with this team he would be wasted anyway.  Top to bottom this team stinks right now and it's time to start over IMHO.

It's just humorous to me.  It's like asking WTH has happened to Jack Doyle the last month, he's disappeared!  Who cares?  He alone wasn't going to make this team competitive!  Wake up people, this team is flawed top to bottom and is snakebitten with injuries.  Nothing is going to help that!  In the real world, it's like complaining that your door handle is broken on a car that just got totaled!

3 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

That's the fans prerogative. You have a high and mighty attitude like you are better than everybody else. If you don't like fans discussing the team , don't look. It's that simple. 

Have a Snickers mahagga.....or leftover turkey.  It's all about opinions.  We all know this.  CALM..... :)  

3 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Absolutely. Cry and whine all you want. Over a sport. Fill your boots. I might just change my username to High&Mighty. You are a good fellow really.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Why, because he dropped a TD pass last night? So did TY Hilton, and Moncrief had a huge red-zone drop as well. Am I supposed to just give those guys a pass because they weren't drafted in the first round?

They actually get more than a catch per a game compared to Dorsett

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's the 3rd WR on the depth chart for a team that struggles to protect it's QB, how many catches do you expect him to be getting exactly?

Wasn't Moncrief the 3rd WR for 2 years with Olines worst than this one?  He still put up decent stats